Hewitt and Brisley

ARLukomski

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,294
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

From what I've heard I would drop Hewitt and Brisley. Hewitt sounds like he is incapabale of completing a pass. Sounds like he's trying to work his way out of the team. His passing can be worked on but for the moment someone else needs to come in whilst we do improve his passing. Or tell him to just run a lot and let Vaughan do the passing work.

Brisley. Was at fault for all three goals yesterday. Again, we can improve his passing but it's like he's lost his head and lost what he was good at last season. Being a defender who does the dirty work. Hall must start every game. He is so comfortable with the ball at his feet. I would bring in a CB on loan to help out. Preferably not a 19 year old CB from a Prem or Champ club. Someone who has played league football. 

Also would take a GK on loan to help give competition to Fitzsimons and to help him with his distribution and decision making. This is also something else that can be improved.

What do you think?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

Shame that Jason Shackell went to Lincoln would have been an ideal signing. Brisely has to be dropped for me and Hall or Bird being introduced. Very unsure about the back as we just can't seem to cope with a bit of pressure. Fitz barely has any league experience so for me would benefit going out on loan to the National League and use Pindroch as backup as Fitz is not good enough for number one but too good for number two. Jordan Smith I think is available for loan after the reds signed Luke Steele. This would allow Fitz then to go out on loan to get some valuable league experience ready to be No.1 next year. As for CB well think its too little too late, as most of the good ones have been taken. I know Joe Worrall from the reds is most likely going to loaned out but I doubt to a league two side. Maybe we could do some business with Derby. I just think we need a CB with a cool head and can understand the game well, IE maybe like Stephen Warnock or Lewin Nyatanga, Nolan surely has contacts within the game to be able to pull a few strings together.

• Content Count:  142
  • Days Won:  0

Give Hall and Duffy ago when he returns from injury, I wouldn't stress too much but there needs to be an improvement.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

I think both players can work but Hewitt needs to keep things simple.

Brisley is a great defender at this level, he was Mr Consistent last season and he will re-find that form. I think the issues more Duffy's lack of awareness and team coordination. Brisley is doing the role of two players, Duffy isn't a captain but the stick falls onto the shoulder of the weaker players who get noticed and criticised for it. 

• Content Count:  284

Having recently seen the highlights, I feel it shows how poor Fitzsimons is because he should have done better with all three goals. The final one, it was almost straight at him but he jumps and then starts flapping his arms.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

I think we need the solution sooner rather than later .. I’m not for dropping players unless required so I would give them time but time we don’t have a lot of. Duffy has come under fire but I think the whole defence should not just two or one. 

• Content Count:  235

It still amazes me how Richard Duffy escapes blame, he didn't organise or lead the defence yesterday.

Yes Shaun Brisley and Elliot Hewitt was poor, but Dan Jones left Brisley wide open and after going 2-1 down changes should have been made by Kevin Nolan.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

On 12/08/2018 at 11:14, ARLukomski said:

Brisley. Was at fault for all three goals yesterday.

i really do feel collin would have done better with the first and the last cambridge goal.

i think brisley has played well until now, duffy has some of the blame but nobody points it at him. hewitt can do better, he should leave it to vaughan to distribute the play and get his focus on winning the ball back.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Yes, Shaun Brisley played poorly and Elliot Hewitt didn't contribute much but these have been two of our best performers from last season.

I think @CliftonMagpie hits the nail on the head.

People don't see how wide Richard Duffy leaves Notts open, he can do well but he doesn't organise the defence that well in my opinion. I fail to see how Ross Fitzsimons escapes criticism for the way he played, he should have done better and I think the defence don't have the awareness we need right now and Fitzsimons doesn't have the confidence to be at his best.  

• Content Count:  537
  • Days Won:  1

Hewitt deserves to be given a chance but I would put Brisley on the bench against Yeovil.

See what Bird or Hall can do.

Neither player deserves that harsh words about them, they try and are in this league for a reason. If they was better, we wouldn't have either of them.

• Content Count:  474
  • Days Won:  6
  • 𝕏:  twitter OldNottsfan

It was an off day. Let’s accept it & move on. Cambridge are a bogey team, everyone has them. If we could have pulled off a win against Colchester no one would be too bothered.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,470
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Truefootballfan said:

It was an off day. Let’s accept it & move on. Cambridge are a bogey team, everyone has them. If we could have pulled off a win against Colchester no one would be too bothered.

I think some would be concerned about the goals that the club leaked, however if the defence didn't crumble and Notts pushed for a second it could have been much different. Fans just want to see the first three points on the table for Notts, hopefully they'll be earned against Yeovil.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  2

The squad has to be stronger as a team, it's okay blaming individuals but it's how they play as a team that matters.

Make the odd change, don't go over board and hopefully Kevin Nolan will tell each player in training what they can do to improve but it's a team game.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

4 hours ago, Truefootballfan said:

Notts goes again, so give them a chance to redeem themselves and if not. Then let them miss a game, Kevin Nolan can get the desired response without going all OTT.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Let's be fair, there are so many points that can be raised about mistakes but the only real solution is how to resolve them ASAP.

Dropping both players will knock their confidence, I would use the Boro game to mix things up and try to see who could possibly come into the game after Yeovil. I don't think Brisley or Hewitt are bad players despite some fans turning on them.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Two of the best performers from last season, so what's changed?

Why are they struggling after being such a fixture within the Notts squad? It seems odd that it would happen unless things have changed. Could it be a case of better players being around them? Is there more to it?

Archived