New striker signing?

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Unbelievable as it may be apparently we may be going to sign a young striker from Chelsea on loan Tammy Abrahams.

Why the heck do we need a striker? Answers on a postcard.

Here is his profile:

http://www.chelseafc.com/teams/development-squad/under-21s/u21-player-profiles/tammy-abraham.html

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

He seems good but anyone that comes in on loan that has no real links to the club like Sheehan, they just don't care about us and won't give full effort, we have 4 decent strikers already, 6 if you include burke and Campbell

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  530
  • Days Won:  24

I think I've seen this guy in Pulp Fiction?

"Say 'what' one more time!................ I dare you, ....................I double dare you mother!"

BOOM......."Oh sorry.....did I break you're concentration?"

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

If this loan does happen I don't know when he'll get a game it isn't as if we are short of strikers.

Crazy!

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

Why don't we leave signings off until we know if the next manager can actually use them? Assuming we actually sign who and what the manager says.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It makes no sense unless Jon Stead is going to be pushed even deeper, I'm honestly not sure what to make of it.

I hope it's just a rumour because we don't need a striker, make use of Murray, Spencer, McLeod, Stead and that lad from Slovakia (or was it Slovenia) who has had limited chances.

Just let the manager decide what we require.

Hopefully he will realise we need to reduce the squad load before we sign addition strikers etc.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

3 hours ago, upthepies said:

Why don't we leave signings off until we know if the next manager can actually use them? Assuming we actually sign who and what the manager says.

Because Guy Branston thinks he runs the club......

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i hope we dont because it is not what we need, we signed barmby when we needed a defender and that could have changed the course of our season. moniz really lost it after that, perhaps he wanted out?

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  1,727

it also states he's a winger why wouldn't he play on the wing ? 

Burke is now been dropped Snidjers clearly out of favour so leaves space for him either on the bench to come on or so valencic is the same winger/striker

And also where has the link for this that we may be signing him on loan ?

• Content Count:  686
  • Days Won:  0

This may not be happening now.

Jamie seems content to use the depths of the existing squad which I am unsure if we need a striker anyway. @tonyhateley where did you read about this?

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I am hoping we sign Sheehan rather than a striker.

Yet a rumour has emerged via the grape vine that Aileen Trew has speculated that a signing has been made, who is awaiting to be announced by the media team.

• Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Not sure Sheenan adds as much to the team now as most think he does. If left back is vacant then fair enough, but as a centre back?  Good cover and better than the choices at the beginning of the season, but now the window is open, surely the scouting has found more suitable options for centre back to partner Bennett.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,772
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

In agreement with Hissing but as Milsom has done a good job at left back, I would far rather release funds for a good centre back, like Charlie Goode, Scunthorpe's reserve by not bringing Adams back into the fold. Maybe we are forcing Mansfield's hand to part with some cash if he is wanted so much

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  174
  • Days Won:  2

7 hours ago, AmericanPie said:

I am hoping we sign Sheehan rather than a striker.

Yet a rumour has emerged via the grape vine that Aileen Trew has speculated that a signing has been made, who is awaiting to be announced by the media team.

the grape vine is wrong. I never said any such thing.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  174

I've no idea where most of these rumours come from! I think they are designed to get people wound up about things that aren't happening. Norty

• Content Count:  741

3 hours ago, hissingdwarf said:

Not sure Sheenan adds as much to the team now as most think he does. If left back is vacant then fair enough, but as a centre back?  Good cover and better than the choices at the beginning of the season, but now the window is open, surely the scouting has found more suitable options for centre back to partner Bennett.

I think Fullarton will play Bennett as a midfielder for a little while longer.

22 minutes ago, Wilfordpie said:

I think Fullarton will play Bennett as a midfielder for a little while longer.

Admittedly I was abit shocked last week when he did but this could work well in away games, I'm not afraid to admit I used to follow Man United very closely in the past and Phil Jones played the same sort of role in the champions league, man marking players like Ronaldo, yes Phil jones is worse than Scott Bennett but I think this could work well in terms of breaking down opposition attacks

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,772
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Wilford and Stanley...I hope you are not confusing the need for a defensive set up for away games to what we need as a more offensive approach when at home.

Sheehan ain't signing with us because it would of happened by now that's why Adams has been called back to fill in left back.

Maybe now Milsom could go into the middle with Curtis noble aborah take you're pick but me personally I like energy in the middle Curtis gives that and so would Milsom.

were as at home I think we can't play defensive we should be more offensive as we have been and getting goals just need to be more organised at home etc.

away from home yea be more negative in terms of more defensive Nick it on the break at home no put you're foot down and take charge 

2 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

Wilford and Stanley...I hope you are not confusing the need for a defensive set up for away games to what we need as a more offensive approach when at home.

Not at all, my way of thinking was that Bennett would only play central midfield in away games where as you say we need to be more defensive, at home I think we should keep the back 4 the same but have a free-flowing attack

1 hour ago, 1862 said:

Sheehan ain't signing with us because it would of happened by now that's why Adams has been called back to fill in left back.

Maybe now Milsom could go into the middle with Curtis noble aborah take you're pick but me personally I like energy in the middle Curtis gives that and so would Milsom.

were as at home I think we can't play defensive we should be more offensive as we have been and getting goals just need to be more organised at home etc.

away from home yea be more negative in terms of more defensive Nick it on the break at home no put you're foot down and take charge 

I would hope that Sheehan would still be coming but JF wants to give Adams a chance, admittedly Sheehan didn't help the defence that much but he is experienced and class at left back

I'm positive I read on the Bradford argus we was suppose to sign him last week but we ain't signing him now and he has other league two offers.

i don't think we will be signing him that's why Adams has came back maybe to either A cover for Milsom or B move Milsom in the centre of the park no idea how this will pan out 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

15 hours ago, AmericanPie said:

Nah, did you get this off Twitter? It doesn't come from the horses mouth directly, take it with a pinch of salt.

Grape vines are only good for wine, not rumours.

Archived