Rawlinson signs new contract

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Was this who you hinted at earlier @Chris?

Influential defender Connell Rawlinson has accepted our offer of a two-year contract.

The 31-year-old is one of our longest-serving players, having joined in 2019 ahead of our first season in the National League.

His heart-on-the-sleeve approach has been evident ever since his arrival and our board of directors, together with Luke Williams, had no hesitation in offering him the opportunity to be part of the club’s next chapter.

A statement reads: “We have huge respect for Connell’s qualities, both as a player and person, and we’re delighted he’s staying with us.

"We've seen him evolve over the years and adapt brilliantly to new roles and responsibilities.

“He was a key player for us in what proved to be one of the best seasons in our recent history and has experience of League Two from his time at Port Vale, so we have every confidence he can continue to make a very positive contribution with his performances.

“Away from the field, we believe Connell’s excellent relationship with our supporters and deeply engrained understanding of the club and its culture are extremely valuable.

“Everyone could see how much our victory at Wembley meant to him and we really appreciate his passion, loyalty and commitment.”

• Like 15

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,300
  • Days Won:  69

Another piece in place.

• Like 8

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

I must commend Notts County for offering Connell Rawlinson a 2-year-deal. His experience and strong character suit us just right. I understand some people doubt his pace, but I'm over the moon he's staying on. I believe he'll make a great contribution to the upcoming season. Well played, Notts!

• Like 15

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,466
  • Days Won:  5

This news is fantastic! The announcement has left me feeling extremely hopeful about the other players! 

However, my excitement doesn't end here. I'm eagerly awaiting any news about other players as well. I hope Notts County continues to surprise its fans with more good news in the future. 

So, hats off to Notts County for this brilliant update. It's definitely a boost for the fans, and we can't wait for the upcoming season!

• Like 12

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  387
  • Days Won:  0

This is excellent news! Although, I must say, my happiness will increase once I hear about more players signing with Notts County. Despite that, hearing about Connell Rawlinson's commitment to the team has left me feeling excited about the season ahead.

I'm glad to see that Notts County is taking such bold steps towards strengthening their squad. I hope to hear more positive news about other players soon. Nonetheless, I'm confident and excited about the upcoming season with this good news in hand.

• Like 7

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm pleased Connell Rawlinson has committed, I think with the right support he and the club can prove it was a good decision. Personally, I think he earned the renewal, even though when we first discussed the out of contracted players, I said we could afford to release him. I felt after those comments, he shown why we could do with his experience.

2 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Was this who you hinted at earlier @Chris?

No, I can't say it is. 😊

• Like 14

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

i am glad connell rawlinson has signed a new deal, i felt a bit surprised by the length. i thought it would be a year but i think rawlinson is worth it. it gives the player and club the length to focus more on the performances and he can do incredibly well. hes about the only defender we have who puts his body in the way without flinching or being afraid to do go fully in. kyle cameron and aden baldwin both show fear which is understandable.

• Like 11

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,062
  • Days Won:  54

Very pleased and well deserved. He's a top professional, can imagine he's one of those keeping high standards for the younger players and next batch of new players.

I'm with @CliftonMagpie I don't think Rawlinson is a slow as people make out. It doesn't help when you play either side of Baldwin and Nemane who are both pretty rapid too.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

I’m pleased that Connell Rawlinson has agreed to a new deal. Signing for 2 years shows commitment from both the club and player. Rawlinson has a role within the club and can return to his best with support.

• Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Connell Rawlinson is a brilliant experienced player. His passion and fight aren’t easy to replace. Younger legs could be useful, but having someone who will and can run through brick walls is equally important. I actually think his passing has improved; people said he just lumps it, but he’s adapted well to Luke Williams’ instructions on how he envisions Rawlinson playing.

• Like 8

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

@menzinho I thought Aaron Nemane made Connell Rawlinson appear weaker against Wrexham. He was covering for two players, and after that match, Nemane seemed to have improved significantly. I know some fans blame Rawlinson for Chesterfield’s second goal, but that was a difficult situation. A faster player will always have the advantage and can easily put a defender on the wrong foot. I think most defenders would have struggled to prevent the goal without committing a foul.

• Like 8

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  561
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

Connelly Rawlinson's experience and willingness to put the team first make him an invaluable asset to Notts County. As a central defender, he has shown time and again that he is capable of providing leadership on and off the pitch, making crucial tackles and organising his teammates to ensure that the opposition is kept at bay. Rawlinson's experience also means that he is ideally placed to provide guidance and mentorship to younger members of the squad, particularly those in the same position of central defender. By sharing his knowledge and expertise, he can help to shape the careers of promising young players and ultimately create a stronger and more competitive team. If Kyle Cameron, another young CB, extends his stay at the club, there is no doubt that Rawlinson's guidance would be invaluable in helping him to progress and develop as a player. It's encouraging to see players like Rawlinson who truly embody the spirit of teamwork, and who are willing to work hard to ensure that their team reaches its full potential.

• Like 6

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  495
  • Days Won:  1

A dependable and committed option, he consistently gives his all. As someone who passionately embodies the black and white spirit, it is truly exciting to witness his continued presence. His unwavering loyalty makes him a reliable choice, and his dedication to the cause ensures a steadfast performance.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  101
  • Days Won:  0

It's absolutely brilliant to see that Connell Rawlinson is staying put at Notts! His commitment and skill have been a crucial asset to the team, and I'm chuffed to bits that he'll continue to represent our club. Looking forward to seeing his incredible performances on the pitch in the upcoming season. Go on, Connell – keep making us proud!

It's absolutely brilliant to see that Connell Rawlinson is staying put at Notts! His commitment and skill have been a crucial asset to the team, and I'm chuffed to bits that he'll continue to represent our club. Looking forward to seeing his incredible performances on the pitch in the upcoming season. Go on, Connell – keep making us proud!

• Like 5

• Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  4

Good to see he is staying with us, he seems to be notts through and through and his defensive prowess should help greatly.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  1,355

Connell Rawlinson should be perfectly fine in League Two. He has the experience and desire to succeed. As a player who is happy to play when required, he makes a great rotational option. If his form warrants it, I am sure he will start more.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  531

Connell Rawlinson is a good guy who doesn’t deserve some of the criticism he receives. All players make mistakes from time to time. Personally, I would rather have Rawlinson on my team than Harry Maguire, who seems to make mistakes virtually every game!

• Like 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  741
  • Days Won:  2

The news that Connell Rawlinson has signed a two-year deal is fantastic for the club. It provides much-needed stability in defence and having players who are familiar with each other is a huge positive. Connell always puts in maximum effort and was more consistent when he was a regular starter than when he was filling in as needed. I have full confidence in his ability.

• Like 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Rawlinson has undoubtedly added strength to the defence, and this will no doubt pay dividends as the season progresses. As many have noted, maintaining a solid backline is key to success, and Rawlinson's experience and ability will certainly help in achieving this. It is also encouraging to see support for Connell, who undoubtedly needs additional support to thrive on the pitch. It is crucial to remember that football is a team sport, and individual players can only do so much without the backing of their teammates.