how likely do you feel notts could go down?

liampie

I'm worried, I think we need to find the right manager and then come together as a fresh start.

The players can avoid the bottom half but I have no faith in Steve Chettle and I am worried that someone inexperienced will come in. We need a proper man manager and someone who can lift the players after telling them exactly what they have done wrong.

I’m sorry I don’t think we will be going down no way .. this is a strong club and Alan has already said this appointment will be thought out ... I’m going to trust Hardy on the next manager will save us .. the oldest league team is what we have Whst we have earned nothing will take that away .... we are the magpies and I believe we are not going out the league..

On 21/11/2018 at 20:44, TheSkipper said:

We have been here before many times and it looked worse before Alan Hardy arrived, when the bills wasn't being paid on time and the club looked bleak I worried a lot. I think this is mostly footballing issues which could be corrected by the next manager appointment.

I hope at the very least.

Yes i agree, the issues are mainly football ones not anything behind the scenes.

Even when it's been bad before, we have survived. 2005-06. 2 goals in last five minutes (even though other results were going our way). 07-08. 16-17 when it looked awful but we pulled away with ease in the end. Ardley seems like the right man for the job and to sort out the defence. In his time at Wimbledon, he never conceded over than 60 goals in a season. I don't think we will have any problem scoring goals. Stead and Hemmings put in a shift, with the latter always getting in good positions. Dennis looks like he's hitting a bit of form. I think we just may need a target man to give us another option up top. Need two centre mids and cover at RB or LB. 

Notts has to defend much better, this is the most concerning thing because they could do everything right and still make it harder for themselves by conceding soft or sloppy goals. This highlights the teams who are in danger of relegation.

I do admit I am worried.

• Chris featured this topic

Ask me again after the January transfer window closes.At the moment I'm concerned but not overly worried.

Personally I think we have time /games to put a good fight in and avoid the drop , the thing that’s given me a measure of confidence is that we now have a proper manager with experience and I think he’ll turn the tide over time with much hard work , it’s going to be a testing time but I feel more confident now , liked his message to the fans as well coyp and come on NA , we are staying up we are staying up 

Hate to say it, but I would say we are more likely to go down than stay up at this moment in time. When you can't see where the next win is coming from, then it is worrying times, especially with their complete inability to hold onto a lead, how many points have we thrown away?

Looking forward to seeing how Ardley makes this silk purse as the vital pieces of the midfield jigsaw are totally missing.

Archived