Notts County vs Rochdale AFC

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

We desperately need to win this, I thought the draw against Bradford would have kept the gap more favourable towards us but we are only four points from off the drop zone. It must be on the minds of the players, we didn't even get a shot on target against Bradford City in the first half but we did play okay until it came to the important stage.

Rochdale are ours for the taking and we must.

Please, please, please stick with two upfront and don't let one of them drift back.

For me I'd give Lita and Bajner the positions upfront. 2-0 win is my prediction, part hope and part madness. WE CAN DO IT THOUGH! WE MUST BELIEVE.

What about you? Score predictions folks?

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Its the turning point for Derry, its got to be. I doubt many will accept a loss and would a point be good enough? Tough times.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Its the turning point for Derry, its got to be. I doubt many will accept a loss and would a point be good enough? Tough times.

I'm in agreement with @AmericanPie here. We must get 3 points here or I think the board seriously need to consider SD's position. Loyalty and stability are something that we've strived for for a long long time at the Lane. The problem arises when you blindly stick to it in the face of relegation again this year. This team is SD's team. The beginning of the season we were lucky and everyone knew that. 

I would love to win tomorrow and SD to put a run together as he is an honest and hard working type of manager, but his tactical awareness is lacking. His choices of players (especially when we've used so many players) is sometimes questionable.

Let's hope that we can put that down to inexperience (even though GA should have guarded against that) and we win tomorrow night. You Pies.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

A game we should be winning and I think we will. I don't see us finishing higher than 20th but I don't see us going down either. Lucky for us that Crewe are woeful plus Colchester or Yeovil won't catch us. Crawley are the only team I worry about, but not too much.

2-1 to us. Thompson and McCourt.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

We need 3 points or the knives will be out.

OI, who just stabbed me? LOL :rolleyes:

Sacking Derry would be a massive mistake, I think the best thing now would be to just get the points required and then get to the end of the season. It won't be worth it but look, at the start we was doing very well and with an average squad. A squad who gave 100% but for some reason it all burned out, I think this is because we missed the quality of the loan players and gambled when replacing them.

If we can beat Rochdale things will look a little better, we need to get to 50 points at all costs.

I wished we would be a little more physical of the pitch and press players, I don't mean being dirty but letting the opposition know we are there. I have a good feeling, so hopefully we can make the most of the chance we have and just buckle down or Granny will get ya! Run a way!!! :frantics::angel:

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

we need to get the win but rochdale are not that far from making a play off push, are they good enough? i dont think so but they have the quality to make the game for us very hard.

i just want to see notts having a go at times and not being afraid to shoot.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

The quality is there to beat Rochdale.

Its just will we play in a way that will allow us to do that? I have a feeling we are in for some tough times before things get better. I say 1-3 to them for the score prediction.

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I think it will be another tough game, Rochdale are within shouting distance of the playoffs and will be going for it. I'm not sure about Lita up front, I think Bajner should start but he needs someone with him not on his own. Perhaps Thompson could partner him.

I want to see Notts harrying Rochdale for every ball, closing them down, don't let them play, get in their faces, it will mean every player giving 100% every minute of the game. If we do that we can win, although I think it may well end in another draw.

Supporter+

Forgot to say I don't want Derry sacked no matter what the result tomorrow and I don't think he will be.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

We need the win, a draw here would probably push us closer to the pack and we MUST keep a way from them at all costs.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

We'll win. only need 4 more wins in 11

Number 1 tomorrow then.

Notts 2 - 0 Rochfail

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  43
  • Days Won:  2

Your leaving it a little late pie fans but I think you will be fine, good luck!

NightOWL

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  461
  • Days Won:  2

I'm in agreement with @AmericanPie here. We must get 3 points here or I think the board seriously need to consider SD's position. Loyalty and stability are something that we've strived for for a long long time at the Lane. The problem arises when you blindly stick to it in the face of relegation again this year. This team is SD's team. The beginning of the season we were lucky and everyone knew that. 

I would love to win tomorrow and SD to put a run together as he is an honest and hard working type of manager, but his tactical awareness is lacking. His choices of players (especially when we've used so many players) is sometimes questionable.

Let's hope that we can put that down to inexperience (even though GA should have guarded against that) and we win tomorrow night. You Pies.

If we managed to win this game, then draw to MK Dons and win the game after things could be much different.

Problem I face is that I think Rochdale will edge it, I do not see us getting anything against MK Dons and it will be all down hill from there. I have my faith, I back the boys but it is getting desperate and I am afraid it stops with Derry.

He needs to motivate the players, his time is running out and I would like to see him stay.

1-2 to Rochdale.

• Content Count:  77
  • Days Won:  0

If we start Bajner and some upfront i am convinced we can win.

• Content Count:  91
  • Days Won:  0

Lets just hope we can find the net, I agree that if we get chances on target it is the key to turning things around. Does Derry still believe everything is hunky dory? I would like to know.

• Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

-----------------Carroll---------------
-Mullins--Edwards--Hollis--Adams-
----------Wroe--------C.Thompson--
-JCR?--------------------McCourt---
----------Bajner-----Thompson------

That could maybe do it for me, if no JCR, maybe push C.  Thompson out right and bring in Jones to CM. 

-----------------Carroll---------------

-Mullins--Edwards--Hollis--Adams-

----------Wroe--------C.Thompson--

-JCR?--------------------McCourt---

----------Bajner-----Thompson------

That could maybe do it for me, if no JCR, maybe push C.  Thompson out right and bring in Jones to CM. 

Why not G. Thompson and bring on Lita upfront?

• Content Count:  486

........mainly because Lita is awful? He is utterly useless, I'd send him back where he came from. He's worse than Cassidy, and he's diabolical.

I have little faith in Bajner either, pretty stuff at times but zero threat to the oppodition's goal - fundamental requirement fir a striker!

I can't share your enthusiasm for or confidence in that pair Joe.

I don't think we've seen enough of Lita to compare him to Cassidy personally, who I hate to say but even he could be useful right now (Cassidy). Lita needs a partner, as does anyone. We was lumping the ball to him (same old story) and he's a little guy, okay @Cobby he's not not JCR but he isn't far from that height and we really need to be passing to the strikers.

Make the most of set pieces and crosses tonight, that's where I see Rochdale being weak. COYP

Supporter+

I really hope JCR is fit tonight, he is a player who can make a difference.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

I'm counting on 3 points but we all know what Notts are like, just play well and take any chances.

• Content Count:  2,743

I really hope JCR is fit tonight, he is a player who can make a difference.

JCR to play a blinder tonight.COYP.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

Good luck,Notts-A hatrick for Paddy ?

• Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

I'm hoping we can get at least another goal to get a draw. A win would be better, but a loss is not needed when we are close to relegation again.

Archived