Notts v York City ( Subsequent Red card offence recorded against York City player) 3 match ban

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,789
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I bet York City fans are delighted with this news. Did anyone see it happen at the time? Why has it taken so long to make the news?

• Like 10

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

york city have been stung, the fact that he has been given a 3 match suspension shows that it was violent conduct. i wished i could find the incident but i think it might have been caught and not shown in the highlights which is a shame because i really wanted to see the incident.

• Like 10

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I seem to recall saying to @super_pie and @Callum234 that Chicksen had been elbowed, but it's really foggy now.

I am glad that it's been reviewed and corrected, as no player should be violent on the pitch and elbowing players is dangerous. I have noticed a lot of upset York City fans, as he's one of their key players. It's going to be interesting to see how the suspension impacts them. I am starting to believe in karma.

• Like 11

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

Usually, these decisions don’t get reviewed when it happens to us. We tend to have to settle for what was given during the game, and that tends to be nothing. I am pleased the York City player has received further punishment for his violent conduct.

• Like 10

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  374
  • Days Won:  0

It’s about time decisions were looked into properly and repercussions were sorted. I don’t see why it took so long for them to decide it was violent conduct. If the evidence is clear enough, it should be quite simple to implement the 3-game ban.

• Like 8

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I don’t remember the incident, but I am glad that the player has been punished. The video goes to show that players won’t get away with incidents like this if they are captured. Poor York City, how will they cope?

• Like 8

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

Hahaha!! Shame on York City, some of their fans are having a right meltdown about this. It's a good thing it's not some of our lot for a change but if it's deemed violent conduct, action needed to be taken. A 3 match ban is deserved for anyone who thinks being a thug pays off.

• Like 7

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,898
  • Days Won:  5

It sounds like the review was necessary and the suspension justified. It’s his fault he got banned for three games. You can’t strike a player and expect to get away with a yellow card. York City fans need to understand this, remove their rose-tinted glasses, and criticise their player for his foolish decision.

• Like 7

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

Yes, that was a clear red card offence. If memory serves, their player tried to blend into the crowd of York City players to distract the officials. It was an obvious aggressive elbow. I remember Chicksen going down and asking the referee if he hadn’t seen it, which led to a brief discussion and ultimately a yellow card.

• Like 4

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,355
  • Days Won:  1

This has slipped my mind; I don’t recall the incident and had to check that it happened at home, which it did. I must have seen it at the time. I wonder if it was Notts who captured the incident or a fan. I’ve been looking for footage, but to no avail.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  419

I do not have any recollection of the incident in question. However, I am pleased that the York player was caught and punished for his actions. In my opinion, a three-game suspension for violent conduct, particularly for an elbow, seems rather lenient.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  531

Ryan Fallowfield should really reconsider elbowing players. With the prevalence of video recording these days, it’s not wise to engage in unsportsmanlike behaviour. The FA made the right decision in this case.

• Like 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

I'm surprised the decision has been changed because usually after a game has ended, thats the end to all the decisions made... well it seems that way.

• Like 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

It’s good to see a positive change that reflects an incident which Notts experienced. Usually, these types of events don’t receive the punishment they deserve.