Harry Kewell situation

ARLukomski

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

I'd take Neal Ardley, done incredible at Wimbledon. Look where they were, look where they are. I believe he can transform this club. Hopefully see him next up. 

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Notts have dodged a bullet there! Why on earth would we want Harry Kewell in the first place.

Does Alan Hardy like rubbing shoulders with ex Premier League players or something? It's bizarre if there was any serious interest in Kewell.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

Great news that it's not Harry Kewell.

Why would Notts pay £400k for an unproven manager who has done nothing during his time managing a small club like Crawley Town?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Really hope we do stick to the no on this. Really not convinced by Harry.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I wouldn’t celebrate too much I’m in Crawley now visiting relatives and the word is he missed training today and is keen to make the move. Surely Hardy wouldn’t have invited him to Nottingham for interview if he didn’t want to pay the £400k.

• Content Count:  2,294
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

7 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

I wouldn’t celebrate too much I’m in Crawley now visiting relatives and the word is he missed training today and is keen to make the move. Surely Hardy wouldn’t have invited him to Nottingham for interview if he didn’t want to pay the £400k.

I saw that. We approached Crawley and they must have said they wanted 400k if you want him

• Chris changed the title to Harry Kewell situation

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  474
  • Days Won:  6
  • 𝕏:  twitter OldNottsfan

I am weary of the constant lurching from one disaster to the next. What on earth could Kewell bring as a manager !

I dispare as to who we might get next because my money is on Chettle. God save us & preserve us if it is !!

• Content Count:  138
  • Days Won:  0

If promotion is still this seasons target appointing Chettle or Kewell will not help.

I think they would be lucky to finish mid table.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

this would really dishearten me if notts appointed kewell, he dont have the experience and we are not in a position to gamble with another ex footballer who is a rookie.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's depressing to think Alan Hardy is wasting his time looking at Harry Kewell.

Then again Hardy might know something we all don't, if he can pick the right person there is a chance this season could be salvaged and this would justify the sacking of Kevin Nolan. I don't think Notts would have been relegated, so hopefully the ambition is still to gain promotion (which looks slim).

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

It’s pathetic Hardy really needed to plan ahead its obvious Alan is now panicking and teams and managers can see this and wants to take the Mickey .. and Kewell is a ...I can’t say what I think I’ll probably upset folk with the language but it’s wrong so wrong. Added to which Alan a hour ago twitted it may take time to find a manager ..this I’m sorry is not infusing confidence 

• Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

It's not what we need. Hardy needs to realise this and see the fans don't want Kewell due to lack of experience. However, just read apparently its gonna happen "when not if" 

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  534
  • Days Won:  1

I don't think he's good enough but who knows?

People on Facebook are mocking his progress with Crawley, just imagine what they would say if he did take the Notts job.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,065
  • Days Won:  54

I hope that 400k is worth it...

• Content Count:  24
  • Days Won:  0

I think fans really want this one to be the right hire, we have had such a huge managerial turnover over the last .....years. I for one became disillusioned with the managerial carasouel that defined the Trew era. Alan Hardy has come in and talks about stability, we sign Kevin Nolan and within 2 years he is out. I think most fans don’t want to be in this situation in 12/18 months time.  

The squad definitely has some real talent, more than the Crawley side who finished 9th(?) last season. However this squad is very imbalanced as we know, and hasn’t got any real steel in the middle of the park, never mind the defence. 

I don’t mind going for an inexperienced manager, but Alan Hardy and his board need to realise we have one and realise he will make rookie mistakes. Kevin Nolan made a couple of major mistakes and it cost him his job(1.whilst changing the ethos at the club he didn’t realise his back line was as weak as it was 2.not realising how influential a few players would be in the new system and instead let go) but I don’t blame him for where we are as it’s a learning curve with these young and inexperienced managers, and if your not willing to let them make mistakes and learn you may as well go with a seasoned vet....

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

Let’s see what tomorrow brings now looks like it’s HK , surely the compo isn’t that 400k, hopefully that was a starting figure and a more realistic figure was reached , from what Charlie Slater thinks maybe 4/5 players coming in also , this season is still very young COYP let’s get cracking , you have my backing 👍👍

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,065
  • Days Won:  54

It's been pretty much confirmed by BBC Nottingham Sport and Leigh Curtis that it's happening. To be honest the more time I've had to think about it the better I've felt. From all accounts he wants his team to play out from the back but isn't afraid to change things up. Maybe he'll be a great fit, he should be more suited to the type of players we have at the club and the style of football it would seem AH wants us to play. He's going to need to hit the ground running though cos from what I've read he's certainly not most fans first choice!

Archived