notts with team building and team focused exercises

liampie

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,937
  • Days Won:  162

i think notts have looked better this season when we have played as a team, a comment shared by @Chris about what happens when new signings arrive has made realise some of this.

it might help is we focus on team building and focused team related exercises.

the squad isnt small, morale within the whole camp needs to balanced. notts have shown a lot of stuff showing that we are working hard as a club in training, but the instructions on the pitch seem to be largely centred around giving the ball to cal roberts now.

before it was enzio, its a lot of a burden but training on passes as a unit. defending together, without leaving everyone back could help put an end to the poor performances. it does seem to come about when we sign somebody new. it might be something that needs to be accepted but i am curious as to what fans think.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  537
  • Days Won:  1

It wouldn't harm, I think the majority is down to the tactics and lineup.

The poor performances could be pinned to the players not stepping to the plate, not listening to instructions or just not being good on the day. All of it comes back to Neal Ardley, he needs to be more hands on during games.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,910
  • Days Won:  5

I think every so many months, instead of a training day, the club gets together and does a team building exercise.

Issue with Notts they can train on something all week, but by time it comes to the weekend its forgotten or not remotely bothered with. Notts does well if they start bright but if its an ugly game a lot of the players just chill. They need to work at it.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

This is where I would say the benefits of having a proper reserve team comes into it.

Competitively, the occasional game isn't good enough. With a large squad and players in your team, they need to be playing to work past their form issues. Notts looked fine when things went the right way, when it turns difficult not enough roll their sleeves up and dig in. I do feel, a reserve team would add some depth and would help with team bonding.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,470
  • Days Won:  15

God knows what they do in training if Saturday is anything to go by, every time the official FB page mentions working hard in training we should expect a defeat.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I honestly wouldn't worry, football is like this and the squad seems to have a good level of morale.

If we can get a couple of unexpected results, things will lift naturally. I think the Chesterfield win is the prime example, Notts played out of their skin and that type of performance hasn't been consistently seen. We do have a few poor games, then meet an average but if I was the club - I would keep the fans on side.

That's all we really need.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  310
  • Days Won:  0

If Neal Ardley plays players in their right position and stops defending his friends, things will be fine.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  739
  • Days Won:  3

I believe Notts needs to work on breaking down teams as a unit, instead of certain players. There's too much reliance on Enzio and Roberts at the moment.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

They have played so much better and even with new players coming in alot they still manage to play as a team the majority of the time.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  387

Neal Ardley said he did his homework against Hartlepool but it doesn't seem to be the case.

He needs to come up with better game plans, I don't blame the players, I think he lacks clarity in his approach leading up to games. I'm not someone who wants Ardley out though.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

It could be the thing that helps right now, if you have a bit of poor form or the performances isn't up to scratch than having some bonding time could release some pressure.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

They have looked better this season. Definetly better together.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  688

I think the cup as taken some of the focus off the league, but I don't think it will have a big impact. Winning games breeds the confidence that lifts any performance and Notts shouldn't fear any team in this league.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

If we can go on a few wins, I think the confidence and team will rally behind each other. I don't expect to win every game, I feel it would just help to chase the playoffs.

Archived