Nathan Tyson joins Chesterfield on loan

Chris

Chesterfield have secured the loan signing of Nathan Tyson until end of the season.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2020/january/tyson-to-chesterfield-220120/

His body language the last few times that I have seen him, well, it told a story. I know he spoke to @NottsGeezer - he also told me that he wanted to be playing and felt 'disappointed' that he didn't get much game time after his injury. I hope this loan move works for him, as I thought he might consider hanging up his boots.

Good luck to him, I don't think his game time per minutes would have been attractive.

I don't blame him for wanting to play, in fact I wish him well. Likewise, I don't feel as if the club pushed him out. It's just a simple fact over the course of the season we have adapted and unfortunately he's fallen behind the pecking order. His injury will have something to do with it, as before it Tyson did play well but at 38-years-old we can afford to be choosy.

Sounds fair enough to me. It's natural and understandable that he wants game time, and with our other strikers all on or close to double figures, who would you drop to accommodate him?

Also, if one of them does get injured we can recall him at any time, and if he's had match practice he'll hopefully be a bit sharper.

With Cal Roberts' goalscoring record, I wonder if NA is thinking about playing him as a striker as an alternative up top?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived