It’s time to stand behind the gaffer ...!!

Magic magpie

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

So we have had a one of the worst pre season and start to the seasons in a few years. But let’s look at this we have had a new team brought in new players which at the time everyone was getting excited they need time to gel that simple .. in my job I’ve needed time to gel with a team and vise versa. So if big Kevin leaves who would you rather have in his shoes? Cause I tell you now Friday night big Kevin went mad .. which after that inspired the lads off there own backs in for a extra training session yesterday morning and the word was unexceptable performence and Kevin’s words and the fans reaction sparked the lads. The match was awful I got mad I won’t lie but i never said Nolan out .. so Tuesday is the night is the spark we need because Nolan don’t won’t this to go down in flames he loves this town this club and fans so it’s time to get behind the gaffer .. or go see him and talk to him and I guarantee you will change your mind when you see the passion he has .... this is our lane Nolan is our Gaffer the lads are our team ... so let’s get behind them ..!!!! Cause I still feel this is our season ... for redemption 

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I would have to agree, if Notts fans really want promotion this season they MUST start supporting and give up whining about losing two of the three opening games.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Time indeed, Kevin Nolan has managed to turn things around in the past.

His refusal to play Jonathan Forte for example, once he realised he was wrong he corrected it and I think as an inexperienced manager he will be slightly stubborn but I think he now knows what must be done to fix things. Let's just try to get behind the club.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  363
  • Days Won:  0

Absolutely right, those wanting Nolan out are wanting the club and team to fail. Get behind them and be a proper supporter.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I want to see Kevin Nolan get the response, he has my support. I just expect better as would most fan.

It seems like PON is more open to giving KN the support he needs and the time to turn things around, so it was never in any doubt.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

Kevin Nolan will turn things around.

He doesn't seem the type of manager to be easy defeated, he will have the players reacting to what he instructs it will just take some time. I hope he acknowledges that Notts needs a stronger keeper between the sticks and if he got one in on loan I think things would start to improve.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

if notts beat newport fans might slowly start to come round, i am seeing the progress in performances and i just wished that more fans would try to encourage the club rather than play part in tearing it down.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,470
  • Days Won:  15

19 hours ago, Magic magpie said:

s is our lane Nolan is our Gaffer the lads are our team ... so let’s get behind them

Well said @Magic magpie.

Get behind the team, have a moan or a rant but support your club when it matters.

I’ll hand my seaon ticket in before Kevin leaves .. he may be our next jimmy and jack .. he falls we fall with him not against him if you don’t want to .. well ..!!!

1 hour ago, allardyces tash said:

Well said @Magic magpie.

Get behind the team, have a moan or a rant but support your club when it matters.

Love this club like you do mate 

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  688

It's too easy to get on the backs of the players and management, rather than remaining supportive.

People who want Kevin Nolan seriously fired should take a long hard look at their lives and get themselves sorted first.

8 minutes ago, themightymagpies said:

It's too easy to get on the backs of the players and management, rather than remaining supportive.

People who want Kevin Nolan seriously fired should take a long hard look at their lives and get themselves sorted first.

Most definitely mate 

• Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, Magic magpie said:

My mantra is never give up !! 

How did you feel seeing Notts thrashed at the time @Magic magpie? Welcome to life as a Notts.

I fully agree with you lad.

• Content Count:  1,904
  • Days Won:  17

i know i said on Friday night that i was glad the queue for Lincoln tickets was too long to queue in, before the game, today i wish we'd got the tickets, probably all gone now. COYP

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I’ll always support the manager and the club, I think the majority of fans support KN but as usual the minority shout loudest, glad to see a lot of fans on here are supportive.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

It’s way too early to be talking stupid yet. Admittedly its been a rubbish start, but give them a break? Hopefully it’ll turn around soon or th small minority may turn into a larger voice. I wont call for his had just yet. Not needed at this point. Support!

• Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

I don't want Nolan out (yet), but conversley I think it's nonsense to support him just because he's the current manager. For me, he has neither proved, nor disproved himself yet. There is no obligation to support either the club or the manager or individual players for that matter. If I go to the theatre, I feel free to applaud or criticise the actors, the stage set, the director, the producer depending on whether I feel I got value for money. Football is no different - although it often thinks it is. Nolan's diea of what constitutes a good defense at fourth division level is miles away from mine, so I feel able to criticise, as there is no right or wrong answer, merely opinion. No doubt he feels his opinion is better grounded in experience and knowledge than mine is, and I would agree with him. But that doesn't invalidate my opinion or negate my right to express it.

NCFC's current defence is slow and lacks height - that is the manager's fault.

On 20/08/2018 at 20:18, upthepies said:

How did you feel seeing Notts thrashed at the time @Magic magpie? Welcome to life as a Notts.

I fully agree with you lad.

It was pain full I won’t hide it 

• Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

At least we're now in a position where we are guaranteed to be in a new league next season...

13 minutes ago, ivansneck said:

At least we're now in a position where we are guaranteed to be in a new league next season...

still a long way to mate 

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

Kevin Nolan, I normally defend him. I'm a fan of his. BUT he needs to realise the defence needs shaping up. After losing 4-0 and shipping 10 goals in 3 games, he should of made more changes rather than change a striker. If he doesn't change the defence or way we play he deserves to go. He needs to realise the problem is our defence. He needs to rip the armband Duffy. 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  24

I like Nolan I don’t understand how his team has become so defensively inept. The one thing you can’t do in this league is make mistakes at the back allowing teams easy chances/goals. Every week watching EFL highlights our division has numerous defenders/goalkeepers making errors costing goals, last season that wasn’t Notts, this season on the other hand....

Last season we were deadly from set pieces so much so it was a major part of our game plan. This season any team who has a set piece in our half seems to look even deadlier. I just hope Nolan can steady the ship. 

• Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Something needs to change and quickly.

it may be early, but ...

It does happen...

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11744/11478795/gary-johnson-sacked-by-cheltenham-town-after-poor-start

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

@hissingdwarf I believe Hardy has faith in Nolan and will retain him as long as he can but he must make changes. 

Archived