Wrexham sign Steven Fletcher

Piethagoram

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  81
  • Days Won:  4

I’ve learned the hard way what not to say in these situations. Like “best in the league” or “at 36 years old, he will still run through brick walls for us”. That’s just asking for trouble. And mockery. And lawsuits. But we’re optimistic, even though we didn’t get off to a great start. Our first target just signed a new four year deal! Not with us, though. 😉 That stung a bit. And the others, well, they were just playing hard to get. They’ll come around eventually. Or not. Either way, we’re fine. Totally fine.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 13

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,785
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

"Our first target just signed a new four year deal! Not with us, though. " :rollonfloorlaughing: You keep your hands off our Macca🙃

• Like 5
  • Haha 12

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

i dont think its as bad of a signing as the person in the tweet is making it sound, wrexham will have paul mullin back soon and steven fletcher will become more a rotational or backup option. i stayed up to watch the football league highlight show last night. wrexham did very well in their game.

• Like 14

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

As for Steven Fletcher, I wouldn’t say he’s a poor signing. It could be a case of a disgruntled fan downplaying his departure. As far as I’m aware, Fletcher’s contract was mutually terminated.

• Like 12

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

He's still got quality, but it reminds me of when we brought in older players to the experience of younger upcoming players. I don't think it's a bad signing, if I were a Wrexham supporter I would be like 'meh' about the signing.

I don't think it's fair to be critical of him before he's played several games.

I personally would have thought Wrexham would have tried to bring in some of the players from the National League that did well against them, along with the experience they've added.

• Like 12

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I think it’s a very average signing that signals just how much Wrexham has struggled to bring in players for certain positions, but I do think Fletcher is more of a signing to provide cover and allow them to review once his deal ends.

• Like 11

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

Steven Fletcher should still be capable of performing at the League Two level. Wrexham isn’t lacking in speed, and his experience seems beneficial. While it may not be the best signing, it’s far from the worst. Only time will tell how he fares, but if he aids in their improvement, it will be a worthwhile acquisition for a free agent.

• Like 10

• Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

Mullin played half an hour yesterday, so it will be basically a case of him & one of Palmer, Fletcher, Dalby. I think Wrexham fans have lost confidence in Palmer, so would expect Fletcher to play alongside Mullin.

• Like 10

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,898
  • Days Won:  5

I don’t believe it’s a poor signing; he’ll outperform most players in this league and it’s up to Wrexham to integrate him effectively. I believe he would score goals in our team due to our ability to create chances, but will he fit into their setup? I believe so.

• Like 6

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

As for Wrexham’s new signing, it’s a decent acquisition. If it had been Notts making the signing, I might not have been as enthusiastic. Wrexham already has a wealth of young talent at their disposal, so adding a player with experience to the mix should complement their squad nicely.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

Wrexham don’t really play young players though @CliftonMagpie apart from Barnett, O’Connor and occasionally Cleworth. I think most of their first team are 28 years old plus, so Fletcher has been brought in to do a job for a season and will replace Dalby. 

• Like 6

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  0

If they want to continue progressing, they need to bring in younger, faster, and more promising players. Signings like this, honestly speaking, won't take them anywhere.

• Like 7

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  629
  • Days Won:  1

I believe he can assist with the current shortcomings, but I am skeptical of his usefulness beyond this season. In order to establish themselves in League Two and achieve consistent results, I think it's a reasonable signing for them.

• Like 5

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  285
  • Days Won:  0

The new signing is average; he should possess the quality for League Two, but I don’t anticipate him making a significant impact. He’s certainly no David McGoldrick.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Steven Fletcher's experience of playing in the Premier League makes him a potentially valuable addition to Wrexham. In terms of both skill and knowledge, his presence could greatly benefit the team. However, only time will tell how successful this signing will be. It's a situation that calls for observation and evaluation as we wait to see how things unfold on the field.

• Like 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

Seems like alot of players for them recently.

• Like 2

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

In my opinion, Steven Fletcher is a good acquisition as he will bring some experience to Wrexham and has the capability to assist them. I believe that sometimes seasoned signings like this can aid a club in their return to the Football League.

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

On 12/09/2023 at 08:09, Fozzy said:

Wrexham don’t really play young players though @CliftonMagpie apart from Barnett, O’Connor and occasionally Cleworth. I think most of their first team are 28 years old plus, so Fletcher has been brought in to do a job for a season and will replace Dalby. 

That’s a valid point. I believe their stronger signings have been the likes of Mullin, Lee, and Palmer. These are impressive signings, which, in my opinion, Fletcher doesn’t quite match. However, I do recognise the experience he brings. I just feel they need to infuse some speed and a touch of youth into their side.

• Like 1

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Days Won:  2

As for Steven Fletcher, he should have a successful season with us. Beyond that? It’s possible he might decide to retire, much like Ben Foster.

• Like 1