Awful News

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

My thoughts are with the victims and their loved ones.

Why do things like this happen.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 7

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,990
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I woke up to Jake telling Kate he didn't want to go to college and that he might as well do his work from home. @cheeky~k8 has said it's on all major channels or seems to be, it's quite confusing by the statements and what is being reported.

Very saddening news indeed. :( 

• Like 6
  • Sad 7

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

58 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

My thoughts are with the victims and their loved ones.

Why do things like this happen.

So many major incidents happening nowadays but it impacts more when it's so close to home

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

30 minutes ago, Chris said:

I woke up to Jake telling Kate he didn't want to go to college and that he might as well do his work from home. @cheeky~k8 has said it's on all major channels or seems to be, it's quite confusing by the statements and what is being reported.

Very saddening news indeed. :( 

I;m glad @super_pie wasn't already on his way to college.The college will probably get in touch and give advice.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Sad 3

• Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

its insane what has happened and i think it shows that anything can happen. we need to stay visual on our surroundings and look out for others, i find things like this to be very sad. a lot of gossip at work has mentioned it as being a terrorist attack?

there not a lot of useful information out that you can read about the incident.

to any nottingham based member, please be careful and take care. moments like this make you see how lucky we can be and how sad the world has become. :(

• Like 7
  • Sad 5

Supporter+

It’s frightening to think I was walking around city centre streets on Saturday afternoon and early evening with my family, if this madman had decided to go on the rampage then we could have been victims.

• Like 8
  • Sad 4

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  130
  • Days Won:  0

It hits home more due to the location. Nottingham has had a reputation in the past for knife and gun crime. It hasn’t had many events like this and when it happens it does take you back. It’s all just very sad. I wish my condolences to the families affected by the deaths and pray they get their justice.

• Like 2
  • Love 6
  • Sad 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,725
  • Days Won:  27

This is upsetting. I don’t understand why anyone would feel the need to go that far. I also don’t understand the situation, but I refuse to read about it. It’s just upsetting and I don’t want to focus on that.

• Like 4
  • Sad 7

Supporter+

It sounds like terrorism the terrorist police are involved. Two of the victims who died were students at the University. 😢

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

A work mate broke this news to me this morning and as soon as he told me how much of the area was cordoned off, I had a feeling it had to be something terrible. 

Been following updates all day on the situation. Such awful news to hear. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,464
  • Days Won:  5

You just don’t expect it. While I don’t live in Nottingham, I am from there and it’s distressing to hear that the wonderful city has been targeted with terrorism. I hope those who are on here from Nottingham keep safe and haven’t been directly affected. If you have, I am sorry for your loss.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Sad 4

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

It’s terrible news. I hate when things like this happen because you are always second-guessing yourself as to if it could happen again. I feel sorry for the families affected too, it’s just horrible. I can’t help but find myself feeling down about such a thing happening in Nottingham of all places.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Sad 2

• Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

University students? Why on earth would anyone attack them? I hope the person doesn’t get to live life in a comfy taxpayer’s cell. I hope he does hard time!

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,509
  • Days Won:  9

This is dreadful; my heart goes out to everyone affected. Witnesses will have to cope with this for the rest of their lives; those who died may they rest in peace. I hope the person caught faces some stiff time, unprotected by prison guards.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

I feel for the victims, families and everyone who had to witness this sad and tragic day. I had a call about this and I am speechless; such a horrible thing to do. I haven’t heard yet as to why the person did it; I have heard it’s being treated as terrorism but little else. As of tomorrow, I will be taking on day shifts as a direct result of this. I pray that nothing like this happens again in Nottingham.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Little bits have actually made the US news, but it’s mostly narrated over coverage from other outlets and more speculation. I think it’s awful; I never thought Nottingham would be a place to experience something as dark as this. I heard the person ran over some people along with stabbings? Why…I can’t get my head around why anyone would inflict this horror onto someone.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  101

Well, he has been caught. He is not a British national and has a history of mental health issues. While this is no excuse, individuals like him need to be identified as a risk. It is easy to say this in hindsight, but it does not excuse his actions. The reporting on the matter did not help.

• Like 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  381

It is a very sad time for Nottingham. While it may seem insensitive to some, I can’t help but imagine the potential consequences if this had occurred in a busier area or at a busier time. Nonetheless, the reality of what did happen is still awful.

Edited by NCRichie
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,090
  • Days Won:  2

I was told by college not to go in. I am pleased I didn’t see any of the aftermath. I know people who were in Nottingham after it had happened; they said it was awful even then. So sad. :(

• Like 2

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,462
  • Days Won:  15

In a perfect world, individuals like him would be removed from the country before they could cause any issues. While everyone deserves support, he is not our responsibility. I am tired of people who do not appreciate the United Kingdom. This said, he needs to rot in a UK prison.

• Like 1