Congratulations Wrexham

DangerousSausage

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,506
  • Days Won:  287

It kind of sticks in the craw to say it because I wish it could have been us, but I'd like to congratulate any Wrexham lurkers on winning promotion yesterday.

Yes, they've spent a lot of money, but money alone doesn't buy you the kind of sheer determination, guts and consistency you need to get 110 points in a season. They've done a lot right. They've also been out of the Football League for far too long. Shame they didn't win the play-offs last season, but that's life.

Here's hoping we can join them next season and settle a few scores!

• Like 9
  • Love 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Congratulations to Wrexham on winning the title! Both teams have pushed each other throughout the season and without that close rivalry, it might have been a different story. This season has been incredible and it’s been amazing to see both teams perform at their best.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  744
  • Days Won:  3

Yes, congratulations to Wrexham for their historic return to the Football League. They have been the type of rivals that only brings the best out of those good enough to compete for the title. This league tends to be a one team run away, so it’s refreshing to see that Notts and Wrexham has gone toe to toe all season. A true battle of the titans.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,713
  • Days Won:  36

Congratulations deserved as they have earnt it over the course of a gruelling season. Spent a lot of money (which they can afford to do) on players too good for this division but it has worked out well for them. Gutted it wasn't us, but you can't fault them as they have set a new record by some distance. It is just a travesty that the one year that Notts have produced such an amazing team, one team has proven themselves to be (a fraction) better.

• Like 6

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

congratulations to wrexham for winning the national and securing their return back to the football league. i wish you all the best in your future endeavours and hope to play against you again in the near future.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,367
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I have no problem wishing Wrexham and their dedicated fans all the best, despite their challenges both on and off the field. It's for that reason why I don't feel any envy. Both us and them gave the National League a good, solid fight for once, and although we have had some terrible decisions against us that no doubt caused Notts to fall short. That's what football is and, at this level you really just want to enjoy the good seasons whilst they last.

Credit to Wrexham for continuing and not giving up before Notts lost to Dagenham & Redbridge at home.

Some of their players truly deserve the success, so with that in mind, I want to wish Wrexham all the best. It's a truly amazing story that the two of our clubs have told and I wish you well with your journey next season in League Two.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  4,789
  • Days Won:  27

It seems like the rivalry between Notts County and Wrexham has died down for most fans. We were beaten to the title because Wrexham held their own in those key stages when it mattered. I want to congratulate them and wish them well in League Two. I hope we get to play them in the next campaign, and I don’t mean in a cup game. It would be great to see our teams go head-to-head again.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  81
  • Days Won:  4

Wrexham is still partying like it’s 1999, and I don’t blame them. Boreham Wood almost made us sweat till the last minute, but we pulled it off. Ben Foster got schooled by a cheeky lob for the first goal. Poor guy. He should ask Jack for some of those magic beans he traded for his cow. Maybe then he could reach the ball. I’m sure, I’m not the only one who thinks this, but Notts County has been a class act all season. The media keeps using the word classy’, but I think, truth be said Notts deserves that and a whole lot more than that. They’re awesome. Good luck with the playoffs, guys. You deserve to go up more than anyone else. Just believe in yourselves and make it happen!

• Like 6
  • Love 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

This season, both Wrexham and Notts have proven to be too strong for the league. Wrexham deserves recognition for securing the National League title by defeating us and later cementing their victory with a 3-1 win over Boreham Wood. Under the Hollywood dream, they have successfully transitioned and distinguished themselves from other clubs like Salford, who appear to believe they are entitled to more success than they have earned. Wrexham’s success is a result of their hard work and determination.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  5,506
  • Days Won:  287

It'll be interesting to see where their journey goes in the years to come. They're not the first club to have benefitted from a bit of showbiz stardust - Watford were in the fourth division when Elton John took over and appointed Graham Taylor as manager. He took them almost to the very top, finishing as runners-up to Liverpool. He's long gone now, but he changed that club's fortunes for good - they've remained in the top two divisions virtually ever since. I wonder if Wrexham have something similar to look forward to.

Either way, they're not our problem any more. For this season at least :D

• Like 3

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,514
  • Days Won:  15

I'd like to extend my heartfelt congratulations to Wrexham on their remarkable triumph in the 2022-23 National League campaign! The team's outstanding performance is a testament to their hard work, dedication, and skill, from the players to the coaching staff and everyone behind the scenes.

Wrexham has truly proved themselves to be a formidable team this season, with their consistent displays, attacking flair, and never-give-up spirit being a joy to watch. They have demonstrated that they have the ability to compete at the highest level, and this title win is a fitting recognition of their efforts.

Credit must also go to the fans of Wrexham, whose unwavering support has undoubtedly played a part in driving the team forward to this momentous achievement.

I offer my sincerest congratulations once again to Wrexham on their National League title win. It's a victory that will be remembered for years to come, and I wish them all the best for the future as they continue to achieve great things.

@DangerousSausage In the era of Mohamed Al Fayed, Fulham recruited talent from the old First Division and Premier League under the leadership of Kevin Keegan, and managed to elevate their position from what is currently known as League One (the old Second Division).

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

Although I haven’t experienced much success from Notts County, the few good seasons where we are in the promotion places are amazing. It hurts that Wrexham beat us at their ground, but it doesn’t change anything. I said I wouldn’t be negative about the defeat and that it needed to be accepted. With this in mind, I congratulate Wrexham for winning the league title. I wish them all the success in the future, just not against Notts. I hope they manage to return to the Championship. If Gareth Bale signs for them, that would be insane!

• Like 1

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,489
  • Days Won:  5

Both Wrexham and our team gave it their all and made the National League more thrilling than anyone could have anticipated. Despite the challenges faced by both teams this season, we were able to dig deep and achieve results even when the other team was doing well. I commend Wrexham for their incredible season and for winning the title.

• Like 2

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,557
  • Days Won:  9

Wrexham has been a formidable opponent throughout the season. If they weren’t in the league, Notts would have been crowned champions, which would have been amazing. However, I have no problem congratulating Wrexham and their fans. It’s heartening to see that many Wrexham supporters have expressed their hope that we will be promoted.

• Like 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,371
  • Days Won:  1

I am happy to congratulate any team that earns more points than us, regardless of any rivalry. Congratulations to Wrexham for being promoted back to the Football League. I hope their Hollywood owners’ investment benefits the local area and encourages more children to play football. While I wish it could have been us, I cannot be bitter when another team achieves something as amazing as we have.

• Love 2