How do you feel right now about Notts performances and league position?

Chris

Notts are currently 5 points behind 1st place Boreham Wood after this past weekend's 1-0 victory over Grimsby Town.

The National League season so far has been at times unpredictable and, after the 3 defeats in a row, it did leave some questions to be asked by some supporters. However, confidence and form within the camp seems to be lifting - with some good and, predictably poor performances.

I think these types of results are something which will happen, yet Ian Burchnall does need to try to bring consistency to the performances - it should come with time.

I ask you, how do you feel right now? Do you feel Notts can crack on with the season now, or do you feel daunted by a tough run of fixtures coming up?

2uH3Wwi.jpg

I'm confident that if we can keep the squad and especially Cameron fit, then we will be strong enough to crack the top 3 again. We need a goalscorer, Roberts to find his form and Ruben to carry on what he is doing up front. If we have to cover injuries, do it with experienced loanees, rather than kids.

I don't think the fixtures coming up are any harder than the ones we have had, plus we haven't played the bottom 4/5 in the division yet and as I mentioned the other day, without injuries to Cameron and Rawlinson, I think we would be top or very near to it.

I'm looking for us to be around 4th in the table by the halfway point and hopefully still within 5 points of the top position. Strngthen a couple of positions for the second half of the season and have a real crack at finishing top. The key will be if the Burchnall football will still be as effective on the heavy winter pitches.

I think a little strengthening when the football leagues transfer window reopens would be a smart move, the squad does have a lot of quality but as the injuries shown we are a little weaker in areas. If Lewis Knight will be out for awhile, I think it would make perfect sense to bring in a proven striker in.

I am happy that things look to be on the up, but I am mindful that rough patches could come.

Winning as many games from here on, until December will say a lot about where the club is heading.

Would obviously like to be higher, but considering the way we have defended on occasions thankful to be where we are. Still think improvements are necessary, but do think we will get better. If we finish in a play off spot so be it, end of season lottery it is, though we are certainly capable of automatic promotion.

I think we are in a good place from what I’ve seen of this league so far early pace setters rarely last the distance I’d like to be sitting top 3 or 4 with a 2 or 3 point gap come Christmas then it’s time to hit top gear and go on that run as that’s the time the title winners seem to hit their stride 

I aim pleased Ian Burchnall navigated the defeats, whilst avoiding falling back on Michael Doyle. I believe this opened the door for Frank Vincent, who I would say has taken his chance and positively impacted the team.

Ed Francis is a fine player in the making, but he's just a little lightweight at times.

Vincent finding his way into the team, along with the return of key players has helped a lot. I think the club can build on this point, with the players looking like they're enjoying playing. Its important I feel to work a little harder in those games we struggle for possession.

This way we might grind out some more victories as Notts did against Grimsby.

Every season will have ups and downs unless we are at one end of that.

I wished some fans would have the patience to see better times, Notts are working towards solid foundations and I can see the promising signs. I am completely happy with how the season is going so far. It could be better, it might have been worse.

I’m quite happy with the start, the last 3 games have made up for the 3 straight losses. I don’t feel daunted, if anything I’m more encouraged now.

I think this team has a lot of potential, we have lots of young talented player here now – when was the last time we could genuinely say that? Cameron and Rawlinson are forming a good partnership, Taylor settling into the LB/LWB spot nicely, Palmer looking like the player we wanted Reeves to be and the other new boys like Nemane and Vincent are showing us a bit more of what they can do. Mitchell and Francis next please!

I understand the worry after the 3 defeats, it looked like something had given way and Notts needed to work hard to overcome that.

I wasn't one of those fans worrying about the defeats, but as I say I could understand the logical fans [not the usual meltdown responses]. The way the club navigated their way through it, whilst bring back players like Kyle Cameron, which attached a risk of seeing be ruled out was the right way. We didn't just throw him in, or rush it but I am happy with how results are progressing. I think if Notts could bridge the gap with however is top of the league, more belief will follow and then who knows?

It's not that I expect or feel we will win the league, but at the same time it could happen.

Myself, I take games by games but I love the passion shown by the gaffer.

even though notts have dropped down a space due to a game being played in between the original post, i think notts are performing better than stockport and wrexham. it would be nice to be as high as chesterfield and i think that may come with time. the progress has been very good, i just think we need to pick more points up away from home and at meadow lane just continue to give steady performances.

i feel good about the depth in main areas but i think brennan does need replacing now hes been recalled.

It's a crucial period coming up for Notts, I will feel happier if we can move onto 4th and still be a few points away from the top. As we have seen a few wins can change the perspective, but I am mindful about other tough patches.

Ian Burchnall looks like the real deal, but more needs to be done to bring out a consistent level of performances.

Archived