Labours next leader?

CliftonMagpie

I'm going to resist the temptation to get too deep in politics here. I've been having discussions every day and they were exhausting even for a politico like me.

But there are two likely candidates. Keir Starmer has an angular head, which is fun. His pitch to party members was also very appealing. Then there's a D. Sausage of Darmstadt, who is pledging automatic promotion for Notts County and free pies for Notts fans at every match (to be financed by a windfall tax on F*rest fans). Who will win the race?

Spoiler

VOTE SAUSAGE!

• 1 month later...

As some who know me...politics is Sort of my field.

The leadership battle for Labour is an interesting one for two reasons. 
Which way will the members jump? Will they stay left and go for Becky Long Bailey or will they go more to the internal right with Nandy or Starmer.

Its also interesting as this is a chance to actually think outside the Westminster bubble. The comments above show Labour hasn’t considered the minority of one recently. Less said about the GE result the better. Hopefully this opportunity will let Labour unite and start to represent everyone again.

Archived