Notts County Supporters: How Confident Are You in Back-to-Back Promotions?

nightOWL

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  43
  • Days Won:  2

As a Sheffield Wednesday fan, I’m curious to know how confident Notts County supporters are feeling about their club gaining back-to-back promotions. With a strong squad on paper and the addition of Will Randall, it seems like your club is in a great position. Are you all still feeling the magic from Wembley?

• Like 12

• Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

I have Notts tipped for playoffs personally at this stage. I think there are 7 to 8 good teams in this league. Teams that might not have the depth that Notts does but know how to grind results at this level. I don’t even tip Wrexham to win the league.

• Like 12

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@Fan of Big Tone ran a poll here, which was all at the top end but with a larger amount for upper table (no promotion), I think there's a great chance that Notts could mount a back-to-back challenge. It depends on the start to the season, if we can start strong and maintain good form, then I fully believe we can.

I don't blame any fans for being mindful, I would also echo that I wouldn't complain if we didn't have a good go at promotion.

Although we require a few new signings, and we have some hopes for the upcoming season, the morale of everyone could be boosted if we secure them. Our fans are enthusiastic and yearn for our team to perform well in League Two. It would be remarkable to get out of this league on our first attempt. It just has to be sustainable.

• Like 13

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  502

I think it will be tough, but not impossible.  I think it may depend on how many of those left to sign we keep, and Macca.  My concern would be bringing in too many new faces at the same time.  Scott is a ready replacement for Macca; I actually think he is probably more clinical, and I wonder if Morias was brought in late with one eye on settling him in for this season prior to Macca's departure.  If we can keep the team that won us promotion last year largely intact and the augment this with a few new players with an eye on bringing them into the team during the first part of the season rather than having to throw them in en masse, then I think we could be in a good position.  It would also help to have favourable games at the start of the campaign to build some confidence and momentum before facing some stiffer tests.  With a fair wind we could be there or there abouts.  I don't think we will struggle though.

• Like 10
  • Love 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

i think with a few more renewals and addition depth, i think more fans will feel the same way as me or at least that notts can finish in the top 3. i just have a feeling that this group of players will want to go up as champions now that they have tasted promotion via the playoffs.

at the very least we need to be in the playoffs but again i wont mind if this does not happen.

• Like 10

• Content Count:  61
  • Days Won:  0

I’m quietly optimistic about Notts getting into the playoffs this season. I think we have a good squad and a decent manager who knows the league well. The key is to get off to a good start and build up some momentum and confidence. We have some tough games ahead but I believe we can compete with anyone on our day. We just need to be consistent and avoid injuries and suspensions. Come on you Pies!

Edited by SpellbindingCaskey
  • Like 9
  • Love 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

I'm quietly confident of a spot in the top half. If we want to go further, it'll be all about how quickly we can adapt to a much more intense and competitive league. Also, a number of our star performers have little or no experience of League football, so they still have a point to prove (although I'm confident they have the ability).

Even if we fly out of the blocks, the division is already looking very competitive. There are three very wealthy clubs in Stockport, Wrexham and Gillingham, and Bradford and Mansfield will be there or thereabouts. I'd love us to be up there, but I'm not assuming we'll blow the division away. 

• Like 11
  • Love 2

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,300
  • Days Won:  69

Too soon to make any predictions with confidence. With no changes to current playing staff I would expect Notts to be anywhere above 10th. 

• Like 11

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

I keep swaying between the playoffs and automatics. I am very confident that we have goals, but with the defence not quite set, that is the only area of concern. Compared to previous seasons in League Two, we have a nice squad and good depth. The rest is nothing a few signings couldn’t improve.

• Like 7

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,096

While I agree it’s early, we have a better squad in my opinion than Stockport County and should do well. I think we have strong starting players across every position and just need to finalise a few of the positions left. Then I would feel much more comfortable, but whatever happens, I am excited.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

10 games in won’t tell us much, it will be closer to Christmas when we will have a clearer idea of how things are going to play out. I think the club will have high expectations internally, but I don’t think Luke Williams’ job is in danger if we don’t achieve promotion. I think as fans, we will be very excited about the possibility of back to back promotions and while I do think it is achievable, we will need to take each game as it comes.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I concur with @DonnyNotts. The primary objective is certainly to remain in the league, but I believe this can be accomplished through the hard work and diligence that the players consistently demonstrate during matches. There seems to be an atmosphere of victory surrounding the club, and I have the distinct impression that our playoff triumph marks merely the start of an extraordinary adventure.

Now, I am not suggesting that Notts will effortlessly dominate League Two. However, I do envision us achieving success and advancing even further when the opportune moment arises.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
21 hours ago, DonnyNotts said:

First job stay up, anything else is a bonus

That’s a fair point @DonnyNotts we are in danger of getting ahead of ourselves.

• Like 3

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  387

There’s no reason why we can’t believe in our chances! I definitely think Notts are good enough for a top 5 finish. There are some strong clubs at this level, but I believe that the morale and chemistry within our squad right now will help us get results even when conditions are tough - when it’s windy and raining or when we face setbacks and have to fight like we did against Boreham Wood and Chesterfield. I think we’ll be much more competitive against Wrexham this time around, especially at their ground.

• Like 4

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  687

I’m feeling confident about our chances, but I’m also aware that there’s still a lot of work to be done and that other clubs are constantly improving their teams. I think we should aim to finish in the top half of the table at the very least. Even if the club doesn’t publicly declare it, I believe they have ambitions for promotion.

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I believe we’ll have a good season and that we, as fans, will play an important role in determining where we finish in the league. I hope those who complain when we lose games will focus on the bigger picture instead of declaring the season over after a single defeat. That kind of attitude makes us look extremely bad. If we struggle, I won’t cry or complain about it - instead, I’ll try to offer constructive criticism and support.

• Love 2