NK Slaven Belupo Croatia appoint Ricardo Moniz

• Piethagoram changed the title to NK Slaven Belupo Croatia appoint Ricardo Moniz

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Ricardo Moniz European Tour continues!

It's intriguing to ponder the reason why he hasn't made a comeback to English football. As he was valued highly by Spurs, he possesses the capability to excel as a Championship team manager.

@Piethagoram, if you ever make contact with him again would you please ask him if he applies for most of the jobs he lands or if the clubs approach him - along with why he hasn't tried English football since leaving us? Ignore if he answered these in your last interview, I genuinely don't remember.

Someone needs to update his wiki page - https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricardo_Moniz

• Like 13

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

croatia's top league but never heard of them before, it seems a good project. finished 3rd from bottom, in a league where a talented coach could make all the difference.

fingers crossed he can get the time needed to change their outcome.

• Like 7

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

He didn’t take long to find a new club. I hope he has a successful spell in charge and stays with them for a few years. No club can achieve success without giving their manager time to build a strong team and implement their vision. The same goes for Ricardo - success comes from hard work and perseverance.

• Like 6

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  282
  • Days Won:  1

Good luck to Ricardo! I hope he enjoys his time in Croatia. It’s a beautiful country and some people don’t realise just how lovely it is there.

• Like 8

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

I was surprised to see him find a new job so quickly. After his last spell in charge, I thought he might want some downtime to reflect and recharge.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  141
  • Days Won:  0

Ricardo Moniz never seems to know when to quit! I hope that this time he stays with the club for longer than he has with his past four teams that he has managed. He’s a good coach, but I’m not sure about his abilities as a manager.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  101
  • Days Won:  0

Ricardo Moniz didn’t hang around. Well, good luck to him!

• Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,459
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Will Ricardo Moniz work his short-term magic again? I hope his tenure lasts longer this time because he deserves success.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,517
  • Days Won:  9

It’s an interesting decision for Ricardo to move to Croatia. I agree that it’s a beautiful country - in some ways, it’s even nicer than Italy. You really have to visit to appreciate it, but some of the scenery is truly magical.

• Like 3

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,355

Austria was a decent guess, but Croatia is a surprise. I wish Ricardo all the best and hope he can transform the club into an ambitious team that fights for a good position in the league. Can you imagine if he managed to get them into Europe?

• Like 2

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,467
  • Days Won:  15

Good luck to Ricardo! I wish him all the success he can achieve and hope he manages to turn his new club’s fortunes around.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  419

I wish Ricardo all the best in his new role; the Croatian league could be a breath of fresh air for him. If he can attract the players on the money available to him, who knows what he can do.

• Like 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I wish to see ex-managers and players succeed only; it’s good that he has already found his next project, and I wish him well without.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,780
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Ricardo Moniz will lead Slavena in the preparations on Thursday, June 15, and for the club's website he shared his first impressions after signing the contract with Slaven Belup.

- It is a great honor for me to come to Slaven Belupo, Koprivnica and Croatian football. I know a lot about the club, and the two friendly matches we played last season, one in Koprivnica and the other in Zalagereszeg, especially helped me. I know that it is a great club with ambitious people who lead it and very good players that I saw in the mentioned matches. So far in my career, I have coached players like Olić, Petrić, Tomasov and Mance, so I know what the Croatian mentality means and what the Croats' view of football is. There is always great emotion and a desire for progress, which impresses, and I believe that the same awaits me in Slaven Belup.

He explained what Slaven can do next season in the following way.

- I am aware that I am coming to a club that is not a favorite for the top positions, but that is what should inspire and motivate us. We must have great ambition and take steps forward through work at a high level. Regardless of the fact that we may be outsiders at the start, we want to lurk for an opportunity from the shadows, and that will come through a high intensity of work at every training session. I like to compete against nominally better and bigger clubs, against clubs that have more money and better conditions, because everything is possible in football.

He was attracted to Slaven Belupo by the club's desire for progress in all segments.

- When we talked about my arrival in Slaven Belupo, I felt a great love for football from the people of the club and that I get a lot of energy through talking with them. I can't wait to start work, but I must point out that we have a lot of work ahead of us. There is no magic wand, and our only goal must be progress step by step. We must together create one philosophy in the club that we will all follow, both the first team and the football school. I don't want to impose anything on anyone, my task is to convince everyone of this philosophy because I am a team player.

The message to the fans of our club is simple.

- Football is played for the fans, and we will do everything to be better for them. We can raise our game, our philosophy, our training by a few percent, and we will do that only if we live it. We have a great responsibility for the fans and we have to respect them, but also be brave. I am looking forward to my stay in Koprivnica and believe in joint success.

Coach, once again, welcome and good luck!