Liam O'Brien training with Notts

heraldmagpie

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  739
  • Days Won:  3

It doesn't sound like a transfer by the way The Post has written it, get past some of the school boy mistakes in it. You would feel he's no replacement for Ross Fitzsimon but just the club doing him a favour.

Would you prefer Liam O'Brien signing?

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/former-coventry-city-goalkeeper-training-3264775

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,937
  • Days Won:  162

hes barely played going from his wiki page, i hope hes just training because to give sam slocambe tougher competition i think we need actual experience.

there will be a reason why he has not been signed yet.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,910
  • Days Won:  5

No, I don't rate him to put it politely.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  310
  • Days Won:  0

Pointless to be training other players even if its as a favour, he has no connection to Notts. Let him fend for himself!

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Lower level keeper, I think Ross Fitzsimons will come good so it’s a no for me.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

Got to say why notts  .. Ross just needs time and looking back he had a lot of pressure on his shoulders last season .. we almost went to Wembley the previous season then the whole team was changed and sous chef becomes the head chef The last of defence the  governor. But how long will he want to be second we signed Sam slocombe who every game is looking better and better. I won’t lie I was a bit undecided as @Chris will confirm about what I said about Sam. But as we know with Notts players come and go so maybe Neil is think long term here start training a goal keeper from the lower league to rise with Notts and the squad. What if we don’t get promoted this season because we don’t know what contracts Sam and Ross have it... could be a clause saying he’s free to leave if we don’t go up only time will tell. 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

He's actually not a bad keeper, like Sam Slocambe he's tended to play for teams who have good options in this department and that's the reason why he's not played many times as the starting keeper.

Despite this, I know Portsmouth fans who were delighted that they signed him and I don't think he played a league game.

I don't think Notts really requires his services, I think he's just training (unless Neal Ardley does want Ross Fitzsimons out) who I feel is personally good enough with someone ready and able to take his boots if he under performs. This positive pressure brings the best out of people.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

I cant imagine us keeping fitzsimons tbh.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

I read a tweet from Liam thanking the club and fans for allowing him to train with them, I don't think he will be signing.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  461
  • Days Won:  2

I thought when I first read that Liam O'Brien was training with Notts that he was being lined up to replace Ross Fitzsimons, this doesn't seem to be the case now.

• Content Count:  884
  • Days Won:  1

It does leave a question with Neal Ardley not selecting a backup keeper to sit on the bench, I think more will be revealed in time.

• Content Count:  106
  • Days Won:  0

It does leave questions with Ross Fitzsimons not being on the bench, I do think there are better options out there.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

According to the transfer roundup thread he's signed for Yeovil, so he's not our problem either way!

I think Fitzsimons is OK as backup for a game or two, any longer than that and we'd need to be looking for a loanee. But I think that's it for the season now.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

Fitzsimons would be better sent out on loan but i guess we do need a back up goalkeeper for now.

Archived