Celebrities Do Nothing

KB1862

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

Celebrities are always in the public eye and everything they do gets captured and ate up by the media and fans. But sometimes it can be the simplest things they do, that the average person might do on a regular basis. 

The fact that they say "they're just like us". I get people being big fans but they're still humans just like the rest of us and will do human things that we all enjoy. 

I remember Tom Cruise going to a restaurant and ordering 2 curries, which doesn't seem like a big deal as some average Joe's may do that regularly, but difference is it's actually benefitted and helped a business to gain more customers. 

Is there any celebrity news stories anyone else has seen that you just thought like well what am I supposed to do with that sort of information or why is it even news worthy? 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Haha 8

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

I don’t care about celebrities; they mean nothing to me. I’m only bothered about people who are genuinely nice. I haven’t got time for those who seek attention or set up being snapped by paparazzi just to get a few headlines.

• Like 13

@CliftonMagpie The thing that gets me, as I mentioned in the post, is that they could do the most basic human thing possible then media and fans alike jump on it. Sometimes I sympathise with them just like footballers as they can't do anything without being in the public eye but sometimes they lap it up for attention, as you say. 

I don't mind stories about Celebs that actually benefit causes. 

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
8 minutes ago, CliftonMagpie said:

I don’t care about celebrities; they mean nothing to me. I’m only bothered about people who are genuinely nice. I haven’t got time for those who seek attention or set up being snapped by paparazzi just to get a few headlines.

I could have written that @CliftonMagpie it’s exactly what I think about celebrities. I can never understand why some people worship celebrities.

• Like 8

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

I don't even know who a lot of these so called celebrities are.When there is a celeb special of a TV show I have to check with google to see why they are 'famous'. Even then I often have to check with @Chris , @william1984 or other family members or friends for further information.Then I think 'so what'

• Like 8
  • Love 1

@super_ram the world's gone crazy these days on what they deem a celebrity though. If you are "TikTok famous" or a YouTuber/Streamer, you're deemed a celebrity. Which personally I don't think that's what a celebrity is. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

57 minutes ago, KB1862 said:

@super_ram the world's gone crazy these days on what they deem a celebrity though. If you are "TikTok famous" or a YouTuber/Streamer, you're deemed a celebrity. Which personally I don't think that's what a celebrity is. 

Exactly!! If anyone can remember Michael Parkinson ,he used to have real celebrities on his show.Top personalities who had earned celebrity status  not just someone taking their 15 minutes (Far too long nowadays) of fame. Sometimes he would have relatively unknowns on but would introduce them as being just that

• Like 6

@super_ram all you have to do these days is go on reality shows as an average joe and come out as someone with high celeb status. 

There are some shows these days that still have genuine celebs but valid point regarding Parkinson. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

Celebrities are divisive like many subjects, but their personal lives shouldn’t always be of interest to us, and the fact that people believe it to be is the issue. Those people reading gossip magazines and buying every written word—it’s crazy, but some do good. Some aren’t just in it for the fame. Yet I have zero interest in their lives, but the majority of people seem to care.

• Like 13

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

It’s what happens with public interest. It says more about the people than the celebrities. If two well-known people playing Uno makes people waffle on as if it’s the biggest news of the century, then they live very sheltered and shallow lives.

I feel sorry for most well-known people. Their existence must be lonely at times and full of more wolves than a lottery winner’s letterbox. There might be ones we dislike, but we’re all human. They shouldn’t have every minute broadcasted. Until people learn to only pay attention to worthy things, nothing will change.

• Like 9
  • Love 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I am of the mindset that if people are happy, life is good. The world would be bland without celebrities, B-listers, TV stars, radio personalities, normal folk, weirdos, randoms and gossipers.

Just pay no attention to it. The worst thing is to acknowledge it because more and more mundane things will creep into your life.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  881

Celebrities get exposure from being on holiday, riding a bike, and doing everyday things because people, mostly girls, find it fascinating that celebs do exactly the same things as us - as if they’re above taking a walk, going shopping, or being seen on a public beach.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

i pay zero attention, i dont care and there are celebs i do like but i cant say i read about what they do all the time. its mostly when they do something noteworthy, so none of this bothers me because i dont know about it.

• Like 7

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Very little interest, although I watch a YouTube channel called Popcorned Planet that discusses celebrities in trouble. I got into watching it when Johnny Depp was defending himself against Amber 💩. Although, if the channel did videos on boring things like strolls through a park or playing a board game. That's just silly.

• Like 9

• Content Count:  101
  • Days Won:  0

It's odd how we put celebrities on a pedestal and then get surprised when they do the most human things.

• Like 6

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  231

It's the 'celebrity culture' that often cultivates these pointless stories. Sensationalising mundane acts tends to happen a lot.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  461
  • Days Won:  2

While some celebrities wholeheartedly embrace their public persona, others might just be leading their lives unaware of this media gaze. In this topic, attention itself seems to have become commoditised. The fact that a celebrity ordering two curries can economically benefit a business is baffling.

• Like 5

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  387

I often wonder, how much of the news around celebrities is worth our time. 

• Like 4

• Content Count:  213

Most of these celebrity stories are designed to feed into the curiosity of audiences. It’s like a reality show offering viewers a snippet into their lives.

• Like 4

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

Most celebrity stories are click bait. Some stories are interesting but most arnt.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  629

Isn't the hype around celebrities a reflection of our own fascination with fame and fortune? Well, maybe not us but most people in general.

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Oh, I refused to write mundane stories when I was sent out by my university. Did I get told off? No, they actually hired me after six months and allowed me to focus on writing items about health trends, interviews, and whatnot. None of the mindless things 14-22-year-olds leap up; I won’t say what type or gender, but it’s obvious.

• Like 1

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Days Won:  2

The term 'celebrity' has indeed taken on a broader connotation now. With platforms like TikTok and YouTube, anyone with a unique skill, lucky break, or an entertaining persona can gain instant stardom. It makes me wonder if we, as consumers of content, are redefining what it means to be a celebrity today. Irrespective of our personal feelings about them, celebrities, by virtue of their massive social reach, undeniably influence our lives, ideas, and consumption patterns. 

• Like 1