Club looked sellable today

ivansneck

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

I thought the club looked like a worthwhile purchase today for the first time in 2016. Decent crowd, good atmosphere, passion from the players, I hope someone with money was watching!

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,460
  • Days Won:  15

But does Ray really want to sell????

Yes it takes time and I am sure he feels his time as the chairman could have been better. I just want to see it happening now.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,507
  • Days Won:  9

No self-esteem, no confidence.

Its hard to see how any one other than a fan would purchase the club.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  322
  • Days Won:  7
  • 𝕏:  twitter @TheCalFoster

I thought we played well and was unlucky not to take the win against a very well lined up team.. Would of had all 3 points if it wasn't for a great save from Wycombe's number 1.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I don't think it will ever be as easy to sell a club that isn't doing well, sadly in football teams tend to only become 'for sale' when things aren't working. The major problem we have is the fact we have a dwindling supporters base, along with the current situation we are in - relegation may have been eased by a draw but to someone on the outside, this could always be next season.

Why would someone be willing to invest money into a club where the recent years hasn't been kind?

As I mentioned above, clubs that do well commonly don't get placed for sale and when teams do, like United/Liverpool/Chelsea/Man City it's all been when they haven't performed to the satisfactory of the owners at the time. I could throw Newcastle into the mix!

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,463
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

There is plenty of potential in Notts and that's what a buyer would be investing in. There's a solid base to build on.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

Uncle Col reported today that he can't find out anything regarding the potential sale. Apparently he has rung Ray a dozen times and left answerphone messages, but he isn't getting a response.

So it looks like we are playing a wait and see game, let's just hope for some positive news this week.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I hope the Trews do sell up myself. We do now seem to have a capable manager which will hopefully interest more people wanting to buy the club. Hopefully if this manager does well we can extend his contract. The Trews arn't really as interested in the club as they used to be so it would be best to sell.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,900
  • Days Won:  162

i think we have fewer things than people think in our favour.

we have a decent ground
the title of the oldest league team

not much else.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,766
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@liampie yes, decent ground on a reasonably low rent, oldest professional club in the world, ..but fan base needs expanding and there has to be "hope" in a positive sense

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

who are we going to sell to the invisible Danish billionaire who's vanished the Americans who apparently signed a pre agreement deal or the  people from China?

I hate to say this but I will and before anyone cries it's my opinion and thoughts so bare that in mind.

I belive none of the above egxist and the only buyer is Mr Hardy and he isn't paying what trew wants so trew is trying every tactic possible to make him pay up but hardy isn't havin it.

Cat and mouse chase all over in fact I'd go as far to say next year trews will still be in charge and Ray will pay the winding up order of the 84,500 I belive it is.

But if I was them I wouldn't stay if they sell cause the relationship between most fans has bein burnt and can't be repaired in my view but that's my take on it cat and mouse hardy only real serious buyer in my eyes but maybe Ray is doing it all on the quiet who knows 

@Modern Fan 1862 👍 Very harsh.... The lessons from Munto, it is the financial commitments made that maybe not necessarily first apparent, that can take time during takeover discussions. The Americans are real..but one thing is apparent, there isnt a queue that some supporters always seem to think. The only facts we know are Hardy's bid and a signed NDA with some Americans. We just have to wait to see what transpires

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

If I were buying the club (unfortunately my bid of pocket fluff was rejected), I wouldn't allow myself to be influenced by the current form of the team. A buyer is in it for the long term, and in a few years the manager and all the players will be different anyway. Like someone else pointed out, I'd be looking at the potential of the club and the amount of investment needed.

This is where we hit a problem. People talk about the fantastic potential the club holds. But is this actually true? The team I watch in Germany has potential, when they do well their crowds triple. When Notts do well, our crowds increase by 500 or maybe 1000. Looking forward, we would already have to punch above our weight to win promotion to the Championship, and really the very best we can realistically hope for is clinging on in the Championship for dear life. For any more we'd have to compete with F*rest on and off the pitch, something we haven't really managed since the war, and that would take huge investment and sustained success. So our club isn't attractive at all to anyone who wants a return on their cash.

So really we're looking for someone who wants a hobby (like the Trews), sees the club as a labour of love (Hardy) or maybe wants to use the club to raise their own profile (possibly Hardy also).

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  174
  • Days Won:  2

You're absolutely right in that potential buyers wouldn't be overly concerned about current form - if they have a realistic vision, the mechanism to fulfil it and the money.

But it was never a hobby for us, or a plaything. 

5 minutes ago, erindoors said:

You're absolutely right in that potential buyers wouldn't be overly concerned about current form - if they have a realistic vision, the mechanism to fulfil it and the money.

But it was never a hobby for us, or a plaything. 

I don't think anyone on here ever thought it was/is. Any guesses as to when the whole process might be finished? I understand about NDA's but the silence breeds rumour and conjecture which helps nobody.

1 minute ago, Piethagoram said:

@ivansneck ..much prefer "Saleable" to sellable

I knew 'sellable' was wrong, but had one of those ever-more-frequent moments when I couldn't think of the right word!!

I'll say senility before my son @Blackville can beat me to it...

2 minutes ago, ivansneck said:

I don't think anyone on here ever thought it was/is. Any guesses as to when the whole process might be finished? I understand about NDA's but the silence breeds rumour and conjecture which helps nobody.

I was referring to dangerous sausage's post.

No news as yet, talks still ongoing. There will always be rumour and conjecture but these things remain private for good reason. Understand that can be frustrating but it's normal and necessary.

In similar vein, and following public discussion about what's been said on the radio (I never heard it) I've seen Uncle Col and he never mentioned proceedings to me at all. Ray is very busy, sometimes abroad, in talks and will be non contactable during those times. It's no snub.

11 minutes ago, erindoors said:

I was referring to dangerous sausage's post.

No news as yet, talks still ongoing. There will always be rumour and conjecture but these things remain private for good reason. Understand that can be frustrating but it's normal and necessary.

In similar vein, and following public discussion about what's been said on the radio (I never heard it) I've seen Uncle Col and he never mentioned proceedings to me at all. Ray is very busy, sometimes abroad, in talks and will be non contactable during those times. It's no snub.

Thanks for the update.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

It wasn't meant in a derogatory way @erindoors, was just talking about motivations for buying the club. Neither of the three I mentioned are necessarily a bad thing. And there's nowt wrong with enjoying yourself!

52 minutes ago, DangerousSausage said:

It wasn't meant in a derogatory way @erindoors, was just talking about motivations for buying the club. Neither of the three I mentioned are necessarily a bad thing. And there's nowt wrong with enjoying yourself!

haha! didn't take it that way. No, there's nothing wrong with any of those reasons, but they can all be fraught with problems if any are the entire reason for buying.

And I've always enjoyed Notts and will continue to do so in the future. Good job, too!

23 hours ago, cheeky~k8 said:

I hope the Trews do sell up myself. We do now seem to have a capable manager which will hopefully interest more people wanting to buy the club. Hopefully if this manager does well we can extend his contract. The Trews arn't really as interested in the club as they used to be so it would be best to sell.

hmm. Yes, we are!Thanks 

hot off the wire ..   @tarquinbeech goes to see Mexico's notorious "El Chapo" to see if he is willing to bid. However the deal founders as he has to wait for a new tunnel to be dug from the Altiplano to Meadow Lane... but that should be completed even before the FL eventually sign off of a Fit and Proper Person test :D 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

2 hours ago, DangerousSausage said:

Motivations and what attracts interest can be two different things.

The club will always be attractive, it depends on the market and how things are - people buy when the time is right, so waiting a little longer may be best for all but I do hope to see more news filtering out within the next few weeks. I know there's a limit to what can and can't be said, however little bits of news would be welcomed by the vast amount of supporters.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,900
  • Days Won:  162

3 hours ago, erindoors said:

what do you think about the way colin put his comments across on match talk? he made it sound very much like ray is ignoring him.

i am sure ray is busy, thanks for posting the above.

Archived