which one of richardo moniz foreign contingency do you wish was here now?

liampie

which one of richardo moniz foreign contingency do you wish was here now?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. which player would fit in the most with the 2018/19 season? [comment why]

• genaro snijders
    • mawouna amevor
    • julian jenner
    • filip valencic
    • gill swerts
    • civard sprockel
    • thierry audel
    • stanley aborah

Supporter+

Great topic @liampie I was torn between Sniders and Audel but in the end I went with Audel, I thought he improved immensely while he was with us and gave some great performances, he  became a bit of a fans favourite, with a name that could be converted into a song, like the Thierry Henry one.

Filip Valencic would be my call, he could play in midfield and upfront which is something we could do now. He seemed to have a good ability and could strike the ball well, I don't think he was given anywhere enough time to showcase what he can do.

It's difficult to decide, so I haven't yet decided but I will debate this within my post.

Genaro Snijders is a good winger, he could also play as a striker and was quite effective when given a chance. I think League One would have suited his style of play more, as he would have had more time and in this division it's more physical - you don't have that much time to express your skill or be direct.

Julian Jenner sadly wasn't fitness and just seemed a lost cause - the saddest thing is you can tell that he's a good player but he no longer has it.

Filip Valencic seemed a good prospect and did alright in my opinion. I wouldn't say he seemed as natural anyway from being a striker, yet he did a job in midfield but always seemed a little lightweight.

Gill Swerts - brilliant player! He was technically the best in my opinion. In midfield he was composed and distributed the ball nicely, he was defensive but also offered a lot going forward. If he had secured a midfield role I think we would have seen more from him, however he ended up going to right back where he did a job but it also limited him greatly. If we had him now and, he could seal a place regularly in midfield I would have him any day of the week.

Thierry Audel did well, his height seemed useful but I don't think he really used it to his strength. His dribbling and running was okay, though he tended to over do it and sometimes his passing just wasn't good. I didn't rate him as a left back at all, he had no defensive mind and would be caught out often. In the centre of defence he played differently, he commanded the area and often put in good shifts. He's a Jekyll and Hyde character though, sometimes he seemed brilliant and other times he looked awkward.

Stanley Aborah - exciting player, he could pass and take on players. His dribbling ability was amazing, just how he managed to go past players so easily is beyond me but his sneaky attitude and failure to deliver his best when he's unhappy is a concern. If we was in the Championship, he would be a great player and someone we could have built around but sadly I wouldn't welcome him back.

I'm going to vote for Gill Swerts as I feel he could rotate around the centre and wing.

2 hours ago, ARLukomski said:

Audel was a solid centre back when managed properly as shown under Nolan.

Thierry Audel would solve a lot of problems at the back with his height, the fact we need more defenders makes me want to vote for him.

Technically I think Stanley Aborah is by far the best player Ricardo Moniz signed, his passing and ability to push Notts forward is something we miss now. His defensive duties could be quite dubious but overall he was a good player.

I would have him back.

I would also go for Gill Swerts myself.

He didn't get the credit for how he played in midfield, he control the games and distributed the ball nicely. He had the longest range pass that I have seen any Notts execute well for a number of years.

Thierry Audel it is but I would agree with the comment before mine that we are better off now.

Some may have been better if we had gotten promoted to League One, some on the other hand looked barely capable of being a professional player.

Archived