Maynard it is

Supporter+

• Like 12
  • Love 4

Don't believe the rumour mill about their fans saying he's not very good, if he wasn't, he wouldn't have helped Wealdstone climb on such a limited budget. If any of their fans are saying negative things, ask why? Instead of worrying. I would put it down to them being bitter about his departure. Much like some of our own fans views on Luke Williams having left for Swansea City.

This seems to be a very good appointment, I will give him my full support.

I am looking forward to Saturday all the more now, I can't wait to be with Jake and Cal.

• Love 18

I'm so pleased that Stuart has been appointed, so the vibes online turned out to be true. I believe the brothers have made an excellent appointment here.

The players will be in great hands with Stuart, along with his team, Matt Saunders,  Craig Saunders, and our own, João Alves.

I'm very confident about our chances of making the playoffs now that our new Head Coach & his Team have been appointed.

Onwards and upwards.

• Like 11

Really excited by this appointment, really enjoyed watching wealdstone while we were in the national league, they play some attractive football which has been installed by Maynard and his backroom staff. Hopefully he can tighten us up at the back while also being able to implement his style of dominating possession. 

This team could be something special if we can sort out the defensive insecurities. 

Stuart Maynards black white army 🖤🤍

• Like 8
  • Love 3

Interesting appointment. The owners obviously wanted someone who is up and coming. He's just taken Wealdstone to their highest league position in over 30 years for two seasons running, and was on course to do it again. But of course you can only go so far with a part-time team in a largely professional league. If any of their fans have complained about him, I haven't seen it. I've only seen positive comments, and the few on their Facebook page seem gutted he's left.

It's also important that he could bring his coaching team with him. Hopefully that'll help him make the switch to professional football. Obviously I wish him luck, and I'm glad we can start looking forward again.

Most importantly of all, though, is he our first manager with a tache since Allardyce?

• Like 16

32 minutes ago, Robbie said:

I'm so pleased that Stuart has been appointed, so the vibes online turned out to be true. I believe the brothers have made an excellent appointment here.

The players will be in great hands with Stuart, along with his team, Matt Saunders,  Craig Saunders, and our own, João Alves.

I'm very confident about our chances of making the playoffs now that our new Head Coach & his Team have been appointed.

Onwards and upwards.

I'd just like to say that I've listened to Stuart's first interview for Notts, he sounded a very confident, determined & articulate young man. I'm very impressed.

• Like 6

Like it, and glad it’s him. Steep learning curve for him as he now has to adapt to running a full time football club, but he clearly has talent. His aims are now different, from getting a small club to survive in a league to one that wants to play higher.

I’ve no doubt he is going to be a success, as we don’t have any Billy big b******s in our squad that he would need to get onside like at other clubs.

Now sign some defenders!

• Like 14
  • Love 4

The more I’ve looked into Stuart’s time at Wealdstone the more encouraged I feel. In reality as they are part-time Wealdstone just staying in the NL is an achievement every season. They are competing against a lot of bigger and well backed full-time clubs. Based on their current structure they have definitely been over-achieving. I like how he spoke about how he backs himself and his tactics. These are Wealdstone’s results against the current NL top 3 sides this season: Drew 1-1 away at Bromley (currently 2nd), narrowly lost 3-2 away to Chesterfield (1st) and beat Barnet 3-2 (3rd). Pretty impressive.

And although he’s young, he’s been coaching since 2012, starting in the Southern Prem. He was assistant when Hemel-Hempstead were promoted into the NL South. And again, when Wealdstone won the NL South. Eventually he became the main man at Wealdstone and he’s managed over 140 games.

He’s clearly a good coach, to continuously improve Wealdstone whilst being part-time is very impressive, I hope he can continue to take us forward!

• Like 13
  • Love 5

It's a very sensible appointment and it's good to see that the club is recruiting managers who have built something under challenging circumstances. I'm fully behind Stuart Maynard, and I encourage others to support him too. Let's make him feel welcome and supported, regardless of how his reign starts or if we have a difficult period. I believe that out of the list of potential managers, Notts have hired someone on the up. It would be remarkable if he could achieve this with us and help establish us back at the higher end of the English football pyramid.

• Like 12
  • Love 4

Success in football isn't guaranteed; it's largely a matter of faith and hard work. Stuart Maynard is a fantastic appointment, and his record speaks for itself. While I understand there may be doubts, replicating his previous success here will be a challenge. Just keep in mind the talent and quality we already have at his disposal. Alongside the opportunity to bring in a few more faces, everything is looking promising.

• Like 8
  • Love 3

Supporter+

I agree with @DangerousSausage I’m pleased he could bring his team with him and in his interview he answered every question with “we” not “I” it sounds like the management team work well together, of course I will give him all the support I can and I urge others to get behind him too, let’s give him and his team a big Meadow Lane welcome.

On a less serious note will @allardyces tash change his name to “Maynards tash”. :joker:

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

The appointment of Stuart Maynard as Notts County’s head coach sparks real hope. His dynamism and tactical acumen are key qualities that have sometimes been lacking. I’m particularly excited to see how he develops our young players and brings them into the first team, considering his success at Wealdstone.

It’s interesting that the board shares Maynard’s playing philosophy. This hints at a cohesive strategy between the management and coaching staff, essential for any successful club. If Maynard’s methods are as effective at Meadow Lane as they were at Grosvenor Vale, exciting times are certainly on the horizon.

• Like 12
  • Love 2

It’s a solid appointment. There’s no reason for him to not succeed, especially with the high-quality squad he’s inheriting. If he can replicate his successful strategies from Wealdstone, it feels like a winning situation.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

It’s a solid appointment. I believe his track record is worth taking a chance on and he seems to be quite knowledgeable. I’m very pleased with the decision. I’m confident that he can bring about changes to make Notts stronger.

• Like 8

Notts seem to want a Head Coach who understands the data and what it is telling them, is detailed, plans intricately, is passionate and a leader and has a good tactical acumen and style of play.  Maynard fits all those s o should be a good fit.  From his point of view, as Head Coach we have 'people' to look after the running of the club, ground improvements, transfers, media etc etc, so that can only help the transition into full time coaching.  If you were an up and coming coach you could hardly hope for a better environment to start off in.  On paper it looks a great appointment and if he can tighten the defence up to something like Wealdstone's then we could be laughing all the way to League 1... but one step at a time. 

• Like 10

I’m really pleased with the appointment. Some fans need to remember we’re a league two team. This is how most clubs work. If you look down on a new manager, it just creates a false negative. You have to give the new head coach a chance. Stuart Maynard looks great on paper. I can’t wait to chant his name.

• Like 6

Supporter+
44 minutes ago, allardyces tash said:

I can’t wait to chant his name.

It works well.

🎵Stuart Maynard’s Black n White Army🎵

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I believe Jim O’Brien could be a good assistant one day, but I’m chuffed with Paul Maynard’s appointment. I don’t think we’d ever hire someone like Nigel Clough, he doesn’t fit our club’s image and why would he leave Mansfield? The same goes for the Neil Warnock rumour. I think those who spread these rumours contribute to the negative comments that Stuart Maynard has received, thankfully most are positive and excited. We need to fully support him because we have a brilliant team.

• Like 6

Stuart Maynard seems like a good appointment on paper. Everything about him suggests that he can fit right into the club and carry on where Luke Williams left off, with help from Jim O’Brien. He speaks well, and I don’t think I’ll get tired of listening to him. But he’s not quite on Luke’s level, is he? I’ll miss that but I’m looking forward to hearing more from Stuart.

• Like 5

good appointment! most fans seem to be excited, there will always be a few vocal people who need some sort of reassurance and hopefully the early signs will be positive under stuart maynard.

i prefer to think of the positive side, but even if i tried to find things that was not i would struggle.

its just a very sensible decision which now relies on the players to take on board the new regime and try their best to get the results we need. if we can push on, those negative voices will drop off.

• Like 4

Anybody could have been appointed and some fans wouldn’t be happy or say they weren’t. That’s just football and Notts County in general. I think the board made the best decision for the club. There weren’t many options that stood out from the unemployed list and we needed someone who understands where Notts are now.

I’m not worried about Stuart Maynard never managing at this level, as I agree it’s down to the squad to perform and he should be good at setting everything up to make that possible. I like how he says he aims to win, that’s the focus and ideally we can stop fearing teams and focus on being confident. Win or lose, we’re a very capable League Two team.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

At this level, I’d prefer to hire someone who’s done well in the league we were in before. Rather than someone who’s been sacked from the same league or a higher one. Of course, there would be some exceptions but I reckon this is a great decision by Notts.

Welcome to Meadow Lane, Stuart Maynard.

• Like 2