Hewiitt, a player for which hole?

Piethagoram

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

he can cover at right back but only with three other defenders in form, when everyone is not on the same wave length they are all just very weak.

keep him in midfield.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Hewitt hasn't just became a bad player over night, there's a logical reason behind it and it's mostly likely part of the tactics we are trying to play.

Build the tactics around ability and make sure the players stick to them.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,470
  • Days Won:  15

He needs to work on his passing in training and look to hold the ball sometimes, he ends up getting forced to pass and it's not useful. sometimes.

He needs to sit a few games out.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  537
  • Days Won:  1

He needs dropping ASAP.

He's out of form and looks destined to be a player that fails to make the grade which is said because he does look a handy player at times.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

Bench him he's not been good enough.

I just don't understand why we have signed so many players that are unfit or injured, surely we should have had a look at players who could cover if needed? Hewitt isn't a player that plays well at right back so that makes things worse for him.

• Content Count:  24
  • Days Won:  0

He probably suits a much more direct style of play bypassing him and allowing him to challenge for second balls, as we did last season.  Even then later in games when we were leading he seemed to integrate into the back four and invite pressure, as apposed to pressurising and pushing out. Not in the same league as OConnor or Bishop, if that’s even the type of player he wants to become. 

How he started out as a winger at Colchester I’ll never know!

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  633
  • Days Won:  1

He started as a winger, moved to right back and we made him a midfielder? No wonder he plays like he doesn't know what his position is.

• Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  2

Not the same player as last season, the more quality you have around him the weaker he looks. Release him come January and sign a proper ball playing utility player.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

2 hours ago, GetSmart said:

He probably suits a much more direct style of play bypassing him and allowing him to challenge for second balls, as we did last season.  Even then later in games when we were leading he seemed to integrate into the back four and invite pressure, as apposed to pressurising and pushing out. Not in the same league as OConnor or Bishop, if that’s even the type of player he wants to become. 

How he started out as a winger at Colchester I’ll never know!

This...

Go back to allowing Elliot Hewitt to do the stuff he can do and remind him he's not a passing player, he can do okay but half the time he just kills attacks.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

Elliott needs to be allowed to do what he dose best .. I’m hopeing that’s going to happen soon cause he used to be a talanted player 

• Content Count:  128
  • Days Won:  0

He needs to be removed from the squad, he's not good enough at the moment. How he gets picked ahead of some of the other players is beyond me, I understand him covering at right back but nowhere else right now.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Hopefully Elliot Hewitt can get a new lease of life at the club.

He seemed a good player from what I have seen and I think I recall him being voted as PON's most improved player from last season, you don't turn bad over night. Maybe change will bring the best out of all the players?

• Chris unfeatured this topic

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

On 23/08/2018 at 22:38, Magic magpie said:

Elliott needs to be allowed to do what he dose best .. I’m hopeing that’s going to happen soon cause he used to be a talanted player 

At the moment he's not doing anything good in my opinion, he really needs to impress the new manager as I don't think he will be safe from being released at this rate.

It's a shame because he's a good player when he keeps his football simple.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  52
  • Days Won:  2

You all feel the same as i do with bridget the midget, he should not be allowed anywhere near Meadow Lane imo

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

He's a good player, but a utility player he is not. Play him in centre midfield, or as an emergency centre half, but that's it. He's one of the worst right-backs I've ever seen, Pindroch would probably be better in that position.

It's not his fault that we're in a position where we have no back-up for either of the full-backs. But he's the last player who should be filling in there.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  89

3 hours ago, DangerousSausage said:

He's a good player, but a utility player he is not. Play him in centre midfield, or as an emergency centre half, but that's it. He's one of the worst right-backs I've ever seen, Pindroch would probably be better in that position.

It's not his fault that we're in a position where we have no back-up for either of the full-backs. But he's the last player who should be filling in there.

This. 

His positional awareness at RB is beyond shoddy. 

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

20 hours ago, Chris said:

At the moment he's not doing anything good in my opinion, he really needs to impress the new manager as I don't think he will be safe from being released at this rate.

It's a shame because he's a good player when he keeps his football simple.

Maybe there is something in simple football @Chris I think your correct 

Archived