Scunthorpe United vs Notts County (JPT)

Chris

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,367
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Admittedly I don't personally care about the JPT, win or lose. However, I do feel @Pies4u had a point about confidence - winning games certainly does that and I would really like to see our current run continue. Bringing three wins to Crawley would be massive, it would be something very positive for the club and we could do with this happening for aslong as possible.

The reason I don't care about the JPT is the fact nobody takes it seriously until a side reaches say the semi finals (perhaps before). Well, some smaller clubs might become excited before but the bigger teams don't respect it in my opinion.

It could do with being remodeled to regain serious interest.

This said, I can see us winning Scunthorpe and 1-2 would be my prediction.

They don't have a bad side in truth, of course they have "Neal Bishop" who is a gafter and perhaps one of the most underrated Notts players in recent years. Remember he wasn't good enough for Championship? Yet he had a good go there and settled in well due to the fact he gives 100%. They also have Paddy Madden (I won't go on about him), though I do admire him. Matt Sparrow is a pretty decent player, as is Gary McSheffrey and of course they Deon Burton.

Anyway I have piped on enough here, please do leave your views on this. I like reading about each stage, it's something I find to be cool.

So, thoughts? Predictions?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

i dont know, i think its a good chance to visit a really big ground. i have not been to any, so it would be nice to see notts play at wembley.

i am confident we can keep progressing, i think we will win on pens! 1-1 final score, notts to win on pens, thanks to roy.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

I think Shaun will take every game seriously. Give perhaps Balmy (Thought he did Well in Pre-season) and the others a run out and see where we stand with depth.

I'm confident we can come away with something, although it will be tough. I'm going with Liam 1-1 Win on Penno's. Carroll the Hero again

• Content Count:  10,960
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

It would be nice to get to Wembley so I'm hoping we can progress. 2-1 to Notts is my prediction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,480
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

This is a trophy that there's for the taking, we should take it seriously. Scunthorpe are there for the taking. Rory Fallon is there now and he's in form. Still I think we'll win if we approach it in the right manner.

• Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  16

With no game on Saturday due to the internationals, SD should play his strongest available team & go for it, if only to keep the momentum going IMO!!

• Content Count:  702
  • Days Won:  0

I think Shaun will take every game seriously. Give perhaps Balmy (Thought he did Well in Pre-season) and the others a run out and see where we stand with depth.

I'm confident we can come away with something, although it will be tough. I'm going with Liam 1-1 Win on Penno's. Carroll the Hero again

Against them, Balmy is worth the try. I would throw another one into the mix, probably Keane. No point them not getting time, only way they can improve is to be tested.

I think notts will win, don't we all?

Scunthorpe will fancy their chances, good side and cup matches are not games people can write off. 1-0 notts!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

I'll be packing for my rearranged holiday, so I'll miss this one - may pop in the Chatroom if poss.

Progressing is important to me - not just for the confldence & winning habit theory, but also because we could reach the latter stages & possibly Wembley. That has to matter.

Come on you Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeees.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Not a big fan of the competition, but as others have said, winning habit, confidence, more team time and financial rewards if we go all the way have to go some way to convince the nay sayers.

One massive thing for me is Nobles suspension. A well worked yellow on Saturday means Wroe or Smith or even Whitehouse get game time and Noble comes back ready to go for the next league match.

• Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

It's all apart of the Master plan. The guy (SD) is Smarter than we give him credit for. 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

I'm not someone who goes into it with the attitude of I'll be glad if we go out as it's out the way, it's a competition we're involved in, and if we're in it, we're in it to win it. In all seriousness this competition is the best opportunity clubs like ours will get to have a day at Wembley, and that's a dream for me. I can't buy into this modern philosophy that to achieve success in the league you can't afford a cup run. 2009/10 my case in point - we made it to the 5th round of the FA Cup and won the league with, despite our budget - a very small squad.

So I really hope we win tomorrow, not just to keep the momentum going - but because I honestly feel this is a competition worth a club like us going for. I mean who'd turn down a trip to Wembley? COYP!

No, I don't think we should throw the games. I just mean if we lost I wouldn't cry about it, not even in the final! I would be at any game home or away no matter what, though I am being honest that if more clubs did take it seriously and it was to be revamped it would be a good thing.

It's stale from the years of misuse and I hate the fact that over the past so many years, I heard managers say they will use it to blood youngsters.

There's nothing wrong with that because they say, "I am saving the legs of senior pros". I just think, why bother?

I would love Notts to make the final but It's just wore thin over the years. I am pleased Derry is taking it seriously, I also hope he gives one or two a chance but apart from that I would like the squad to remain unchanged.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,408
  • Days Won:  69

Treat the game seriously.Put out the strongest possible starting line up but look to giving some fringe players a chance .Good luck.

• Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

This is a trophy that there's for the taking, we should take it seriously. Scunthorpe are there for the taking. Rory Fallon is there now and he's in form. Still I think we'll win if we approach it in the right manner.

would you change anything from saturday @Dripsey3?

i dont knoe enough about roy fallon but i fancy our roy to keep a clean sheet. :D

• Content Count:  916
  • Days Won:  3

I agree @hissingdwarf 

I am not a big fan of the competition but it is good for club to get a chance to have a big day, the little sides will always respect this cup because for them its a chance for glory. The likes of sheffield united and so on will only reap the rewards if they was to win it.

The score later I think will finish 1-3, i dont know why but i think they will score first.

Supporter+

Treat the game seriously.Put out the strongest possible starting line up but look to giving some fringe players a chance .Good luck.

That's a bit of a contradiction @super_ram, you can't field your strongest team AND give fringe players a chance.

That's a bit of a contradiction @super_ram, you can't field your strongest team AND give fringe players a chance.

You can see what he means, don't be picky! ;):P

We'll probably introduce Fabs as the keeper, that isn't our "strongest" team but it's close, I like addition of the word possibly. Without it, I would be on his back myself... LOL

Supporter+

You can see what he means, don't be picky! ;):P

We'll probably introduce Fabs as the keeper, that isn't our "strongest" team but it's close, I like addition of the word possibly. Without it, I would be on his back myself... LOL

I should have put a smiley, I was having a bit of fun with my old sparring partner.

Can't find the smileys on tappatalk.

I should have put a smiley, I was having a bit of fun with my old sparring partner.

Can't find the smileys on tappatalk.

Ha! I was joking too... LOL

You should have a plus button, least I do with my Android device. Near where you add a image ;)

Supporter+

Ha! I was joking too... LOL

You should have a plus button, least I do with my Android device. Near where you add a image ;)

Hmmm, the iPhone app must be different because I can't see it.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

Let's face it, the competition is of such low standing that many fans won't bother. However, last season's win against Wolves in the JPT provided some much needed boost. I'd be happy for Derry to try out the fringe players and youth players, and if we go out, well, it's not like we're going to get a "giant". Bigger fish to fry.

• Content Count:  1,488
  • Days Won:  5

Sorry to disappoint but we will lose tonight, do not worry. It is just a small setback!

1-0 to them.

• Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

I can't see how this competition can actually appeal to anyone, save fans of teams that until recently were in the non-league. It's open only to League One and League Two teams, meaning there is virtually no chance of a glamour tie as in the FA and League Cup. Even if you win it, it's always going to be a reminder of a team's small-time status. Do you think if, say Sheffield United were to win it, they would actually take pride in it? They're a Championship-level side with the potential to make the Premier League, a JPT win would forever be the memory of a period in the doldrums, like a really dodgy home-scratched tattoo on a former teenage tearaway.

I can't see how this competition can actually appeal to anyone, save fans of teams that until recently were in the non-league. It's open only to League One and League Two teams, meaning there is virtually no chance of a glamour tie as in the FA and League Cup. Even if you win it, it's always going to be a reminder of a team's small-time status. Do you think if, say Sheffield United were to win it, they would actually take pride in it? They're a Championship-level side with the potential to make the Premier League, a JPT win would forever be the memory of a period in the doldrums, like a really dodgy home-scratched tattoo on a former teenage tearaway.

Score prediction though? haha ;)

Archived