Match Discussion: Game 7 - The Gills (H)

PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,270
  • Days Won:  80

Game 7 - The Gills (H)

Team: Gillingham

Date: 21/09/2024

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Stuart Maynard opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Love 2

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,902
  • Days Won:  17

Think Stuart shd stick with a winning team. As for the score well you know me, I hope Notts will take the 3 points. COYP.

• Like 3

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,988
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Some Gillingham fans (not all) have this game won already by them, which is something I wish our fans avoid doing. It's one thing to predict the score, but it's extreme when you act like you are going to win the league and write off the team you are playing. That reflects a significant lack of understanding or may even verge on delusional thinking.

I think they will be a good test for us, but I am confident about our home form and the ability we have within the team.

This doesn't mean I would underestimate Gillingham at the slightest, because I know games like this can lift teams. Neither of us can underestimate any team, I mean I felt the game would be hard against Bromley, and whilst I didn't foresee them taking the lead - I don't think anyone would have done so early. Gillingham's fans would be foolish to believe we are in a false position, because it would show that they haven't seen any of our highlights.

I would happily accept a draw, but I do think we have the quality to win the game.

My prediction would be 2-1, I think we'll lead, and then they'll equalise perhaps before the end of the first half. For us to score around the 65th-70th minute and then the rest of the game will be a bit nervous at times.

• Love 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

To me, our season starts here. This will be the yardstick as to how far we have come this season and will match the divisions highest scorers against the stingiest (I think?) defence. 

Will be interesting, but I wouldn’t change too much. Probably Tsaroulla back with JJ on the right. Palmer & Abbott in midfield  with Crowley & Didzy behind the Jattattack.

Can see this going 2-1 either way.

• Love 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,903
  • Days Won:  162

i think if we can win and play well, it will lean into the belief that we could remain near the top throughout the season. its a long way for all of us, but our form has been very good and its for gillingham to prove themselves to go top or to beat us. pressure might be on us to maintain our position, but in front of meadow lane i think we would always have a good chance of doing that.

i hope its a good game and gillingham fans come in numbers.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,458
  • Days Won:  164
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

The game with Gillingham is going to be our toughest yet this season. This match will tell us much about Notts's promotion credentials.

I would play our strongest available 11 to start the match, that would be Bass, Macari, Bedeau, Platt, Tsaroulla, Palmer, Abbott, Crowley, Jones, McGoldrick & Jatta,

Tsaroulla would be the left wing back & Jones right wing McGoldrick supporting Jatta up front. Those selections are subject to all being fit .

The key areas for Notts will be as always, in defence. Notts have to try to stop the unnecessary mistakes at the back because Gillingham will b looking for them with their high press.

If Notts can stay firm at the back, I will back our attacking prowess, to find a way through during the match.

I'm going for a low scoring game. A 1:0 to Notts would be great, but I wouldn't be disappointed with a draw.

• Like 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  367
  • Days Won:  1

A big question from me about team selection......Will SM find room for Edwards...i really hope so...

• Like 1