Match Discussion: Game 23 - The Hatters (A)

PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,243
  • Days Won:  80

Game 23 - The Hatters (A)

Team: Stockport County

Date: 22/12/2023

Where: Edgeley Park

What line-up should Luke Williams opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Like 4

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,684
  • Days Won:  27

I miss the feeling of potential victory, as now it seems like we’re destined to lose, and I have a feeling it will be due to our own mistakes. Stockport County could have a great game against us if we don’t show up or play our best. I would have predicted a draw before our recent form, but now I feel they will win. They have everything in their favour, and we’re still in a slump with no signs of getting better.

• Like 15
  • Love 2
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

its going to be interesting to see how we do against a team in far better form.

a good result could give us no end of confidence but on the other hand, a heavy defeat could cause further complications. i dont expect to win, so i think i would take a draw. hopefully the players are feeling more ambitious as our away games seems unlikely to see where the next win will come. 

• Like 10

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,856
  • Days Won:  5

I’m scared of losing, and so would most people given how well Stockport County are performing. It would be fantastic to achieve something, and I agree it could boost our confidence. I don’t think we need to fret if we lose, but hopefully, we’ll see signs of progress and determination.

• Like 16

• Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Well for obvious reasons this will be a very difficult game, I am hoping for a good performance even if we lose, a draw would be a bonus and a win….. well…. I might just run round the room naked with my underpants on my head, I’d draw the curtains first though. :rollonfloorlaughing:

I hope you manage to get that picture out of your head. :joker:

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Days Won:  15

If Notts can somehow score first, that would be a good thing. Usually, that alone boosts our players’ confidence. I don’t have high hopes for the game, I think it’s hard to believe we will win. At the same time, I hope they don’t find it easy to break us down because that would be an extra setback that will make it harder to recover from. The team just needs to work hard and try to get through the game as best as they can.

• Like 17

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  1

We were horrible playing from behind last game. I don`t think this is the game to suddenly change that. Hopefully there will be a slightly different approach to this game or it might get ugly.

• Like 8

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  269

Ideally, we need a positive result. There was a time earlier in the season when I thought we could get something from this game, but we’re currently lacking in many areas. If Stockport play to their potential, it could be quite a spectacle for them. A bit of spirit and fight would be welcome, as would avoiding self-destruction. But the most important thing is to strive for the best possible outcome.

• Like 14

• Content Count:  448
  • Days Won:  2

A big salute to all the fans who have attended every away game this season. They truly deserve some joy. We shouldn’t entirely dismiss our chances. All we need is to score a goal and prevent them from doing the same. It might seem unlikely, but we have players who can find the back of the net. If we can bring a positive approach to the game and defend well, anything is possible.

• Like 9

• Content Count:  128
  • Days Won:  0

Let’s avoid conceding unnecessary goals. Losing to Stockport County isn’t a big deal as long as we conduct ourselves well and put up a good fight.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Stockport's confidence is sky high at the moment. They have been playing well. That 8-0 win against Sutton could easily have been 10 or 11. Notts have lost their way. There's a game plan but the players don't seem to have any confidence in it. I'd imagine a home win will be the first entry on many betting slips this weekend and you can understand why.

• Like 11

• Content Count:  10

Just a question of how many  3/4 nile that would probably be a good result for notts the way things are at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,102

I fully trust that King Williams can guide us through this rough patch and deliver a strong performance against Stockport County. That’s what we need. If Stockport enters the game thinking it’ll be easy, it could work in our favour, as I can see some teams underestimating us as we have done with others. Let’s hope for a win before Christmas!

• Like 9

• Content Count:  1,069

Be prepared to brace yourself if things take a turn for the worse. Social media might become a negative space and I believe we should avoid that at all costs. Here’s hoping for a draw, but a win would be great. Sometimes you have to be bold and hope it works out, even though I’m not expecting much.

• Like 7

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's going to be interesting, our support hasn't faulted and still continues to sell-out what allocation we get. I hope for the travelling fans that effort is put in and that they have something pleasing to show for the journey.

We know what Kyle Wootton is all about.

Yet they have a squad full of good talent, and they aren't lacking attacking options. I think we need to get a feel of the game before we even remotely think of bringing the ball back. That just adds pressure onto us from the start; we need to get natural movement and work at creating chances at the other hand. If our midfield can hold onto the ball and use it well, we have the players who can turn the tide at the other end.

I'm just worried that Stockport are in such fine form, with all of their attacking options. It will make Notts lack the confidence to apply themselves, and we really should be making teams work harder to get results against us.

18 hours ago, Nay123 said:

Just a question of how many  3/4 nile that would probably be a good result for notts the way things are at the moment.

It's not worth thinking about, Nay. Hopefully Notts can make it much harder for them than we have made it easy for others.

• Like 9

• Content Count:  92

It’s a challenging forecast to make, given Stockport County’s impressive form and our recent setbacks in the past dozen games or so. Writing ourselves off entirely stems more from the frustration and disappointment of defeat. If we can set aside certain key issues, Notts has the potential to compete with any team in this league, and the game’s outcome will ultimately depend on who performs better. If we seize the opportunities, Notts could secure a significant and commendable victory. A loss, however, would perpetuate this downward trend that seems nearly insurmountable, particularly in away games. Luke Williams and the team certainly have the ability to hold their own against any opponent.

• Like 9

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,483
  • Days Won:  9

If Notts can maintain their formation and effectively pass the ball, I believe we have a good chance of proving the doubters wrong. The problem is that the recent games have hit us hard, and our reaction hasn’t been strong enough. I suspect Stockport fans are feeling as confident as we did during our winning streak, so I hope we can replicate our performance against Walsall, doing just enough to secure the points. Dan Crowley, David McGoldrick, and Jodi Jones will all be key players.

However, Luke Williams is correct in saying that we shouldn’t solely focus on defence, as that would invite defeat. We need to adopt an offensive strategy and work together as a team.

• Like 8

• Content Count:  123

It’s encouraging to hear that Kyle Cameron is available for selection. I hope he returns with the determination to lead the defence as we know he’s capable of. A strong partnership could form between him and Aden Baldwin if they communicate effectively and make sound decisions under pressure.

• Like 6

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  534

Let’s not admit defeat before the game even starts. Our performance could turn around at any time, and I’m confident the players will give their all. I’m not intimidated by Stockport County; they haven’t faced us yet and don’t know what we’re capable of.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

• Content Count:  76

There's no denying that our upcoming match against Stockport will be a tough one. However, I'm confident that Notts possesses the capability to leave a lasting impression. Our recent performances haven't been up to par, making it all the more important for us to respond with determination and speed. We must capitalise on our strong points, draw lessons from our previous matches, and strive for a powerful display.

In light of our current form, securing a draw would be a noteworthy achievement. It would not only put an end to our recent downturn but also uplift the team's spirit. It's essential to remember that each match presents a fresh chance to improve. With a positive attitude, we have the power to alter our course. So, let's remain optimistic and anticipate the best outcome.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  217

We mustn’t overlook the value that David McGoldrick adds with his experience, which is likely to be crucial. The comeback of Kyle Cameron is equally significant. If our defence can stay composed and perform their duties, we stand a good chance of competing. While it may seem improbable that we’ll win, we need to maintain our belief. After all, the players need something to inspire them as they prepare for the match.

• Like 3

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  69

I think performance is more important than the result it’s not the fact we’ve been losing it’s the dire performances that’s been upsetting 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,147
  • Days Won:  153
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

On our day we know that we are capable of beating anyone in this league. A good performance and result tonight would kickstart our season and would also put a positive spin on things going into the January transfer window.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

having seen macaualay langstaffs interview i feel a bit more encouraged, he works so effortlessly and does not give up. we need to get back to playing in a way that turns the opposition defence inside out. i would love to see us perform well, slowing the passes down just enough to give us the edge. if the players work as hard as langstaff there is no reason why we cant.

some stockport fans feel anxious about playing us, so it should be a great game.

• Like 3