Match Discussion: Game 9 - The Cobblers (A)

PON_News

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

Looking for a continued improvement from last week against Stevenage in today’s match against Northampton, another full week training so hope more has been done in shape for when we haven’t got possession, attacking wise I feel confident we’ll get chances so for me COYP get us a win 2-1 to the pies 🙂👍👍

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

i am listening on my dab radio, i really hope david jackson is doing the commentary and that john thompson is not on. i dont mind charlie but i prefer david.

i think northampton will be looking at our weaknesses and thinking they have won before its begun.

we have to make sure that if they do underestimate us that we take the game to them and just push for a goal as best we can. i think if we could learn to take the lead by two goals i think it would breed confidence.

1-0 notts win and jon stead to score.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

It'd be great to get that first win, I really hope we can do it and start to move forward, it's all about confidence and a win would certainly go a long way to improve the confidence.

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I am happy with the squad selected by Harry, I think we will see how much Brisley helps or hinders the team.

What does everyone else think?

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,284
  • Days Won:  80

Here are the Pride of Nottingham previews folks, have a read before the 3pm kick as Notts take on Northampton Town.

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

We’ve kept a clean sheet for 45 minutes.:clapping::happybanana:

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

That's the most promising sign about the game, I hope they come out more determined to get that needed goal and then we can shut up the shop.

• Content Count:  1,099
  • Days Won:  2

Notts needs to get the balance betwen attacking and defending, it's very, very cold here.

It could go either way with how both teams are playing but I feel Northampton have been a little better, they have gotten on top of the game at times and created good chances. I am happy because I am seeing plenty of fight.

come on notts, get the goal and stop letting them cause issues at the back.

kewell should make a change up top.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  908
  • Days Won:  3

Not the best performance, yes it ended goalless but finally some fight from the squad and Fitzsimons. I hope nobody is quite to say he isn't a worry or a problem however because he had moments.

Good draw.

• Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

Another building block so to speak , a point on the road , a clean sheet , worked hard , steady improvement, let’s keep it going and get 3 points next time out COYP 

The Pride of Nottingham Man Report is now live folks.

Have a read and leave your thoughts on the game inside this discussion, thank you.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

I feel Harry Kewell is right, a win doesn't seem that far away but they need to keep the focus set on the goals rather than the performance.

Ross Fitzsimons did very well, I praise him and hope that he continues. I feel the defence protected him very well, Jamie Turley looks to be a great centre back for this league. He takes no nonsense and does all the right things. I'm just delighted to see the progress, so its a good point.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I am more than happy with the direction of the club, it seems the defence and Ross Fitzsimons are making head way. I am happy that Ross did well yesterday, I'll give credit when it's due and I'm not afraid of that.

It sounded like Notts may have been a little too defensive but this will come with time.

The positives are there, the draw is a good one and I am pleased that the travelling fans (I wished I could have been there) had some sort of reward. It's time to look up and get behind the squad I think.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I was happy with the squad selection, I have no criticism of the players and I felt they put in a very good performance. I can see the manager and team building on this, surely the first league win won't be far away now?

I agree that the focus needs to be kept along with discipline.

Great draw!

a draw may turn into a win, its just pleasing to see notts make the most of games and to fight.

a clean sheet/not conceding right now feels better than a win because it shows the progress. i think when they do get the first win the positives will flow and that they will do well from there. its a solid point.

• Content Count:  1,910
  • Days Won:  5

As far as the game goes, we might not have created the better chances but Notts still played well. Defensively I felt it looked like a completely different team and it seems to have restored Fitzsimons confidence.

When your bottom of the league, its hard to appreciate a draw especially when it lifts you from that position.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

I am confused as in all the match reports there is a 0 where a 3 would usually be (in this case next to "Northampton Town"). Surely this is an error. Come to think of it I didn't see any goals either, but I did go to the toilet at one stage, which is when most goals tend to happen.

Seriously, it was a pretty ugly match between two teams sorely lacking in confidence, but it was great to see us looking compact and hard to beat again. Ward, Turley and Milsom seem to have plugged the gaping goal we used to have in the middle. We made little impression going forward, but yesterday we had other priorities. A definite sign of progress, now we're ready for our first win! :D

• Haha 1

• Content Count:  1,099
  • Days Won:  2

It was very cold there, I think Notts never really attacked like a team that would score but defensively they was perfect. A few key moments where luck struck for Notts for a change, Matt Tootle nearly scored an own goal but Ross Fitzsimons looked in the zone warming up.

I think the fans who keep trying to encourage played some part too.

I'd do it all again to see the point, that's how good it was. It felt like we win even though we hadn't.

Here's the final run down of the match day content provided by PON.

Please do leave your thoughts on any of these peices and the match discussion below. The live status will expire by 9pm but you can still have your say at any point beyond this, You Pies!

• Content Count:  138
  • Days Won:  0

It feels like that corner has turned which will allow the club to go on a straight path from here, the draw is a good result. Anyway you look at it the positives are there, so I feel the squad has done well and deserve the praise handed out.

I just hope Fitzsimons keeps it up.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,356
  • Days Won:  1

Notts played better than they did against Exeter and the game could have gone either way.

I felt proud of how the squad performed, we could have scored or conceded as I say but the focus from Notts was to perform as a team. I think that is part of the difference and things should only improve here on out. It's a good draw.

• Content Count:  884
  • Days Won:  1

Yes, I agree it's a good draw and Notts could have won but at the same time Northampton had their chances.

Crewe will be a good test of the squad now.