Notts County Vs Bristol City

Chris

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Two teams who would no doubt believe they'd have done better so far this season, Notts have some momentum and the home advantage (get behind them magpies!). Bristol City have the 'new' manager and have yet to really impress them, Steve's first game came in the F.A Cup against Tamworth and they wasn't all that impressive - 2-1 the result but anyone who watched the game would have seen very good chances fell to Tamworth who was somewhat lacking in the final third.

Back to back wins, I'm chuffed to be typing this! Can we make it a third win in a row?

Well, Bristol City are dangerous going forward and can boss the game. We on the other hand have the tools to counter them, the speed of Grealish, JCR and McGregor will cause them problems. Their defence is quite wobbly, so we can rock them further by making sure we send them home with what the UK usually scores in the Eurovision Song Contest! Nil -0.

Let us know your thoughts, it really matters! :D COYP!!

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

I do believe, We now have too much momentum going into this game for Bristol City to cause too many problems.

I can see another good scoreline coming, and a bumber crowd will be a nice Crimbo prezzy for Mr & Mrs Trew

Please for the love of God, sign Grealish and/or Macgregor till the end of the season

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Well I said previously that somebody would be on the end of a thumping, I think that was Colchester. I see us winning this... JUST.

Cotterril will have them fired up, as it is us.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,309
  • Days Won:  28

I'm hoping we go into the game as we have done the last few... we are starting to get back on track but need to keep at it. Good improvements are starting to show.

• Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

I am amongst those who will be delighted to see Cotterill back at the Lane - he was magnificent for us.

This is a great opportunity for us to confirm that our revival is in full flow. A third straight victory will help to convince some of the disillusioned fans that relegation is not a certainty anymore. That would be monumental progress. Credit to Derry - he us winning me over, that is for sure.

I believe we will triumph 7-0 in this game, they only have one real threat going forward and they just can't defend.

COYP

You know, Tamworth broke them down by having 'runners' go into awkward positions and their left and right back seemed to struggle the worst. Tamworth also put inviting crosses in, some unlucky that nobody made contact or Bristol's keeper saved. Bristol did look much better on the ball and much better going forward, though their defence was very iffy.

If we did similar to Tamworth in our attacks, which seem to be the popular choice. I can see us putting them under danger quite a bit! Now we just need to make sure Sheehan or somebody man marks Jet and have Liddle picking up the pressure from the middle of the park.

7-0 might be a stretch but there's no reason we can't score a few, just hope Deano does well again.

Either way, 2-1 - 3-0, 4-2... Aslong as the home team scores more than the away, it's all that counts. COYP!!

• Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  0

Hi folks, just signed up the other day. Getting pretty peed off at a few contributors 'elsewhere'!

Looking forward to this one. If we can get a win in this it will make a lot of people believe we can get out of the mire, if they don't already, which in itself will, like people have said, be a minor miracle.

Is Haber available for this? Would like to see us thinking about getting this lad in permanently.

I believe he's available now, Colchester should have been his last match to serve suspension.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

Welcome aboard @r0b_ncfc,

A lot better than that "Other site" (That's supposedly had an upgrade, to keep up with their advertiser's lol)

The turn around is in full swing and i can't see it stopping anytime soon

COYP

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Massive game this, and it's a third MUST win game in a row. 3 points would give us a bit of breathing space over the sides below us, and ofcourse three straight wins would do our confidence a world of good. Ofcourse, if other results go our way we could find ourselves out of the drop zone, and you can't underestimate how big a psychological boost that would be going into boxing day and beyond.

Will be an interesting Saturday for me. One of my mates who is a regular at Weymouth is also a Bristol City fan, so there might be a need for a stewart between us on Saturday ;)

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

This game is a real opportunity for us to go on a bit of a run, the players confidence should be sky high but I just hope that they won't be too complacent because Bristol City won't make it easy for us Cotterill will possibly be starting to put his stamp on the way they play. I think it will be a really hard game and I hope we come out on top but I am not going to make a prediction because I don't want to tempt fate.

• Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Hi folks, just signed up the other day. Getting pretty peed off at a few contributors 'elsewhere'!

Welcome Rob, you will find this place a lot better than the other one and at least one person on here is quite sensible. :angel:

Welcome Rob, you will find this place a lot better than the other one and at least one person on here is quite sensible. :angel:

Thanks for the kind compliment. :thumbsup:

I think Stevie's got a lot of hard work ahead of him, Bristol seem a very different team compared to us and they're raw - It seems the previous manager was trying to build around the pace the younger players inject but the skill seems to vary.

• Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Cheers mate, what can I say? Someone's got to bring a degree of sense to the table ;)

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

its about time we had some joy.

the cheap prices might attract people who have spent up with presents etc, so a good move by the club. i think bristol city will pack some surprises and we need to be patient when opening them up. think we will win narrowly but any win right now is something to just snap up.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,556
  • Days Won:  9

Notts need to keep this going, if we struggle on Saturday then we need to make sure we at least send them home with just one point. I think the games is in our favour, quite postive about that.

Predicting the score could go a number of ways.

I am hopeful of a similar score as to Gillingham, so I will say 3-1.

• Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  4

Dad seems to say we will always win, i think we might or might not. I liked the last game I went to, so I hope we can see another game like that. I will be there, my sister might be coming along to.

• Content Count:  486

This could be a watershed game. Another victory and we will have capitalised on the recent improved form and confidence. Taking that sort of momentum into the New Year could be vital.

Brizzle will be up for it, organised and disciplined under Cotterill, so it will be a tough task. Defeat and we will still be in the bottom 4 and the Vale match takes on a more critical value.

I still believe we are fortunate that there are several very poor sides around us, Crewe, Stevenage & Tranmere spring to mind. Not sure about Brizzle - Saturday will be the acid test of that.

I can certainly sniff a victory but a draw wouldn't be a disaster. 2 - 1 to Notts, maybe?

Come on you Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743

Let's keep the run going!

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

Let's both keep our runs going!A double away day last week-a double home day this week,please.

I'm feeling another 3-1 victory for Notts tomorrow!!! COYP!

Hopefully a video to follow also :thumbsup:

I'm hoping McGregor gets his Christmas wish by finding the net for his 12th goal. Glad to see you've joined us, hope you like PoN - @super_pie will be happy.

• Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

Really pleased with the way we battled today. Losing Liddle was a massive blow to us and unbelievable that no foul awarded and that their player stayed on the pitch!! Hope Calum Ball is ok as well. Awful referee until he evened it up with a late penalty for us. If only Enoch could have found his shooting boots and made himself a hero at the end. Keep it up Notts. #DerryChristmas

By far one of the best games I've seen this season, had we have lost I would still be thinking the same.

The referee was a little weird, I didn't get many of his decisions or how he would give easy free kicks for them but ignore obvious fouls. Bristol City are quite the physical team, though I honestly feel we played much better than them. Murray! I like this lad, he's a smart player and knows how to make runs.

Openly, I will admit I felt we wouldn't do much with him on his own and I had been hoping we'd introduce Enoch along side him. Brilliant play by the lads, they should be proud and happy after this performance. Let's keep digging and getting away from the drop zone, hope we get some points against Vale!

>http://youtu.be/OEocQY912r0

Archived