Notts County Membership

Alex

Hello
Just wanted to donate some money to the club but did not find any "Membership" on the website.

As you know I am Evertonian (and I hope you remember my story and why Notts County) but I really like Notts County. And as Evertonian I am not sure if it's good idea to buy any club merch but Everton's. 

So what do you think if there are enough Notts supporters outside of Nottinghamshire or UK to provide Official Notts County Membership? Or it is there already and I just can't find it? 
Thanks 

I understand that purchasing merchandise is a good way of supporting the club, but in my case I think to support Notts through membership would be the best way.
I have Forrest fan friend and he told me he donated some money to Notts when it needed them most.

9 hours ago, allardyces tash said:

The club should do some form of overseas membership, I believe there are a lot of fans in Italy and other countries. Make them feel part of the club properly.

Definitely this I remember a few years ago there was a social media poll of overseas supporters and we were very high up in the poll appreciate its not the most accurate method survey but shows we have a large overseas supporter base and it’s a bit of an untapped market to make them feel part of the club 

The club runs a scheme called Lifeline, which is a members-only lottery that contributes money to the club. It's capped at 2500 members and is currently full. Maybe a kind of associate membership with no or different prizes would be an idea - for overseas fans and for those on the waiting list. 

3 minutes ago, DangerousSausage said:

The club runs a scheme called Lifeline, which is a members-only lottery that contributes money to the club. It's capped at 2500 members and is currently full. Maybe a kind of associate membership with no or different prizes would be an idea - for overseas fans and for those on the waiting list. 

The issue is the 2500 member limit, which is governed by small lottery laws - since it is technically gambling.

Fans have asked for a different scheme, as we now have a lot of people on the waiting list and, it is unlikely currently that anyone will drop off (unless financial reasons). Lynn Lawson and, the club could perhaps look at getting Lifeline a direct donation scheme (without prizes) but to issue random gifts to encourage fans to continue their support. Little gestures often go the furthest, as most people don't actually want things in return.

I'm aware the lottery laws are (rightly) quite restrictive, but an associate membership without prizes but with the proceeds going to the same places could avoid this. 

Of course, the question is whether it's really worth the hassle. Fans near Nottingham support the club by buying tickets, and most of those further afield buy merchandise instead. 

39 minutes ago, DangerousSausage said:

Of course, the question is whether it's really worth the hassle. Fans near Nottingham support the club by buying tickets, and most of those further afield buy merchandise instead. 

It would take the time of a dedicated staff member, who'd have to see the vision and, understand the benefits from trying something like this out. I personally believe a lot of italian Magpies would, I know of some in the past who have purchased season tickets without attending games - just one or two.

Some might just send a one off donation, others might be inclined to donate more on a regular basis.

The club did trial something after Notts won the most overseas fans within the Football League, I don't know what happened to this. It's probably a lot of work and, I get that. It reminds me of the Junior Magpies and how that has declined. The club looks at additional revenue streams, as I have attended fan related meetings in the past - where discussions have been had about catering and, other means.

I'm afraid it's not so practical in application, as good ideas fall wayward.

Archived