are we do a mediocre season?

liampie

are we do a mediocre season?

i think with all that is going on and has happened since the clubs relegation from the football league, we are doing somewhat better than i thought. i feared that we would be nearer the foot of the league and for things to be like what is happening at chesterfield. it makes you wonder tho, as the majority of the vocal complaints come from the same mindless drones who always believe themselves to be the one who is right. it makes you wonder how they would get on supporting a team worse off.

i do get that some will want notts to be improving but it takes time, i would take a season where we have some good wins and the rest is grinding out results and draws. it dont seem that bad considering how poor notts was last season.

We have started off like most teams do who sign a whole new squad, I think it was important to clear the deadwood in the summer and rebuilt the team. The whole look of Notts is different, players are working together quite well and the performances have differed but I can accept some of this down to the standard of football. I would take a season to see Notts get things right in the future, at the cost of being average for this season. Its a big adjustment if some don't realise it.

If you look at the whole picture, Notts aren't doing much wrong and those things that could be better. Given chance should improve, I think the football at times has been much better than it has been for years.

I would accept a mediocre season if it came at the price of actual stability for the 

I think if Notts went on to win the next five games having performed well and climbed the league, some will still not be happy. I am thankful that the takeover happened and that we still have a club. I'm understanding, I know that rebuilding will take time and I just hope Neal Ardley finds enough time to fix the issues.

I would rather see Notts in the position of lets say, Derby County who have a squad used to each other and that makes it easier for the manager to get things right.

We're clear of the bottom four and by all accounts have some hard-working players who are being moulded into a team, so it's not too bad on balance. I'd prefer to see a couple of those draws turned into wins, but it wasn't long ago that we had no players and were staring down the barrel of a 12-point deduction.

I just want us to look like a good, solid team again. Once we've done that we can strengthen in the areas we're still lacking in over the summer and have a proper tilt at promotion. But I think if we're sitting where Chesterfield are a year from now it'll be time for a plan B...

Imagine if we had been given a 12-point deduction? This self destruction and petty pity would be toxic.

Notts County needs to unwind, we have to start doing things properly. Learn to walk before we run, yet I think the signs are promising. I just wished Neal Ardley didn't fuel the fire or make silly decisions, as tactically I think this is his biggest flaw, but back to my original point - this constant moaning about the manager not being good enough only breeds negativity and destruction.

You know, I get why some fans are vocal, but really, when it goes beyond saying to borderline obsession it starts to look quite baffling.

I think a mediocre season would reset things properly.

It won't happen though, we'll either find out way into the playoffs and stumble at some point or the worst we flirt with the bottom 4 (which seems unlikely to me). I can see us tracking the playoffs and missing out, I wouldn't be disappointed. Anywhere above the relegation zone is fine by me.

Think a slow season where the foundations are put in place would be worthwhile, remove the pressure and expectation. The squad Neal Ardley has built seems like a good squad that could get results, next season I think the recruitment would be easier with some of these establishing themselves as regular starters. This has been more than long due, it should have happened when the club got relegated to League 

This season is all over the place, a few games back we was only 5 points of the bottom and now we are back in the running for promotion. I think it will continue to be a rollercoaster, it just has that feel about it.

I say this, but I don't mind finishing anywhere but in the bottom half.

Promotion would be nice for the club mind, it could build something special moving forward. 

It looked at a time like Notts was going to be just plain average this season, but things are picking up. I think if the current form continues up to Christmas, fans will have every right to be excited because the club should be fighting for promotion.

I just think some need to be mindful it does happen, and we stumble that we accept it and move on.

Getting behind the club now is very important.

Archived