Notts County's CEO update

cheeky~k8

Notts County CEO Jason Turner discusses the postponed game against AFC Flyde, the two new scoreboards, Puma, the signing of Kyle Wootton, the clubs heritage and the 8 game ticket bundle ticket offer for fans without season tickets.

Here is the full article https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2020/january/ceo-update-150119/?fbclid=IwAR1uhnLepZSVki2Y6wkPEhIgbwHPn425qrcr1IgTyg0q4wA6OkD7yT035nU

The club is nothing without supporters, keeping us out of the loop is not on. Alan Hardy brought the club to its knees even if he hadn't, he should have still provided us the information needed.

I agree, it's nice to read the CEO's thoughts.

This is how it should be - good, professional communication with the fans.

There's some good news in there too. I'm curious whether the second scoreboard will really be attached to the roof of the Kop - I thought it might be easier in the Kop/Sirrel stand corner where the embankment is. I respectfully disagree about the fantastic quality of the Puma shirts, but they do make smart kits (last season's home kit excepted).

The best bit is on Kyle Wootton.

It was certainly a huge weight off my shoulders when Kyle signed on the dotted line last week, bringing to an end a lengthy period of negotiations.

You always feel a little pressure when you’re trying to get a deal like this done – especially once the news reaches the public domain – but deep down we were always confident that Kyle felt this was the best place for him to further his career.

It was great to see such a huge wave of positivity after we announced the good news and we’re looking forward to seeing Kyle kick on now his long-term future is decided.

I’d like to express my gratitude to Scunthorpe United for their assistance throughout the process.

I would hope the clubs can appreciate how good bits of business like this, does generate a tone of positive hope.

I skimmed through what Jason wrote, it's a good insight, some of it already known but it's interesting to see the CEO's words. What would be nice is seeing the chairman write something every once in awhile! Wait, no. Scrap that. Leave it to the CEO.

I like how rosy things are with the owners for a change.

I used to enjoy themselves, they're more to inform fans about what the CEO has been doing. It's steady progress I think, the club is taking shape now and I happy to see the staff doing what they can.

It's been a rough time for us all, however, we've stuck together.

I hope to read more of these in the future.

I wished the club will release more as and when they're needed.

The statements shouldn't just be made, but provide updates to important matters. I also wish that they would set out an agenda in each one, allowing us to appreciate more about what staff do to improve things at Meadow Lane.

SLO updates would have been nice.

Honestly, I only feel the club put things out like this when they want fans to buy into something.

I would respect them a lot more if they remained open to fans when the tough times really do set in, I know some aspects would have been tied due to Alan Hardy but the entry above seems more designed to say "look what we have done, now go buy a half season ticket."

Archived