Ross Fitzsimons

samwatto2008

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

So he has come under speculation a lot in the past few weeks especially by me. Ok he has a poor defence in front of him but in my opinion he was the reason we lost against FGR. So I thought I would just do a bit of research and show why he is in no way shape or form fit to be a Number 1 in a League Two side.

Total Games in Non League: 71

Total Games in National League: 1 

Total Games in Football League: 23

In all league appearances for Notts County (23) Ross has conceded 35 goals and receiving 1 red card.

In my opinion this is absolutely shocking and how on earth he deserves a number 1 shirt with our club after having no National League experience and his only league experience with us is a joke. Comment your thoughts down below.

Sources:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ross-fitzsimons/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/211076

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

How many goals has he conceded in his whole career @samwatto2008? I don't think he will retain the number one shirt.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

With that defence though, it's hard for a keeper to get any sort of form last season he was our key number 1 following collins blunders. But admittedly his lack of confidence is showing through the lack of control in his area and ability to save shots 

23 minutes ago, CliftonMagpie said:

How many goals has he conceded in his whole career @samwatto2008? I don't think he will retain the number one shirt.

Not sure as my sources only count the football league and any U21 football he played. Doesn't count anything below National League.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,808
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

There were absolutely no questions levelled against him on ability last season until his moment of madness. He has had no defence this season, witness the 3 free headers by FGR before they even scored. I agree his confidence is shot but this character assassination on here  is uncalled for.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  2

I feel his confidence is shot and he don't appear to be what Notts need in goal. I have read comments on here about Collin making the difference and I would be inclined to agree, its easy to do someone elses job when they have everything setup for you but doing it from scratch is different.

The character assassination is a bit uncalled for, people just give their opinions.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

6 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

I agree his confidence is shot but this character assassination on here  is uncalled for.

With all respect to you @Piethagoram, I think you share some great points and topics but the same could be said about how you mentioned Adam Collin on here. He was clearly the better keeper, he help a poor squad make the playoffs. Ross Fitzsimons has the same defence and more quality, the problem for me is his positioning and decision making.

He lacks all the basic things you need right now, he barely communicates to anyone.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

@samwatto2008 nice one buddy I’ve always wondered where he played before and who for. I can’t see him retaining the number 1 jersey I really can’t .. he needs more exspirence for me .

@TheSkipperPoint taken but you are not addressing the real problem of lack of marking and the free headers this season.  I doubt Collin would have done any better, as he never came for crosses... The point I ma making is, that no matter who the keeper, its the defence that is failing not necessarily the keeper..but we are all entitled to opinions

16 minutes ago, Magic magpie said:

@samwatto2008 nice one buddy I’ve always wondered where he played before and who for. I can’t see him retaining the number 1 jersey I really can’t .. he needs more exspirence for me .

He played in the National League for Braintree Town for 1 app. Then he played a full season with Chelmsford in NL South. So what attracted us to him I have no idea.

27 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

. I agree his confidence is shot but this character assassination on here  is uncalled for.

I have said my opinion and backed it up with facts. I'm afraid stats don't lie. I've said the defence is awful but Fitz is apart of that defence. His job role is literally to stop the ball going in the back of the net so he is a part of the defensive structure. Before last season he had no experience what so ever. It annoys me as there was hundreds of keepers that we could have loaned in this season if budget was tight but we decided to risk it all on about 3/4 players. No offence to the lads but the money used to pay for Patching and Crawford could have been used better to bolster the defence. 

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

6 minutes ago, samwatto2008 said:

He played in the National League for Braintree Town for 1 app. Then he played a full season with Chelmsford in NL South. So what attracted us to him I have no idea.

I’ve got to agree mate there’s nothing there that would attract a team like Notts someone saw something though.

@samwatto2008If you want FACTS, Collin had marginally better goals conceded at Notts , a margin of around 0.2% i.e. hardly any difference. This season Ross has been exposed by a defence not doing its job, no cutting out of crosses, giving free headers and not tracking players...end of

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

@Piethagoram I just don't think he will improve enough, yes the defence is at fault too but I do believe they can.

6 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

@samwatto2008If you want FACTS, Collin had marginally better goals conceded at Notts , a margin of around 0.2% i.e. hardly any difference. This season Ross has been exposed by a defence not doing its job, no cutting out of crosses, giving free headers and not tracking players...end of

I am not talking about Collin though? I've agreed with you, the defence has a part to play but like I've said Fitz is apart of that defence. Anyway we are stuck with him now so what will be will be.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

i think collin did a good job with a similar issue to what we see, people forget we almost got relegated with virtually the same defence that was competing for promotion last season. i think the pressure has gotten to fitzsimons and his performances have dropped as a result, i dont think anyone is personally attacking him either on here but if he was to improve i am sure people would support him.

people never did the same with collin, well some.

Just compare.. Last season our defence was OK yet collin conceded blunders, this year we have a shoddy defence and Fitz let's in blunders. How many would collin have conceded?

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,140
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, samwatto2008 said:

I have said my opinion and backed it up with facts. I'm afraid stats don't lie. I've said the defence is awful but Fitz is apart of that defence. His job role is literally to stop the ball going in the back of the net so he is a part of the defensive structure. Before last season he had no experience what so ever. It annoys me as there was hundreds of keepers that we could have loaned in this season if budget was tight but we decided to risk it all on about 3/4 players. No offence to the lads but the money used to pay for Patching and Crawford could have been used better to bolster the defence. 

Any other club would have their keeper under scrutiny, I guess some don't remember the moaning about the goals Roy Carroll conceded either.

Ross Fitzsimons needs competition, he's a backup keeper at the moment. 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I think it all boils down to opinions.

There's some good points raised, I think we all are aware that the defence is a problem but at the same time Ross Fitzsimons has gone completely within himself. I have no confidence that he can prevent goals, catch a ball or position himself wisely. I want him to do well, I hoped he would - so there's no character assassination going in my opinion (it does seem a little strongly worded).

Yet I know what is meant by it.

The only way I can see the defence improving is if they have a stronger keeper at the back, likewise Fitzsimons won't improve until the defence/midfield take more responsibility but from a football prospect it's easier to get a keeper to command his area and alert other players to the danger. Perhaps Ross struggles to read the game? I don't know but after seeing him jump for the ball early on last Saturday, only to almost touch it for a corner (a very simple catch). I just feel he's got to be replaced.

With a solid defence after a few games, he could prove his worth and regain form and confidence. That's all he needs. 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,065
  • Days Won:  54

I'm a big supporter of Fitzsimons but even I'll admit this season he's regressed. I can't imagine it's helping as there’s no competition for the GK shirt, Fitzsimons was effectively told he was the new Number 1 in the summer and his current understudy is a youth team player. Where is Pindroch? Actually who is Pindroch? Is he real or just a figment of all our imaginations? Hopefully Kewell will bring in another keeper, get some competition for the spot back and maybe we'll see the Fitzsimons we saw last season...

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

@menzinho Harry Kewell covered this sort of in his interview.

He spoke about competition and I he realises that keepers position has known, I hope the young lad Max gets a chance but right now even Pindroch is no use to us. I hope Harry goes out and gets us another keeper in.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392

I don't see all the things he does but I would say both are failing @Piethagoram.

On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 13:44, Piethagoram said:

@TheSkipperPoint taken but you are not addressing the real problem of lack of marking and the free headers this season.  I doubt Collin would have done any better, as he never came for crosses... The point I ma making is, that no matter who the keeper, its the defence that is failing not necessarily the keeper..but we are all entitled to opinions

I think Fitzsimons needs pressure from knowing a mistake will cost him his starting position, at the moment he does and there is little motivation for him to improve by himself either. I worry that he might make this a full on relegation battle if he don't improve, as even if the defence does with him in goal currently it seems a risky move to rely on him.

Archived