Are Notts Still in the Playoff Mix?

Robbie

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Notts are only 4 points behind Walsall who are in seventh place. 
There are a further 36 points to play for. 
We are still in the mix.

Agree?

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

• Robbie changed the title to Are Notts Still in the Playoff Mix?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Yes I agree, there’s still time to turn this around, if we all stick together, management, players and above all fans, being a supporter means just that you support your team and club even when the going gets tough.

• Like 7

Supporter+

Agree @Fan of Big Tone

People complaining and we are just 4 points off a playoff place.

Every Notts fan should get behind Stuart and the team over these last 12 matches.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
32 minutes ago, Robbie said:

Every Notts fan should get behind Stuart and the team over these last 12 matches.

Sadly there are the vociferous minority who would rather shout abuse at the players and the manager.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Without player improvements, I have doubts. Stuart Maynard appears to be struggling against a group of players who were in decline long before his arrival. The transition won't happen quickly enough, so let's ease the pressure and start by focusing on improving the form to salvage this season. Attracting players for improvement is crucial. Some fans booing aren't promoting reasons to stay, and it's disappointing. I understand poor form is the main issue. What began as a slight landslide is worsening due to the negative atmosphere. It's tough for a new manager when fans won't give him a chance. Maynard has faced challenges, and Luke Williams left at the right time. Unfairly, the blame is falling on Maynard.

• Like 6

Supporter+

I agree. Things can change very quickly in League 2.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  75
  • Days Won:  6

13 hours ago, AmericanPie said:

Without player improvements, I have doubts. Stuart Maynard appears to be struggling against a group of players who were in decline long before his arrival. The transition won't happen quickly enough, so let's ease the pressure and start by focusing on improving the form to salvage this season. Attracting players for improvement is crucial. Some fans booing aren't promoting reasons to stay, and it's disappointing. I understand poor form is the main issue. What began as a slight landslide is worsening due to the negative atmosphere. It's tough for a new manager when fans won't give him a chance. Maynard has faced challenges, and Luke Williams left at the right time. Unfairly, the blame is falling on Maynard.

Unfortunately, I agree. I'd love SM to turn this around and for the players to start showing as much fight against the opponents as some of them seemed to show against the fans on Tuesday night but a run of 4 points in 7 games takes some turning round. It was one heck of a tough run and I feel for him walking into such a start, especially when our defensive frailties have been evident for a long time. I'd love Alfred's dad to be right but I can't see how we'll only concede 2 goals in the next 3 games.

I think our best chance is to go full on Keegan - we'll score more than you! A main factor in our goals against record last season was that teams were terrified to attack us, because we'd destroy them if they gave us space. With players like Macca, Didzy and Jones we can get those goals flowing again.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Supporter+

@Simon Clark I agree. I'm coming to the conclusion that with this squad the best way to defend is to attack. Sides are still frightened of our attacking prowess. They all shape up the same against us.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,712
  • Days Won:  36

No, we won’t make the playoffs, you shouldn’t have to go into every game needing to score 4 goals to have any chance of winning.

Expecting the slump to continue to be honest and I reckon we’re going to end up around 16th. Could have and should have been a nailed on playoff seasons.

• Like 4
  • Surprised 1
  • Sad 2

Supporter+

Well@Fozzy that was Luke's philosophy for winning matches and most supporters accepted it while he remained here.

I don't think this squad can change. I would ask that they stop the silly mistakes by kicking the the ball out when under pressure. One goal could have been avoided if that had happened on Tuesday.

• Like 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  378
  • Days Won:  1

It's nearly 4 pm on Thursday and no sign of the usual presser garbage..... Perhaps he's gone!!!!!!!!! 

• Sad 1

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

@Fozzy i dont see us dropping that low but playoff seems unlikely. the more fans make it a difficult place for our club and more lost the players perform it looks like mid table to me.

• Like 5

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

Given our current form, it seems highly unlikely that we’ll be able to fight for a playoff spot. I don’t think it’s going to happen and I’d rather see Notts strive to end the season as well as possible. We might manage to move up the table, but our main aim should be to finish above the mid-point if we want to attract good players next season.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, gtownjohnno said:

It's nearly 4 pm on Thursday and no sign of the usual presser garbage..... Perhaps he's gone!!!!!!!!! 

It's Friday PM.... Still no presser..... Something is going to happen...... Or as it happened already!!!!!?? 

• Surprised 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, gtownjohnno said:

It's Friday PM.... Still no presser..... Something is going to happen...... Or as it happened already!!!!!?? 

KC doing the pre match presser just now....No sign of the BT man...... What's going on???????? . 

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, gtownjohnno said:

KC doing the pre match presser just now....No sign of the BT man...... What's going on???????? . 

Oh.... Iam surprised.... He's still with us.      Same old same old.     Why can't he include a summary of the players that likely to be considered for inclusion in Saturday's team... Surely he's going to make some changes from Tuesday night s... show?????? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,501
  • Days Won:  287

It's not going to happen. We might only be four points adrift, but the number of teams in with a chance of a play-off spot is huge and it'll be those with the best form between now and the end of the season that will make it. What does our form look like?

I know things can change quickly in football, but I think we've got too many problems to solve. We've got no business in League One until we fix them.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Supporter+
16 minutes ago, DangerousSausage said:

It's not going to happen. We might only be four points adrift, but the number of teams in with a chance of a play-off spot is huge and it'll be those with the best form between now and the end of the season that will make it. What does our form look like?

I know things can change quickly in football, but I think we've got too many problems to solve. We've got no business in League One until we fix them.

We just have to take one game at a time from now till the end of the season.

Until it is mathematically impossible to make the playoffs, it is still possible.

We were 30 seconds from staying in the National League last season so things can change quickly in football.

• Like 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,501
  • Days Won:  287

Also very true. We're currently 14, so we have to outperform at least seven of the teams above us to make it. I can't see it, but it's certainly not impossible.

• Like 4

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,111
  • Days Won:  54

The momentum and confidence from last season seems to have worn off now, that was probably always going to fade at some point though wasn’t it? I think it’s slightly over-exaggerated about how easy the step-up is and maybe we were a tad blindsided by our record-breaking season achievements. The bottom half of the NL would really struggle in this league and I’m not sure some of the better teams would do that well either. Mansfield might finally get promoted this season and they’ve spent 7 seasons trying, by no means will I consider this season a massive failure if we don’t finish in the play-offs, it's about progressing, by basically not getting relegated we’ve done that. Then it becomes about making sure that progression continues each season and we’ll get promoted when we're ready.

Now to actually answer the question, no! But like you say never say never in football…

• Like 4

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

Its anyone's game as to who gets 6th and 7th. With the way our form and performances have been since November, we won't be there. They just aren't sustainable enough to go on a good run of form. Player injuries, neglection of the defence in both transfer windows, players downing tools and Luke leaving (meaning we probably had to reassess our transfer window as certain targets may have been off the table.

I said after the Mansfield game, to a mate of mine, it would probably be better if we don't finish inside the play-offs, because we are just simply not ready for that next step yet. A few too many squad players who have got another year on their contract are still here and investment is needed in the defence and more squad depth.

The problems were here before SM got here. Our record since November is PLD 18, W 5, D 2, L 11, GF 36, GA 38. 17 points taken from a possible 51. When you have one thing that is good (the attack) and one thing that isn't (the defence), you need to focus on the one thing that isn't good (the defence) which may mean taking some focus off of the attack for a bit. That balance will be struck over time

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,556
  • Days Won:  9

There are still many points up for grabs, and despite our poor form, we haven’t slipped too far. Not as far as the club could have, which is a silver lining. Being just 4 points away from a turnaround and considering how tight the League Two table is, there’s a chance for things to improve under Stuart Maynard. Sadly, a lot of this hinges on whether Notts can keep most fans on board and steer clear of the looming cloud of doom. I believe the team still has the potential to secure victories, but the recurring issue of conceding goals is a concern. There seem to be more factors working against the club’s chances of reaching the playoffs than in favour. Regardless, we should be grateful to be back and feel more content than most teams that have just returned to the English Football League.

• Love 2

Supporter+
56 minutes ago, upthepies said:

There are still many points up for grabs, and despite our poor form, we haven’t slipped too far. Not as far as the club could have, which is a silver lining. Being just 4 points away from a turnaround and considering how tight the League Two table is, there’s a chance for things to improve under Stuart Maynard. Sadly, a lot of this hinges on whether Notts can keep most fans on board and steer clear of the looming cloud of doom. I believe the team still has the potential to secure victories, but the recurring issue of conceding goals is a concern. There seem to be more factors working against the club’s chances of reaching the playoffs than in favour. Regardless, we should be grateful to be back and feel more content than most teams that have just returned to the English Football League.

I couldn't have said it better myself.👍

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,517
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I don’t believe we’re in the running for the playoffs, I could be wrong but at this point, I just want to see improvements in our defence and results. I don’t want the club to chase the playoffs in theory, but continue to struggle with results and consequently slide further down the table due to nerves and a combination of what’s actually happening. We need to ease the pressure on Stuart Maynard and hopefully, the board will heed his suggestions on how to enhance the playing squad because I doubt he would have wanted to sign Jatta himself.

• Like 1