Is Ross Fitzsimons blameless or CAN he do better?

CliftonMagpie

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

I'm not impressed with the defending, yet again Fitzsimons seems to make the wrong decisions when it comes to the goals. Why does he go to ground so easily?

1st goal - the defence are stood watching but why does fitz create so much space between his legs? It's that space where the goal goes, if he had reacted better and positioned himself a little smarter he may have pulled off an amazing save.

2nd goal - he dives instantly leaving a massive gap in the middle for a tap in. Duffy missed the ball completely, awful defending but Fitz should have dived onto the ball.

3rd goal - completely fitz's fault for me. He tied himself to the goal post and left a massive amount of space to his imitate right.

4th goal - his positioning is all wrong, he gets his feet muddled and he scrambles to get back into a better position. His dive is so delayed it's pathetic.

His confidence will be low but I am tired of seeing people defend him solely because he's NOT Adam Collin. The defence and midfield have their own blame but fans who continue to defend Fitzsimons are pretty deluded in my opinion. Notts won't do well with him in goal, he's sunk and lost the battle.

This was his chance to establish himself as something more than a backup keeper, but that is what he should be.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I fail to comprehend how any can defend him or the defence, he's at fault but he would be better with more adequate defending I feel.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Well I defended Ross a lot yesterday, I tried to give him encouragement when he came to fetch the ball and I told @Magic magpie how I felt sorry for him.

He's not the same keeper we saw last season, there's that obvious struggle and I don't think he can respond as quickly as the defence may do. Yet people suggesting Fitzsimons is free of any blame I have no words for because I'm certain they blame others. It's a team performance at the end of the day but our keeper isn't free of his fair share of the blame, however 2-0 down a keeper isn't always going to lift themselves.

He sunk and look lonely in goal.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  618
  • Days Won:  1

Fitzsimons could have done better, he doesn't seem capable of saving any shot ATM, he looks weak and awkward.

How many drilled shots did Yeovil have yesterday that was "easy" catches and yet he bumbled them and almost dropped several? I don't JUST blame him but he's part of the problem. Some fans need to wake up if this don't agree.

• Chris featured this topic

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

Right now where ross is concerned I’m on the fence as a human being ... but you could say he isn’t doing his job correctly.. right now with ross I’m lost for words and on the fence ... I hope he comes round soon

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

THEY can all DEFEND BETTER, Ross Fitzsimons has drawn the short straw.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

He's been terrible so far, he looked average against Basford United.

Notts should have signed the other keeper at this point, why trial one just to do nothing about it?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  879

It was always a huge gamble to make him the first choice goalkeeper, he may not be ready now but he will.

He's going through a bad spell.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

hes been awful but more blame should fall on those that fail to defend him.

the defence has been terrible and that makes the keepers job harder, they have thrown an inexperienced league keeper into the deep end and allowed him to start to drown. im disappointed in this.

• Content Count:  363
  • Days Won:  0

I am sure he would take his fair share of the blame from the two league defeats.

The focus has to be on improving, not singling out who is or isn't at fault. Play as a team, treat the games as a team. Notts will be fine.

• Content Count:  277

His confidence has been ruined by lazy and pathetic defending.

I find it hard to use the word "defending" as the same sentence as Notts because so far it's been absent. Ross Fitzsimons can't be excused from his weak keeping and he really needs to be stronger but that said I think most would find it hard to deal with who is in front of him at the moment.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Awful positioning and decisions at times, yet you have to wonder about the defence!

He's not excusable from the loses and he his partly to blame, why some fans think this standard of keeping is acceptable I will never know.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,133
  • Days Won:  2

I feel sorry for him but it doesn't excuse him from his mistakes, goalkeepers are normally the first person to be blamed and I think he's lucky how obviously poor the defence has been compared to his own faults.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  4

I feel sorry for him but he really isnt doing well but the defence is half the problem

• Content Count:  534

Not blameless at all but he deserves support and encouragement, he can only do what he can.

If the defence played better I do think he would be more than fine in goal.

• Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  2

No way is Fitzsimons faultless, not one fan on here can defend him and those that do are ******* deluded.

• Content Count:  1,902
  • Days Won:  17

Fitz was doing ok last season when Collin was out injured, then he goes and kicks that Crawley player up the jacksy, gets sent off, and he's not been anythingl like since. Need a loan goalie and cb and cm

• Content Count:  4

On 18/08/2018 at 19:11, Blake said:

Fitzsimons could have done better, he doesn't seem capable of saving any shot ATM, he looks weak and awkward.

How many drilled shots did Yeovil have yesterday that was "easy" catches and yet he bumbled them and almost dropped several? I don't JUST blame him but he's part of the problem. Some fans need to wake up if this don't agree.

Did you not see the brilliant  touch into the bar 2nd half? But should have done better for 2nd goal v Yeovil and should come for corner for 1st at Newport. Was brilliant last year, but think lack of support from Nolan has dinted  his confidence 

• Content Count:  4

8 hours ago, magpiejue said:

Fitz was doing ok last season when Collin was out injured, then he goes and kicks that Crawley player up the jacksy, gets sent off, and he's not been anythingl like since. Need a loan goalie and cb and cm

Nolan refused to support Fitz after that incident and it's obviously knocked Fitz confidence, poor management if the situation 

• Content Count:  618

On 23/08/2018 at 08:29, rusty_pies said:

Did you not see the brilliant  touch into the bar 2nd half? But should have done better for 2nd goal v Yeovil and should come for corner for 1st at Newport. Was brilliant last year, but think lack of support from Nolan has dinted  his confidence 

I don't think it's Nolan who has dinted his confidence but who knows, KN gave him a good chance IMO.

• Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

I hope whoever comes in as the next manager understands the importance of signing another keeper just like we have all been saying, I am very disappointed in Fitzsimons this season. He looks absolutely dire in goal and unable to stop shots from going in.

He may be unlucky but I feel he's more the issue rather than the defence.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Hes played terribly so far this season, we need a better goalkeeper but theres not much we can do about that now. The defence needs to play as a team and work together because so far all the mistakes have mainly come from the defence.

• Chris unfeatured this topic

Archived