Hardy to save Skeggy F.C.?

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

It seems that Skeggy fc are about to go bust as the official twitter sent out a tweet declaring that they were turning of the flood lights for good. 

A few minutes later Alan’s Hardy responded with “wtf Dm me” since then there has no further public tweets but the same happend with ilkeston and he's managed to turn that around.

so could Alan Hardy be wanting to acquire another football team and save one of the popular sea side football teams Skeggy fc. 

Has anybody heard any more about this at all .. thoughts guys.?

394F606D-DE5F-4B09-AD2E-D60688487C96.png

2B62BFF1-51A2-4697-A8E8-2986C6279A0F.png

• Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

I did see this tweet yesterday morning, and whilst it would be sad to see Skegness go bust, i'd really rather Alan Hardy just concentrated on Notts County F C. 

12 minutes ago, magpiejue said:

I did see this tweet yesterday morning, and whilst it would be sad to see Skegness go bust, i'd really rather Alan Hardy just concentrated on Notts County F C. 

I think @magpiejue that may be a opinion shared by a few fans at this minute in time.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
10 hours ago, magpiejue said:

Totally agree, he didn’t ought to have his finger in too many pies, there’s only one ‘pies he ought to be concerned with.

(see what I did there?)

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i dont think hes looking to buy them, maybe he wants to just help them out?

there is a rumour about them having a very big scoreboard too, which could be another reason why he might be more inclined to help them. no idea if this is just a rumour, true or some fans taking the piss out of the situation.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I think it's safe to say that he won't be allowed to purchase another club, I was surprised that he was granted the special permission to buy Ilkeston Town.

He seems genuine about wanting to help other clubs.

This could be him trying to make a donation to keep them afloat or another type of business deal, yet I would be shocked if it was aimed at being another purchase of a football club because the focus is already time consuming I imagine.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

5 hours ago, Chris said:

I think it's safe to say that he won't be allowed to purchase another club, I was surprised that he was granted the special permission to buy Ilkeston Town.

He seems genuine about wanting to help other clubs.

This could be him trying to make a donation to keep them afloat or another type of business deal, yet I would be shocked if it was aimed at being another purchase of a football club because the focus is already time consuming I imagine.

Agree,I doubt he's looking to buy. Presumably Skeggy's  problem is financial so there are many ways he could help them depending  on amount of money required short term.A loan,cash injection,arrange a friendly to raise money general advice,etc.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  4

I hope that he does save them because I have walked past before and it is a decent club.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  235
  • Days Won:  0

It's a shame when any club folds but I have visited their website and have read about their history.

I hope Alan Hardy can help them.

It seems that no one from Skeggy has made contact with hardy yet. Despite him trying to reach themEE921A0E-578E-4006-8B69-93E9B0AA2AEC.png

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  149
  • Days Won:  0

It's a nice gesture don't get me wrong but the more he does this, the more people will want things and approach him to save clubs. He's best letting nature run its course.

I think he would be looking at makeing a loan to Skeggy fc to save them or some thing like that 

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I would hope his sole focus is on Notts and this is merely a way to assist them in avoiding closure. If he is donating money to save them, he could start with the phone and electricity bills.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  534
  • Days Won:  1

He needs to step back, Alan Hardy can't save every non league team that is about to fold. Skegness is a fairly big town, so why are they failing to attract gates enough to run their club? The new stadium work might have something to do with it.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  741
  • Days Won:  2

I have no opinion if he wants to buy Skegness FC or not, it's Alan's choice what he does with his money.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

Maybe he wants to build an holiday home there?

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,133

It would be horrible to see them go bust but I fail to see how its our chairman's concern. He already has his hobby club in Ilkeston Town.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

On 08/08/2018 at 13:52, TheSkipper said:

God I hope Alan Hardy doesn't buy another club.

He has too much on now without adding a third club to his expenditure, I believe this is more an investment or act of goodwill. 

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I never understood why he let his home town club Eastwood Town die, as a Eastwood lad he should’ve at least tried to save them but perhaps he did and it wasn’t publicised.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,772
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Interesting fact, Skegness United formed 2011, likely demise 2018......Skegness Town founded 1947..still going

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

4 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

Interesting fact, Skegness United formed 2011, likely demise 2018......Skegness Town founded 1947..still going

I thought Skegness only had one club, no wonder Skegness United is going bust with another club doing better - i.e Skegness Town AFC.

This being the case I see no reason why Alan would want to get involved with them, Skegness Town AFC yes - they have a lovely ground but this other club I've never heard of them hence to confusion. I'm sure most never realised it's a different club entirely.  

1 hour ago, Chris said:

I thought Skegness only had one club, no wonder Skegness United is going bust with another club doing better - i.e Skegness Town AFC.

This being the case I see no reason why Alan would want to get involved with them, Skegness Town AFC yes - they have a lovely ground but this other club I've never heard of them hence to confusion. I'm sure most never realised it's a different club entirely.  

I’m confused 🤷‍♀️ maybe he wants the score board

• Chris unfeatured this topic

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

Some of you are getting your wires crossed - Skegness Town are still going strong in the Northern Counties East League, and are much higher up and more well-established than Skegness United. I think we might have played Skeggy Town in a friendly once.

At that level it's not just money that's a factor - some clubs are struggling to find the volunteers they need to keep going. That's something that cash can't really solve. You can't sustainably pay for staff in the Boston League. It's sad to see any club struggling though, seems to be happening more and more.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  574

If there's two teams, sorry but let them die. Skegness is small enough for one club.

Archived