Alex Kirk .....RCB?

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

I saw the original photo this morning on my timeline and it never clicked that he wasn’t a contracted player, good job I don’t need to be observant!

Looks potentially a useful player, can play as a centre back, but apparently was a revelation at wing back for Bromley. Quite handy as it will give us options and fits the “versatile” tag in a player that we look for.

• Like 13

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

He may be a trialist since we haven't heard of any news of his arrival, which will give fans a glimpse into considering potential signings - if there are any more trialists we'll have to see.

I wouldn't mind a signing of this nature, as he could be one for the future and happy to be part of a squad where he rotates/is backup.

It obviously all depends on how things work out.

• Like 9
  • Love 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

i dont really know who he is but i trust the recruitment team, its been nice previous seasons how we have narrowed down using trials as a means to judge a players ability. instead signing players typically ready for first team football. not that i think alex kirk would not be, i suppose the options for centre backs might be narrowing.

• Like 8
  • Love 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,897
  • Days Won:  5

I’ve heard that he scored and played well. It’s difficult to judge based on just one friendly match, but it will be intriguing to see if he stays on trial against some of the tougher teams. He was accompanied by Elliot Thorpe, a former Spurs academy player who previously played for Luton Town.

• Like 3
  • Love 10

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,467
  • Days Won:  15

Coming through Arsenal’s academy system suggests that he has talent and should be competent in terms of ability. The usual question is how he interacts with other players and how they apply themselves. I have faith in the recruitment team to make the right decision, but the fact that we are conducting trials implies that we may not be entirely confident about them.

• Like 11

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I know someone might say that they hate seeing videos as it hypes up the potential of a player. Yet, Alex Kirk does look like he has a good level of awareness to cut out dangerous attacks. It's a good insight into his ability, getting that on a consistent basis away from where he's familiar can always be a challenge. I have heard nothing but praise for his performance against Alfreton.

We have a few more friendlies where we should be able to judge him a little further, yet I can see the potential.

• Like 4
  • Love 8

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,517
  • Days Won:  9

He appears to be a promising player with the potential to improve with more playing time. Having been at Arsenal, he should possess the quality. Much like Lewis Macari, he could be the future in a few seasons if he signs.

• Like 9

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

he does look very good defensively, how he does against more experienced players might differ but with time he does look like he could become a very good player. i am interested to see how alex kirk does whilst on trial.

• Like 5

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  373
  • Days Won:  0

He seems promising. I believe that having a balanced set of centre backs is beneficial, and it’s even better that he can also play in wider positions. From a defensive standpoint, this is the kind of signing you want when you’ve already brought on board three very competent centre backs. Alex Kirk could turn out to be an excellent acquisition.

• Like 2
  • Love 6

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

From the things I've heard about the lad, he sounds like a promising defender and could possibly be a welcomed addition to the club. 

• Like 5

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  580
  • Days Won:  2

He has the potential to improve and ticks the boxes. Younger fans could look up to him because of his great background in football. I'm not sure why he's on trial with us unless we're still thinking of signing someone more experienced.

• Like 7

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

Would be a more typical radar signing. Strong youth background, proven himself in leagues below, similar to Nemane, Francis

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

It would be sensible to consider this player. He could provide more options and might be willing to compete for his spot in the team, which is exactly what we need. Given that the club has several left-footed defenders, a right-footed one would be a good addition.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  3,459
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I’m hoping we sign Alex Kirk. He seems to fit the bill quite nicely and having spoken to one of the Notts coaches recently, he appears to be highly regarded. He’s at an age where he should be able to step in when needed but also continue to improve over time.

• Love 5

• Content Count:  230
  • Days Won:  1

It’s great to hear positive feedback about Alex Kirk during his trial. I think having players who can cover multiple positions, like centre back and wing back, is a fantastic move.

The versatility adds flexibility to our squad, allowing us to adapt to different tactical scenarios. Having come through Arsenal’s academy, he’s likely had good training and development, setting a solid foundation for his career. The real test will be how he adapts to our team dynamics and performs against tougher competition.

If he continues to show promise, I believe he could be a valuable addition. It’s all about seeing if his initial performance can translate into consistent play. Our recruitment team has a good track record, so I trust their judgment.

• Like 4

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Days Won:  2

Alex Kirk seems like a promising talent. Fingers crossed he impresses during the trials and becomes a solid addition to the squad. We could always use versatility.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  7,485
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Hope we get some positive news about Alex Kirk joining Notts by the start of next week.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  629
  • Days Won:  1

Perhaps once we are back in the UK, we might start seeing other arrivals, but Alex Kirk seems like a good option.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

I was assuming that because he didn’t feature against Wealdstone, we may have dropped our interest, will wait to see if he plays this weekend. 

The only trialist I can find that did play the other night was Robbie Cundy, who I know has been training with Notts.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  144
  • Days Won:  0

It’s possible that Notts have seen enough and are now trying to shield him from the gaze of other clubs while initiating discussions with his agent. Notts may have lost interest, or alternatively, Alex Kirk might not see a regular football opportunity for himself. We probably won’t know until he signs with a team, but he does seem to meet the criteria.

• Like 1