Supporter+

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Surprised 1
  • Sad 6

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  374
  • Days Won:  0

I’m a bit disappointed that the kits are always released quite late compared to other clubs. Signing a 5-year deal with Puma seems like a mistake if they can’t ensure the shirts arrive ahead of pre-season. It’s the same case every year, so why can’t Puma move things forward? The club understands that selling season tickets early benefits them, and it’s the same for the shirts. It’s hard not to be bothered by this because I can imagine they will sell out of what stock has been ordered and then there will be a repeat of the delay again. It’s frustrating and hard to see any positives from this.

• Like 11

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

It’s the same every season. How hard can it be to say that we need the shirts by a certain point and make sure they can go on sale before the last home friendly game? This does make fans more eager to buy them, which means they sell out faster. The only positive I see is that we’re not being asked to pre-order the shirts this time around.

• Like 8

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,062
  • Days Won:  54

Yeah we've had supply issues with Puma before so I'm also surprised we signed another deal with them. Must be good financially for us to re-sign for that long though, otherwise it's just bad business and so far that's not something you'd associate with the Reedtz regime.

In terms of the actual design I'm slightly worried given Barnsley's reveal today; bad, bad and bad! Weird American celebration design and a rubbish fade that looks like the shirt was washed on the wrong temperature. So cheap looking and they're charging £50 for one! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Surprised 3
  • Confused 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Other clubs receive their shirts well before us, even with the same kit suppliers. Why are we always late to the party? I remember it being mentioned that our following season’s shirts are always designed and sent over before the season is even halfway through, so what holds up production so much? When the club says it’s out of their hands, I personally wonder if our payment pushes things back.

It’s understandable that the club may not prioritize shirts over signings, but it’s not like the absence of a CEO can be used as an excuse for this. Notts needs to work out better timing for this. I can’t see Puma prioritising something for the clubs that already have their shirts ahead of us. I can imagine that production for bigger clubs takes time, but why do we just accept it without trying to bring things forward?

• Like 8
  • Love 1

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

There was talk ahead of the fixtures release, back when AH was in charge, that the shirt supplier would be looked into because Puma focuses on the number of shirts ordered and they're quite late in producing them. Obviously, we were relegated at the end of that season and it depends how much, if any, of this you would trust from a person known for bending the truth. Yet, Notts seems very lenient and understanding, more so than we can be. The 5-year deal is a poor decision; we can expect this to keep happening and the club honestly should do more to resolve the gap between the start of pre-season and kit release.

• Like 7

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,898
  • Days Won:  5

Next season, I hope the club tries to move this forward. If Puma is unwilling to meet an earlier deadline, then they shouldn’t be our kit supplier and signing the new deal will have been a mistake. I don’t want to come across as if I’m moaning, but I don’t think it reflects well on Puma or Notts to just continue accepting it. The season when we had delays with the shipment of new stock was bad enough, but nothing changes and I completely understand the disappointment.

• Like 7

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

It’s certainly shoddy stuff. The club’s acceptance of it every season doesn’t say much. I’m happy to wait, but I hope the club has ordered enough of them because they tend to sell out quickly. I hope the Reedtz eventually try to ensure that the kits are released earlier, as we shouldn’t experience so many delays in our kit launch ahead of every campaign.

• Like 6

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

i dont mind waiting if the reason is understandable, thing is with puma its like notts are a second thought. like i say, i dont mind waiting but it is one of the disappointing things about our agreement with puma. the fact the club does not seem to care, it does make it a bit more frustrating.

what can we do though? we are only fans and the decision to sign a new 5 year deal did not seem to have our consideration in mind.

i hope the design is worth the wait, i am sure it is.

• Like 4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's what it is, but the club will try to act upon this in the future. They've committed to a further 5 seasons, so we really need to see Puma up their game and release the kits sooner for us. I think the cause is probably 65% Puma, the rest Notts.

I'm not going to complain about it because it doesn't matter. I just hope if club officials see how we fans feel, they'll try to get it sorted in the future.

There's got to be some means of getting the kit earlier to the club.

• Like 4

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  1

I won’t complain, but I understand where fans are coming from. That’s just the way Puma is and I can’t see it changing. They don’t do much to be a good kit supplier. The way they are will impact their sales. It hurts them too, but what can we do? It’s just one of those things.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Bit disappointing that they're arriving late, again. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait. It's strange that we're being affected by delays, while Barnsley's Puma-made monstrosity is already available to buy now (if you're high enough).

It's a corker @menzinho. To play the devil's advocate, it's a revival of an old design with stars from the eighties. But some things are better not revived!

We had an eighties revival kit just last season, so I'm expecting something new, and with proper stripes this time. I wish we wouldn't do a plain white back, but it is what it is. As long as we avoid white shorts we'll be fine. 

• Like 2

• Content Count:  881

If it were a one-off, I don’t think anyone would mind, but we have issues with them every season. It’s not good business, but for some reason, the club is inclined to accept this. I hope that the CEO who comes in will spend some time trying to make sure things improve for next season. It probably won’t happen, but I think more effort to resolve it is important.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  419

It’s annoying, but that’s Puma for you. We will always have trouble whilst we accept it, and it’s unlikely to change. We have five more seasons of this, so my words of wisdom would be just to forget about the delays.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

14 hours ago, thommo said:

If it were a one-off, I don’t think anyone would mind, but we have issues with them every season.

Other clubs are already selling their new Puma kits, so i doubtit's all due to them. Perhaps we put our order in later due to uncertainty around the sponsor?

I'd have liked something new, but I doubt the delivery times would have been any different. 

• Like 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I may order some replicas in when I buy my shirts. I don’t expect them to be 100% the same as the original. I am not sure if I intended to wait, so fans can get theirs before I do, but I will be buying several as I always do. The date doesn’t affect me, but I understand how it would others.