Away Games (Colours)

samwatto2008

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

Genuine question as I have not done many away games but keen to do more. I like wearing my colours and jerseys to away games but I am aware some places can be a bit rough and violent come the full time whistle. Has anyone had any previous bad experiences at any grounds or would not recommend going coloured up to certain games? 

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, samwatto2008 said:

Genuine question as I have not done many away games but keen to do more. I like wearing my colours and jerseys to away games but I am aware some places can be a bit rough and violent come the full time whistle. Has anyone had any previous bad experiences at any grounds or would not recommend going coloured up to certain games? 

I’ve done a few away games not with Notts sadly .. but I would advise you to treat them all the same maybe take a jacket for after the game and don’t go on your own cause each ground is different.

• Content Count:  149
  • Days Won:  0

If you go on a coach you will be fine.

If by train then stay in a group and cover up until closer to our own fans. Away games can be good fun but don't get singled out by a few idiots.

• Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

4 minutes ago, SouthwestPIE said:

If you go on a coach you will be fine.

If by train then stay in a group and cover up until closer to our own fans. Away games can be good fun but don't get singled out by a few idiots.

My advice take @SouthwestPIE advice it’s better than mine 👍🏻👍🏻😂

• Content Count:  3,524

Don't go on a train by yourself, you would be surprised by the amount of nutters from different clubs use them. It just takes one to kick off and you don't have to be a football fan for this to happen.

I would recommend going by one of the coaches.

• Content Count:  142

If your new just go by coach.

You will be fine then to wear whatever you would like.

• Content Count:  235

Just be careful, use common sense and you will be fine however you choose to go to games.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I've always worn something identifiable as a Notts to away games, I've only had issues going to Meadow Lane. Seriously, I've found most away fans to be friendly but I suppose it depends on the person.

Things happen differently to others.

I would suggest sticking with fans as much as possible rather than walking alone, try to avoid standing out in local derbies and the rest you won't have issues with. At least I suspect you wouldn't, just keep yourself to yourself unless an opposition fan seems friendly. Politeness helps there, although banter can be fun. 😛  

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

Best thing to do for your first game is 1, go by the official coach & 2, most importantly choose an away game where they will be no trouble at all.

That way you can see for yourself the change in atmosphere.

Cambridge away would be a good one to start with.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

go on what coach you prefer, the official one is as dead as a dodo and when i go to away games this season i will choose the one and only one with atmosphere.

official coach is like the pavis stand 😴

supporters club is like the kop

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Do you know a fan that drives to games @samwatto2008? This can make it easier, then after awhile you can look into going to games by yourself if needs be,

• Content Count:  922

Cheers people for your advise, deffo taken it all on board. I've done a few away game but heard bad things about Grimsby and Port Vale both of which interest me this year.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Port Vale is a dump, it always has been and always will be.

Grimsby is fine, lovely fish and chips. Things like that don't change, just stay with fans and avoid local places where their fans would meet. If you keep in numbers you will be fine.

Archived