Neal Bishop steps down at Gainsborough

Piethagoram

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Hmm, seems he wasn’t sacked but walked, I wonder if he’s got other irons in the fire. Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

• Like 9
  • Sad 3

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

it sounds like its between being sacked and walking, i wonder if he was given an ultimatum which he decided to walk away? the clubs tweet is worded a bit weirdly. using all caps just seems unprofessional and as if there is anger behind the writing.

i wish neal bishop all the best, it seems hes lost his hair since taking charge so he may need to be less stressed to keep what he has. 😛 

• Like 9

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

In my opinion, Neal Bishop would be better suited to a coaching role rather than a managerial position. However, I am not an expert on the matter and it is ultimately up to him to decide what role he would excel in. I do believe that if he finds the right role for his skills and abilities, he will do well and I wish him all the best in his future endeavours.

• Like 8

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

The picture they used to announce the manager’s departure was far from flattering, and the accompanying tweet seemed somewhat irked. It wasn’t the most professional way to handle such a significant announcement.

• Like 8

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  558
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

I feel sorry for Neal Bishop. He has the ability to be a good manager, but it clearly hasn’t worked out for him this time. Whatever the reason for his departure, he should continue his journey and I wish him all the best in his future endeavours.

• Like 7

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

That was most definitely Bishop's decision; that said, Gainsborough's poor start might also have played a role. He might simply have decided to concentrate on working life outside of football, as an NPL club are unlikely to have a full-time manager. Or maybe he's been tapped up? Will be interesting to see where he ends up next.

Nice photos on that website by the way. Wonder who took them? ;)

• Like 5

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I think they probably mutually agreed on it, with Neal Bishop most likely saying that he wanted to step down.

The tweet is probably written by an elderly person who thinks the cap lock makes it more readable. It does seem as if there's more to it, but I doubt that is the case. Bishop is very level-headed when it comes to football and I can't see him leaving without respect for the club.

@DangerousSausage I doubt he's been tapped up, though you are quite likely right that he's decided to pursue something else. Also, I have never heard of the photographer. He seems like some random guy. 😁😂

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Supporter+
49 minutes ago, Chris said:

The tweet is probably written by an elderly person who thinks the cap lock makes it more readable.

Err, you aren’t stereotyping elderly people are you @Chris ? YOU NEVER SEE ME USING CAPITALS! Oops! :joker:

Have a word with your lad @super_ram 😜

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  574
  • Days Won:  2

Good luck to Neal Bishop. I hope he stays within the game and manages to find somewhere to take him on. I could easily see him in a coaching role.

• Like 7

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

Neal Bishop will have his reasons; I doubt anything serious like a falling out has happened. It may be down to results; it could be that Bishop feels he needs a change and wants them to pick up. Who knows?

• Like 5

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  210
  • Days Won:  0

It’s strange, but it probably makes sense; there’s nothing between Neal and the club. Whatever Neal Bishop does, I wish him well.

• Like 4

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Good luck with whatever role he has next.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  285

Neal Bishop will have his reasons; personally, I admire him for taking on the responsibility of managing a team. He was a leader on the pitch, but he may have more employment success in coaching.

• Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

It appears that Neal Bishop might be considering a career in punditry and commentary, according to his recent Facebook post about his departure.

lS8PTBm.jpg

• Like 2

Supporter+

He was a summariser on Radio Nottingham for the Mansfield game last Saturday, in the run up to the match he was discussing leaving Gainsborough but I missed it, I tuned in just as they finished talking to him. Anyone else hear it?

• Like 1

• Content Count:  277

Being a manager can be a challenging and demanding role, and it can have a significant impact on one's well-being. I believe that his decision to step down is purely personal and not influenced by the team's current position. Regardless, I wish Bish all the best in his future endeavours.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  373

Neal Bishop, a father of two growing children, has undoubtedly had less time with his family due to his football career. His managerial responsibilities would have further reduced this time. Therefore, it wouldn’t be surprising if he has chosen to step down in order to enjoy better quality time with his family.

• Like 1