Southend immediate 10 pts deduction

Piethagoram

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Oh dear poor Southend it never rains but what it pours, you’ve got to feel for their supporters.

• Sad 9

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  210
  • Days Won:  0

You have to feel sorry for their fans; it’s terrible news and something that has seemed likely for some time. Worse could happen, unfortunately, it says it all about the state of the game and owners who aren’t in it for the passion.

• Sad 9

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

I'm sharing the Southend fans hurt.Terrible news for them.

• Sad 10

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i think its horrible the position they are in, we have been there and the point deduction wont effect them too badly fingers crossed. i wish them well, i hope southend manages to get their own out of the club.

• Like 6

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

Awful news. League position is almost irrelevant to them now, they've got one more chance to pay before the lights go out. I hope a buyer emerges from somewhere.

Ron Martin is willing to sell the club for a pound, the sticking point is that he owns the stadium and training ground as well and wants a lot of money for them. 

• Sad 8

• Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  1

I fear Southend will be the next team to fade and die. I really hope it’s not the case, and I wish them all the very best.

• Sad 5

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  686

It’s grim at Southend, but we aren’t seeing as much coverage in the news as we had with Bury and other clubs that were struggling. For example, when Bolton had issues, it was a big story, but all clubs in this situation are newsworthy. I hope their owner sells up and that the club can move on.

• Sad 7

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I didn't like how their fans acted towards us last season; I thought they were pretty ignorant, but I wouldn't wish them harm.

I hate reading about teams struggling, and although we have touched upon previous issues of theirs, I will always wish them well. As in football, most clubs have been where they are and it's not nice. I won't even say that the situation is a wake-up call for them, as it's not, and it's the fans who always suffer. I hope they can overcome it, but it seems slimmer and slimmer. Their current owner sounds like a right kn**.

Karma will get him eventually, there's no way it won't.

• Sad 6

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,772
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Am concerned that if true, the land for stadium and training ground, could be worth more for housing than for a football club. Pray for the supporters

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  574
  • Days Won:  2

I am aware that Southend is in a mess, and there were comments last season about them needing to sell players. I do not like seeing any team struggle, but that is the extent of my knowledge. I do not know much about their owner or why he has decided to stop investing in the club. He should, at the very least, pay the bills and wages.

• Sad 6

• Content Count:  225

All the best to Southend. It does appear that their lights may end up being switched off, but the club should reform and come back stronger. It’s a terrible thought, but that reset can be the thing that propels clubs into becoming stronger. Their owner does seem like someone who should never have been approved to own a football club.

• Like 4

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

I’m holding out hope for Southend to achieve a miracle; it would indeed be regrettable to witness them suffer a fate similar to Bury’s.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  381

I feel for Southend fans. We have been here many times, and I hope they come out stronger from this in the long run.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  419

I can’t say I know a lot about inner workings of Southend, yet it seems they are on the verge of folding. I think it’s terrible, I think the threat of any actions from the National League should come once the court outcome is finalised. Otherwise it just seems pointless, but I hope they manage to get a lifeline.

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Grim days for Southend; their lights might be getting turned off, and I don’t mean this insincerely. It would be horrible to see it happen.

• Like 1

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

Dark times at Southend but I never understood why clubs are punished like this when it's down to poor ownership. The club and the fans are suffering due to it. 

• Love 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Not good times for their fans like other of other clubs in the past few years. It happens though and i'm sure they've known about it for awhile, just depends if the owners actually cared.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  280

Good luck to Southend; it’s not an easy situation, but I do hope it can be overcome. With the right owner, they should be able to kick on, but it’s finding that person.

• Love 1