New forward signs

Feral Fox

people are complaining about his picture, saying he does not looked thrilled to be here. 🤣

i think its a good signing, what notts mentioned in their article sounds useful and i think if he can play wide it will be more useful. hes not been described as a striker, more a forward which means he could play elsewhere.

looks the type of player you need at this level.

Exactly my thoughts @NottsTastic, struggling to see him as an upgrade on Tyson who we let go and just see him as an option. Wootton and Dennis would score us plenty of goals with a dominant midfield behind them. Would have much prefered out efforts were put into finding a central midfielder who is an upgrade on what we already have.

I am looking forward to see what he brings to the team, but we have Wootton, Dennis and Thomas.

Ardley seems to prefer Thomas despite Dennis seeming to be the most likely to score or contribute to games, so I'm not sure how the new forward will fit in. It's probably going to be as an impact sub.

It's all depending on how he does for us and, how frequently he will get game time. I can see him being used in rotation, mostly coming on from off the bench.

Wes Thomas and Kristian Dennis are two different types of players.

If you want pace and directness, you want Thomas. If you have the ball going into the oppositions box a lot, or want to make them think about marking someone a little trickier then Dennis is your man.

Hopefully this new loan striker brings something different.

Good signing for this level, he has the experience which some of the other squad players doesn't and this could be his way into the squad. I wouldn't write him off before seeing how he settles in.

He could grab some of those important goals that are needed.

My only wish for him is that he plays in a direct manner, as this would benefit other players. Kyle Wootton takes the brunt of being the player to hold the ball up, Wes Thomas needs the service and Kristian Dennis is the fox in the box type striker.

None of these have the ability to run directly at players, neither are they intimidating at all.

I'm pleased with the signing.

If he gets those goals needed to win games, it will prove to be a good signing. I think I need to see him for a more games before I can say anything, as I want to see how he copes being well marked or against a team that parks the bus.

I am happy with the signing though, it does make sense.

I am looking forward to a chance to get a proper look at him, if he continues to score, some won't think twice. Let's hope he can fire us to a finish insid the playoffs. Anyone who helps Kyle Wootton would be labelled good business in my mind.

Archived