Joel Taylor Signs

Pie since 89

Looks to be a solid addition to the team, hopefully he settles in and does well. I'm looking forward to seeing him take on the opposition and wearing our colours, I wonder how the majority of Chesterfield fans feel.

I know one fan who has said he's good going forward and does work well in defending, likes to break away when he can!

5 minutes ago, Chris said:

Looks to be a solid addition to the team, hopefully he settles in and does well. I'm looking forward to seeing him take on the opposition and wearing our colours, I wonder how the majority of Chesterfield fans feel.

I know one fan who has said he's good going forward and does work well in defending, likes to break away when he can!

Sounds in a similar mould to Miller then if he prefers to be going forward rather than defending but that’s not to worry as we prefer to be going forward as a team.

Good signing imo. Bit strange that Miller has gone there hasn't he? and Taylor has come here. For cash as well. Obviously the management team saw a lot in him to put money on the table for him.

LWB and RWB are two vital areas. RWB still needed imo as neither DKE or RB are true wingers imo and i get the feeling that IB wants them as wingers rather than defenders.

4 hours ago, Feral Fox said:

Good signing imo. Bit strange that Miller has gone there hasn't he? and Taylor has come here. For cash as well.

Yep, both players sound very similar too so it’ll be interesting to see who gets the better deal!

There’s a short vid on YouTube from when he won the U21 player of the season award at Stoke a few years ago. He obviously had something about him, maybe just never got the chance. Hopefully he can kick on with us.

Taylor seems to be the better option when comparing him to Miller, he sounds more consistent and able to influence the games. Chesterfield fans seem genuinely gutted that he's left them, so that sounds like a coup.

Good signing I feel.

Looks a good addition to the squad, most Chesterfield fans I have seen have praised his attacking play. Defensively can be improved on, if the team and manager demands it they will get involved more.

The attacking play is harder to encourage if the ability is lacking.

Provided the 3 CB's and others can deal with threats, it's not a major issue if Taylor prefers to attack. If Notts can retain the ball more, attacking players should be more beneficial and ease pressure on the back.

I look forward to seeing him play.

At this level being physical and strong is sometimes enough to defend, if he can block and get a foot in without giving a foul a way. He will make a good addition as Notts lacked the attacking minds to break teams down last year.

1 hour ago, Wilfordpie said:

Does anyone remember what Joel Taylor was like against Notts?

He looks a good signing, has a turn of pace about him and I think its part of the jigsaw in place now.

Don’t think he got long against us in play off as came off the bench and can’t say I noticed anything remarkable but I wasn’t really paying attention to the chesterfield players in to much detail. Sounds like he will be a good addition if used correctly though 

Supporter+

JT is what we need at this level. Very happy with this signing. 

Archived