Transfers in January

ARLukomski

So Alan Hardy said on the radio today that we have 38 professionals on the books. I counted 34 earlier

GK - Fitzsimons, Pindroch, Culverwell

RB - Tootle, Ox

CB - Ward, Turley, Bird, Hall, Davies, Duffy, Brisley

LB - Jones, Evina, Dunn, Kennedy-Williams

CM - Vaughan, Hewitt, Milsom, Husin, Patching, Crawford, Howes

W - Boldewijn, Thomas, Kellett, Osborne, Alessandra, Hawkridge

ST - Stead, Dennis, Hemmings, Etete, Campbell

Who would you get rid of as it seems we have far too many players at the moment?

I think one or two changes be made and for the odd player to come in, I'm not expecting a massive overhaul and the large squad needs to be avoided in the future. Leave the youngsters as players who can fill in (unless any are ready for first team football).

I think many like Declan Dunn should be loaned out.

I guess much of it will come down to how Ardley wants to play and then seeing which players fit into his system which by all accounts is a 4-4-2.

It's been another poor summer in terms of recruitment and how we've now ended up with 8 players that can play at centre-back is just insane, surely that will be dealt with.

It's ashame it hasn't worked out for Vaughan so far and if he isn't going to be used I'd imagine he's on a good wage so I'd look to let him go. I'm surprised Crawford hasn't had any game time either given his age and how he could hack it in non-league which is just as physical as league 2. And I'm not entirely sure Husin will ever become a suitable CM to play in 2 in this league...

I don't know where Kellet fits into the team, is he a number 10, central midfielder or a wide player?

Evina looks as bad as Jones defensively, if we were able to find a replacement I'd let them both go.

I think all the young players should have a year and a chance to prove themselves, I think as some of you have mentioned loaning them out would be a good idea to get them game time.

As for the loanees, (Hall aside unless his injury is long-term) if we're paying a large portion of their wages they can all go back as they've not added much to the squad at all.

We need cover in every position. With the youngsters that we have brought in for future development, so  22 + 8 youngsters = 30 it would be foolHardy (no pun intended) to trim the squad down too much.

its the high earners that are the problem. Duffy, Vaughan & maybe Brisley are surplus in my view.

20 hours ago, ARLukomski said:

So Alan Hardy said on the radio today that we have 38 professionals on the books. I counted 34 earlier

GK - Fitzsimons, Pindroch, Culverwell

RB - Tootle, Ox

CB - Ward, Turley, Bird, Hall, Davies, Duffy, Brisley

LB - Jones, Evina, Dunn, Kennedy-Williams

CM - Vaughan, Hewitt, Milsom, Husin, Patching, Crawford, Howes

W - Boldewijn, Thomas, Kellett, Osborne, Alessandra, Hawkridge

ST - Stead, Dennis, Hemmings, Etete, Campbell

Who would you get rid of as it seems we have far too many players at the moment?

Problem is Dec they're all under contract so there is literally no point in letting them go because that would mean paying their contracts off for 6 months. However for me at the end of the season my definite OUT list would be Duffy, Hewitt, Brisley and possibly Alessandra. 

Archived