Latest rumours

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,759
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

According to the latest rumours Nemane is going to either Portsmouth or Cardiff and Cameron is going to Stockport.

Anyone else a bit worried by the lack of news regarding new contracts being signed, I sincerely hope we don’t see most of the side being lured away, I believe we have a real chance of back to back promotions if we keep most of our core players.

• Like 9

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,742
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

I would be looking at this (excluding Wrexham players) as a good source for recruitment , if we lose some of our "stars"

• Like 5

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

I'm not surprised Nemane is attracting interest. His pace would be tricky to replace, but it might be an opportunity to bring in a more natural wing back as we were quite lop sided at times. It would be great if Rodders stayed, but if now we've got a ready-made replacement.

I'd be disappointed if Cameron left for a rival, but we don't know that yet. He probably has got offers on the table, but Stockport can no longer offer L1 football.

Many players are on holiday right now, and after that they'll want to sit down with their agents before signing a contract. For some it'll probably be a formality. Others might want to wait and see what offers they get, but that doesn't mean they'll take them. Sausage says relax! 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  2

I think we were always going to attract attention given the nature of the football we play and that, compared to Wrexham at least, we have a lower budget and so would be more likely to be open to offers. That said, the recruitment has been spot on so far and I would be surprised if ready made replacements aren't on on the radar (no pun intended) for all the potential leavers. 

We have TAR for Nemane, Boston and Austin for Rodders, Scott for Langstaff already. I am also sure that we are looking to strengthen other areas anyway. 

What would be disappointing is if anyone goes to another L2 rival as that shows a lack of ambition in their part... which doesn't strike me as being consistent with the behaviors we've seen on the pitch all season. 

I also suspect that the search has begun for Luke Williams successor as a good start to next season will put him firmly in the frame for a bigger role once the new seasons sackings start... if he's not already there. 

Anyway, I think whatever happens we will be fine. 

Blimey that was long... sorry!!

• Like 7

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Well, I have been told one person who hasn't been announced yet has agreed a new deal. I'm hoping he can help get the job done next season, as we need to exile our past demons.

I don't think Kyle Cameron will leave.

I'm a bit worried about Aaron Nemane after hearing about the interest from Portsmouth.

Cal Robers has been teasing fans on social media, something our fan base can't seem to take without exploding. At least he's encouraging Ruben Rodrigues to sign our offer.

• Like 9

I'm not sure joining Stockport would be lacking in ambition @Ohh Tommy Johnson, they're clearly going places. But it would show that the player sees them as a better bet than us, which would be disappointing. We should bear in mind that any offer was probably submitted before the bank holiday weekend, when they still had a chance of going up. Their defeat against Carlisle won't have helped their chances of nicking our players.

But this is all paper talk and really isn't worth worrying about. 

• Like 5

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  74
  • Days Won:  6

Don't know if this means anything or not, but the players who haven't yet re-signed can go if they show a lack of commitment as it seems as if they're holding out for offers. Palmer is the best player we have and signed an extension without knowing which division we'd be in. Same with Chicksen. I can live without those on the fence, replaceable with our recruitment expertise. I can't seriously see a team as high as Portsmouth wanting Nemane. We dominated almost every game last season yet his stats show 9 goal involvements all season? I'm not saying I want him to go, but would think Portsmouth would want a better player.

• Like 4

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  493
  • Days Won:  1

I understand that it may seem like some players aren't as dedicated, but I reckon they're just taking a break from football. It's normal for a few to wait for better deals, which can provide more comfort for their families. Adam Chicksen may have delayed his agreement, but his situation could be unlike the others. I'm quietly confident that most, if not all, will sign on again.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  502

@DangerousSausage they may be, but right now are they any better proposition than us? We are going places too. I would say we are very much on a par, or just behind.  They don't really represent a clear step up.  That said, you are right, the interest probably came when they had a chance of going up, and if that had happened they would have been a clear v benefit in the move.  

• Like 6

• Content Count:  4,719
  • Days Won:  27

I believe Notts are a bit more appealing than Stockport County. Our team's got a solid connection among the players and staff, and the recent promotion has given us a good boost. Stockport, on the other hand, didn't make it, so other clubs might fancy nicking their top players. I'd say a player would be more tempted to jump ship over there because they didn't get promoted.

We're lucky not to have that worry, but I believe our club should make clear what they're aiming for. If we show ambition of going for another promotion, I reckon those lads offered new contracts would be more eager to join.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Simon Clark said:

Don't know if this means anything or not, but the players who haven't yet re-signed can go if they show a lack of commitment as it seems as if they're holding out for offers.

Slow down, it's still May! 😉 Most of our squad will still be on the beach. If they're still nowhere to be seen this time next month, then they probably are waiting for something better, but it's too early to judge.

I've heard that Bostock left Doncaster because he was angling for something better - turned out to be their loss and our gain. Cameron and The Man signed from a team in the same division as us. So it's swings and roundabouts - we probably will lose a player or two, but we'll also be in for players out of contract elsewhere. I trust the recruitment team to keep developing and improving the team. 

We've still got to adjust to life in League Two again and Stockport are a year ahead of us in that respect @Ohh Tommy Johnson. And they've got loads of money. But without League One football, they're hopefully a less appealing prospect. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

• Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

i think its jim who will be announced next, along with kyle cameron. at least i hope so.

i can understand why aaron nemane is attracting interest, as i do with ruben rodrigues. kyle cameron is a bit more puzzling because although he does well. he can be clumsy and does create a lot of issues. when hes focused, hes superb but usually he always creates more headaches by his advanced position.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  1,053
  • Days Won:  54

I was chatting about this today funnily enough, I'm not too worried. I won't be surprised if one or two go but it's been mentioned before the recruitment team have plans in place if it does happen.

I think our players getting linked with teams higher up the divisions is just something we’re going to have to get used to now. It’s inevitable when you have a recruitment system that signs great players! And as sad is it is to lose players like Wootton and Roberts (and hear about current players potentially going) it’s a better place to be in than how we used to operate, release 10 players at the end of a season only to sign another 10 players who would suffer the same fate a few years later…

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,456
  • Days Won:  15

Yes, I think there are a lot of places that spread and share false information. It’s not useful or entertaining. Discussing rumours can be interesting on a site like PON, but as I say, the sources of these tend to be vague. I don’t think many of the remaining players will leave; the biggest concern is Ruben Rodrigues and I hope he would give us at least one more year to see.

• Like 4

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,885
  • Days Won:  5

I think there’s truth in the Aaron Nemane story. I don’t think there’s as much in the others as there’s little being said. The thing about Nemane is he’s getting a lot of features in their paper and it’s almost bordering on expectations of signing him from their perspective. Doing a feature on who he is, where he’s been and all the others just seems like they’re welcoming him.

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,449
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

The rumours are intriguing, especially since it’s been quiet on the Notts front. The club does a good job of keeping their recruitment under wraps, leaving us to speculate about potential departures.

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

It is intriguing to learn from Leigh Curtis that Derby County have been scouting the Non-League scene, particularly casting an eye over the talented Ruben Rodrigues. While it may not come as a complete surprise that Derby have been monitoring him, the question of their level of commitment to pursuing Rodrigues remains rather ambiguous. As you rightly pointed out, a few noncommittal remarks don't necessarily imply that negotiations are currently underway. In a separate development, it appears that Notts County is intent on securing Aaron Nemane's services, offering him a more competitive wage package in a bid to stave off interest from other clubs, including rumoured rival Bolton. This demonstrates Notts County's proactive approach to retaining their key players as they look to bolster the squad's overall quality and depth.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1,086

There are rumours circulating that Ruben is leaving Notts for Derby. Some Notts accounts have tweeted about it, but one notorious account has since deleted their tweet. It’s difficult to know what to make of these rumours. Many people seem to be talking out of where the sun doesn’t shine. We’ll have to wait for official confirmation before we know for sure.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,276
  • Days Won:  69

22 hours ago, AmericanPie said:

It is intriguing to learn from Leigh Curtis that Derby County have been scouting the Non-League scene, particularly casting an eye over the talented Ruben Rodrigues. While it may not come as a complete surprise that Derby have been monitoring him, the question of their level of commitment to pursuing Rodrigues remains rather ambiguous. As you rightly pointed out, a few noncommittal remarks don't necessarily imply that negotiations are currently underway. In a separate development, it appears that Notts County is intent on securing Aaron Nemane's services, offering him a more competitive wage package in a bid to stave off interest from other clubs, including rumoured rival Bolton. This demonstrates Notts County's proactive approach to retaining their key players as they look to bolster the squad's overall quality and depth.

27 minutes ago, NottsTastic said:

There are rumours circulating that Ruben is leaving Notts for Derby. Some Notts accounts have tweeted about it, but one notorious account has since deleted their tweet. It’s difficult to know what to make of these rumours. Many people seem to be talking out of where the sun doesn’t shine. We’ll have to wait for official confirmation before we know for sure.

All these rumours amuse and annoy me.The reporters plant an idea in the readers inquisitive and insecure mind in one paragraph and later point out that the player involved is actually away on holiday .Which part of the report sinks into the readers mind?I've read that my team have 'an interest' in Reuben and also that Notts 'are interested' in David McGoldrick,  as neither have signed yet.There may or may not be truth in the rumours but the fact still remains that the players are away from their clubs at the moment

• Content Count:  10,759
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

@super_ram yes of course it’s all speculation and in some cases folk will be putting two and two together and making five but it gives us something to talk about during the boring close season.

• Like 1

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,276
  • Days Won:  69

Agreed  @Fan of Big Tone ,it's not the speculation that annoys me but what fans read into reports .Some fans interpretation of a report are pure fantasy.Thankfully we don't get that here.... Well, not so much.:angel:

• Like 1

• Content Count:  381
  • Days Won:  0

Rumours suggest that Aaron Nemane will join Portsmouth and Ruben Rodrigues is leaving, but not to Derby as Leigh Curtis has suggested with his so-called ‘pearls of wisdom’.

• Haha 1

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

These people who are supposed to know everything don't seem to know when the deals will be finalised. But I think I know the reason, let's just say it's ironic. Personally, I think the longer Ruben takes to make his decision, the more time we have to persuade him to stay. But hey, I'm just a young teenager, what do I know?