Should the logo/crest have changed a few years ago

Magic magpie

I absolutely hated it when it first got released, I remember refusing to use the logo on the old site (before PON was born) and it was only towards when it got scrapped that I did start coming around.

The only things Notts County about it is the colour/magpies.

Why add the purple or the castle? It just looks weird, thankfully Ray Trew reverted back to a much nicer badge.

I always felt it was okay, it could have been much worse. The purple I didn't get myself either, the shape seems okay but it was not like anything we had previously. I think the yellow/gold would have helped improve it, as would a shield instead badge shape.

The whole Munto thing was a marketing ploy, by changing the logo it made things seem more exciting but I do think they did a terrible job with the design. I'm not saying its the designers fault, it was probably created based on what Peter Trembling envisioned but its nowhere being good enough.

Substandard is how I felt at the time.

6 minutes ago, upthepies said:

The whole Munto thing was a marketing ploy, by changing the logo it made things seem more exciting but I do think they did a terrible job with the design. I'm not saying its the designers fault, it was probably created based on what Peter Trembling envisioned but its nowhere being good enough.

Definitely agree with what you said mate .. I remember at the time thinking what the hell have they done ..! 

1 hour ago, upthepies said:

This. Exactly my thoughts.

As you will see from my display picture, I liked the older badge and I was disappointed when the Munto one replaced it. The logo Notts currently uses and can be seen in the PON logo is fine but I would not have liked to see the original change.

Archived