Has the pre-season played part in your optimism this season?

NottsTastic

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,099
  • Days Won:  2

I know the loses to both Derby and Leicester have dampened the mood a little, especially the performance by the senior squad in the first half of the first home friendly. The foxes game encouraged me because Kevin Nolan got a response out of the players and falling short against a Premier League should be expected.

Compared to the signings, I am more optimistic about the pre-season and the soon to start 2018/19 campaign.

Has the pre-season played part in your optimism this season?

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

No, the signings have made me very optimistic but the pre-season could have been better.

You would expect loses against Derby and Leicester, but the players might have benefited from more time training together. I think the friendlies was setup to encourage season ticket purchases but the Derby game was awful. Notts have made very good signings in this transfer window.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  235
  • Days Won:  0

In a very small way I would say it has.

Pre sseason friendlies mean nothing, you do want to see a good performances and for players to remain switched on. The signings made is what excites most people, leading into the season playing meaningless games don't amount to much.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

You want to see a good performance during the pre-season games, I saw more hope in the opening 10 minutes of the Leicester game - than I did in all of the first half against Derby. Fans reaction did depress me, I was nervous that it would lead into the season but I am very chuffed with the latter game. Notts played brilliantly and I think Ross would have done much better, though I do think Pindroch should have started.

I am more impressed by the signings to be honest, these have me eager to see them in League Two action.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,470
  • Days Won:  5

No, not at all.

I have not seen much of the pre season so I can only go on from what I have seen but the recruitment this year seems solid.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Just the signings for me.

I am looking forward to the new season, just that the friendlies don't encourage me at all.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

Pre-season has had little impact on my excitement levels because I don't think the players have delivered much yet in the two big friendlies, I know they mean little but only a handful of players have impressed.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

im just wanting to go back to meadow lane and see a new season, the friendlies dont excite me really.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

I've enjoyed the recruitment and pre-season, I think it might have had some impact but I am just keen to see the season start.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

It's planned no part whatsoever for me, being an exile fan, PON has played more part in my optimism than any of the friends have done.

The signings on the other hand is a completely different matter.

Notts looks to have made some excellent signings during this transfer window and the squad looks to have depth.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Preseason is never a good indicator of competitive performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

As @ivansneck says preseason is pretty much pointless as a guide tbh, this year we've spanked two pub teams and been spanked off of two very very good teams.

The signings are what brings optimism i would say for pretty much all fans.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,810
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

I always rather have tough pre season matches as beating low tier teams, may be good for confidence, it doesn't highlight where the problems are. Derby and Leicester showed that our ability to mark in defence falls well below the standards we should aspire too.

• Content Count:  474
  • Days Won:  6
  • 𝕏:  twitter OldNottsfan

We would normally expect to see the new signings & you would expect to see some sort of performance. We’ve seen very little of the signings and it’s difficult to judge performance levels with all the changes in the last 2 games. 

Hopefully the Luton game will give us a better idea of where we are but after the excitement of the new signings the friendles failed to impress, although the Leicester game was more encouraging.

no, pre seasons mean nothing, but can you imagine the feeling of optimism if we’d have had 2 half decent scorelines. No one would expect us to beat Derby or Leicester but I would have hoped for better than a 1 - 4 results. They were friendliest not exhibition matches !

still optimistic for the season though (I think). 😊 

• Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Truefootballfan said:

Hopefully the Luton game will give us a better idea of where we are but after the excitement of the new signings the friendles failed to impress, although the Leicester game was more encouraging.

I feel the exact same way, Enzio Boldewijn has a lot to prove for me.

He so far hasn't shown any since he was worth the purchase, but he may just need time or isn't match fit yet.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

I always rather have tough pre season matches as beating low tier teams, may be good for confidence, it doesn't highlight where the problems are. Derby and Leicester showed that our ability to mark in defence falls well below the standards we should aspire too.

That’s why you need both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived