Match Discussion: Game 8 - The Ammies (A)

PON_News

Game 8 - The Ammies (A)

Team: Salford City

Date: 15/09/2023

Where: Moor Lane

SalfordCity.png.8e63ff5059acfd51bdd36c06

What line-up should Luke Williams opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Like 3

we need to get back to winning ways, but just like mk dons this will be a difficult game especially with it being yet again on the road. i hope luke williams returns the side to a  settle league lineup we have seen.

i will be going up with @CliftonMagpie and meeting @TheSkipper at the ground.

its going to be another good away day i think, i just hope it does not rain constantly but we we will see.

• Like 10

Supporter+

I’ll be on the Isle of Wight but if I have a decent signal I’ll stream it. It’ll be another tough game but hopefully we can get something from it, we should see the return to Luke’s favoured starting line up barring any injuries.

Safe journey to the travelling fans.

• Like 10

I think Notts should be able to perform well against Salford, I think MK Dons are a better team on paper and if we can just pass the ball into space we should create chances. I am sure Salford won't make it easy, but I am hoping an early goal for us would settle the game down.

This is my first visit to their ground. I am surprised they haven't put more effort into upgrading at least two of the stands, but I suppose seeing what others have said about them not having many of their own fans comes into it. It'll be interesting to see what those attending for Salford are like, if they're laid back and just there due to the hype or are passionate just as much as we are. I don't know. If they're lacking support, this may play into our hands and with our own support it could really lift Notts.

I am hoping we can keep a clean sheet here.

@Piethagoram Are you in the seated area?

• Like 10

Tough one. Salford are underperforming so far, but have a big lump up front which is often our undoing. I’d take a point on the road again, but feel there is 3 points to be had, if we can get on top of them early. I’ve seen a couple of games where opposition take time to adjust to our style, just need to capitalise during that time. A bit more ruthless when it matters. Guessing no Jodi, Tobi for me to start.

• Like 11

Salford can be a strong team if given the opportunity to take control of the game or capitalise on chances. However, if not given these opportunities, they tend to be rather ordinary. At their current skill level, they aren't quite ready for League One, so I view them more as a potential contender for the playoffs, and ideally a team that Notts should be able to beat. Nevertheless, football can be unpredictable, and since they're playing at home, it could really go either way on the day.

• Like 10

It's set to be yet another challenging match. Although we're aiming for a victory, securing a point for continued enhancements shouldn't be overlooked. I'm not particularly well-acquainted with the Salford squad, but I remain hopeful that our team's quality will help us navigate through any potential challenges. 

In terms of player selection, fielding our strongest team will be crucial. With Jodi Jones returning to the fold, Notts should be fully prepared to face the match ahead.

• Like 9

It's going to be another tough test but I believe in the boys to go out there and get the 3 points. I think Williams will revert back to his favoured XI. 

Salford will want to try and slow the game down and bring their big unit of a striker into play and get People running off him which Notts will have to be switched on with.

We definitely have the capability of getting all 3 points. Another great following by the Notts fans. Let's watch super county put on a show 🖤🤍

• Like 8

Supporter+

Salford haven't won at home all season. Their manager was interviewed before their home loss to Walsall. He mentioned that they had injuries. He talked about the Pies as well. I got the feeling that Friday might be too soon for those injured players. It's a difficult game. Salford are going to finish in the top 10 IMO. I'd be happy with a point. 

• Like 6

Matt Smith can be described as nothing more than a bully, relying on intimidation tactics against other players. At the age of 34, it is safe to say that he is well past his prime. The main concern lies in his tendency to use elbowing and shirt grabbing as techniques, especially considering that Connell Rawlinson is likely faster. Aden Baldwin would handle the situation better, given Salford's genuine quality and pace. In my opinion, Cameron, Brindley, and Baldwin would form a solid back three. Smith will heavily depend on others to carry out most of the work. I have confidence that Brindley and Baldwin can handle the situation effectively.

• Like 6

As we approach the upcoming match against Salford City, the spotlight is firmly on Luke Williams. His role as a leader is crucial in harnessing the potential of our players. It’s not enough for him to be a passive observer of the game’s progression. Instead, his active involvement in guiding the players on the field could be a game-changer. By providing real-time instructions, he can instil a level of focus in the players that could significantly influence the game’s outcome.

Williams has at his disposal a squad brimming with talent. The quality of this team leaves no room for mediocrity. Therefore, it’s only fitting that he sets high expectations for the players. The match against Salford City presents an opportunity to demonstrate their capabilities. With effective communication and high standards, Williams can inspire his team to deliver a performance that matches their potential.

• Like 5

Notts has consistently demonstrated their ability to compete against any team, including teams like Salford. The anticipated return of Macaulay Langstaff, Matt Palmer, Jodi Jones, and Aaron Nemane to the squad certainly strengthens their chances of a win. Their individual skills and collective teamwork could potentially tip the balance in their favour. I’m looking forward to an exhilarating match!

10 hours ago, Dripsey3 said:

Salford haven't won at home all season. Their manager was interviewed before their home loss to Walsall. He mentioned that they had injuries. He talked about the Pies as well. I got the feeling that Friday might be too soon for those injured players. It's a difficult game. Salford are going to finish in the top 10 IMO. I'd be happy with a point. 

This isn’t the place to be making such statements; it’s one of those things that simply mustn’t be jinxed. This is a pivotal match, and Notts must disregard their home form, as should you. 😉

• Haha 4

Notts has played quite well, we've been very route one at times but at the same time we have attacked via the flanks/middle. Their keeper is keeping them in this, we've had a number of good efforts where he's been outstanding. Otherwise they've been incredibly poor. Also, I critiised Doncaster fans for not singing but these Salford fans are poor.

• Like 3

Great job! Notts performed exceptionally, and I must admit that Salford's performance was lackluster, though they had their moments of brilliance. In my opinion, any team that refuses to surrender even when trailing by two goals with only ten minutes left deserves commendation. Dan Crowley's performance was outstanding.

• Like 2