Top of the league

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

IMG_5289.jpeg

That didn’t take long, we’ve just got to stay there now. How are we feeling Notts fans?

• Like 4
  • Love 15

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, but back the boys and make sure we lift them when it’s needed, regardless of whether they are performing well or not as we have been doing so far. I am delighted to see us go top, I know there’s a lot of work required to maintain it, but I believe we are capable if we play like we have been doing to secure an automatic promotion place. Notts just needs to keep working together as a team, and hopefully, the clean sheets will follow.

• Like 17

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,785
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

I agree with @allardyces tash... I still have concerns over our defence, another set piece goal conceded..and they had a couple of good chances which they failed to bury, especially a header in the 2nd half

• Like 14

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's a good thing, but we still have much to do.

This doesn't mean we can't celebrate or get excited, but it does mean we need to be mindful that this just makes teams want to beat us all the more. It's important that we just take the games by game, whilst encouraging the best outcome possible. The improvement in our form has been truly remarkable; the squad is now showcasing the level of play we knew they were capable of. There are plenty of better teams, with real quality, MK Dons will be a big test.

Accrington Stanley going into the game in form, shows that we can play well. It's away from home where we need to continue seeing these improvements.

I am delighted with being top of the league though. :D🥳

• Like 14
  • Love 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Days Won:  0

It's really pleasing to see how we have progressed since the first day of the season. We look a completely different team. The team that we were used to seeing so much last season. 

Glad we are top of the league. But we should use this as a stepping stone instead of a celebration at this time. It shows we are capable of being in and around it come the end of the season, just have to keep the momentum and positive performances coming.

Really disappointed yet again to not get a clean sheet. Defence still shaky. We really need a big centre half that can challenge for headers and just be a rough centre back to play against. Need to have a mixture of CB options who like to play out with the ball and some who are the "Brexit" CBs

Onto MK dons next week. Massive test. 🙏🖤🤍

• Like 16

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

It’s great to see Notts at the top of the table. It’s been a hard fight to climb up the league, but it shows that the squad is capable. We have some more tests coming up, but if we can navigate them well, it should leave us in a very healthy position. It also goes to show that we have strengthened from last season and perhaps should have won the National League. However, Wembley was a great day and I wouldn’t change that. I just hope we can avoid it this time by finishing in an automatic spot.

• Like 12

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Obviously there’s a lot of hard work and a long way to go but let’s just enjoy the moment, who in honesty thought we’d be top of the league now after losing to Sutton in the first game?

🎵 WE ARE NOTTS COUNTY, WE’RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE.🎵

• Like 10
  • Love 2

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  171

It's nice to see Notts top of the table so early on, our form has picked up and the team are doing very well. They have shown great consistency and quality in their performances, and they deserve to be in the promotion race. I agree, being closer to the top will make teams want to beat us more and that getting carried away could lead to disappointment. We should not take anything for granted and keep working hard. I am just enjoying now, see where it takes but being top is special. It gives us confidence and pride, and it makes us dream of better things.

• Like 12

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

I've not seen any Notts games so far this season ,so rely on this site for most of my information ,opinions and reviews.But it seems to me that  however many goals the opposition score, then Notts will score more.Now stay there!

• Like 10
  • Love 2

• Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

🎵we are top of the league, say we are top of the league.🎶

its something to enjoy, something to celebrate and encourage. i am staying grounded but i can honestly say i have always had the faith that we could reach the top at some point, so soon? maybe not. but i always thought we would be in the mix. i felt disappointed after sutton, but i quickly became my usual self and i do think we can maintain this. provided no dirty team injures our players. i thought accrington were quite dirty today, taking out langstaff several times, kicking jones to the floor many, many times.

• Like 11
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

It’s great to see Notts sitting at the top of the league; we need to encourage the good in our play and lift the players more. The togetherness between fans and the club can make such a big difference. Long may it continue! WE ARE TOP!! :D

• Like 12

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Unless you happen to be Luke Williams or one of the players, there's no point in not getting carried away. Life is short, enjoy the moment. Who'd have thought we'd be sitting here after that awful first day???

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

• Like 10
  • Love 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

It’s great to be top of the league; this could be our only time, so celebrate, enjoy and encourage. If we happen to repeat this over the course of the season and into the New Year, it will be signs of a promising contention for promotion. We need that fighting spirit! Just as much as we do being happy to see our club succeed.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  374

If there was ever a time to shout, sing, and be as loud as possible, it’s when we’re at the top of the league. We need to make sure we keep up the positive influence that the 12th man brings. It’s brilliant to be at the top, so let’s enjoy it!

• Like 10

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

It’s a nice feeling to know we are top. It’s been hard work to get there from the players, and the opening day needs to be forgotten now. It’s true that positivity is the way forward. Handling any setbacks is very important because we clearly have a talented team. When the KOP noticed we had gone top, that first chant of being top of League Two - what a moment!!!

• Like 5
  • Love 4

• Content Count:  585
  • Days Won:  2

WE ARE TOP OF LEAGUE TWO!! 🎉🍾

Maybe the Nottingham Council wants to make up for the failed National League promotion party by declaring us as the ONLY team in NOTTINGHAM. We are on the up, Notts needs to keep this up because the team is looking better by the game. 😂

• Like 5
  • Love 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  1

Are we top of the league?

Stop the press. Put your phones on DND and get those Notts flags up. It’s a good achievement, perhaps not the time to get carried away, but it’s a very positive sign. There are plenty of tough games ahead, but we are difficult to beat at Meadow Lane. I really fancy us to go unbeaten at home! I know that’s brave of me to say, but I believe it. I think the players have more than enough to draw if we struggle. The roar of the crowd makes it hard for teams to play against us.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  285

It’s good to see Notts at the top of League Two; there’s real potential that from here we can crack on. Though, I am tired of seeing fans comparing us to Wrexham. Their style suited Non-League; it doesn’t suit League Two as much as it did. They need to adapt; ours just needed fine-tuning and time to see the squad settle. There’s no doubt Notts was the best in the NL, and we can be in L2.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  629

It's astounding how quickly the season has progressed, considering it didn't start too long ago—barely a month has passed! This speedy passage of time highlights the significance of navigating League Two successfully, particularly when encountering a few matches where the team's performance is not at its peak. Nevertheless, I feel a sense of pride in our players. While it's fantastic to be at the top, we mustn't become complacent or overly celebratory. It is crucial to continue putting in the hard work and strive for constant improvement.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  495

It’s good to see Notts at the top of the table. It reinforces the belief in back-to-back promotion, but while I am happy, I am still cautious. It will take a lot of hard work to maintain this position and continue to perform at a high level. The team will need to stay focused and determined in order to achieve their goals.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  213

It’s great to be top of the league. I hope we get a chance to celebrate this more often throughout the season. It will be a positive sign of how we are doing and where we might go come the end of it.

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

It's really uplifting to see the team performing well and currently in a strong position. The fact that we are aiming to stay at that level shows our determination and ambition. It's always an exciting time when your team is doing great, and it's fantastic to see the club's progress.

I believe this positive momentum is down to the hard work and dedication of the players, coaching staff, and everyone involved with the club. It's important for us as fans to support our team and continue to be optimistic about the future.

For now, let's enjoy being top of League Two and hope it's not for the last time this season.