Good luck to Notts against Boreham Wood on Sunday!

nightOWL

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  43
  • Days Won:  2

Hi there Magpie fans,

I just wanted to stop by and send my best wishes for your efforts to return to the Football League. Given your impressive form this season, I don’t believe Notts should miss out on promotion. I’m hoping you’ll be able to make that long-awaited return.

As a fan of Wednesday, I have many fond memories of Meadow Lane and Notts County. I hope you all succeed in gaining promotion to League Two. By the way, Macaulay Langstaff seems like an excellent striker.

Wishing Notts all the best for their game against Boreham Wood on Sunday!

• Like 13
  • Love 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

thank you for taking the time to wish us well, the national league has not been that bad and it has made us approach things differently. our new owners have started to rebuild the club wisely.

• Like 8

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

Thank you for your encouraging words and support. It’s great to know that you have good memories of Meadow Lane and Notts County. We’re optimistic about our chances of being promoted to League Two and we agree that Macaulay Langstaff is a fantastic striker.

We appreciate your well wishes for our game against Boreham Wood on Sunday. We’ll give it our all!

• Like 7

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  5

Thank you @nightOWL for your kind words and sportsmanship. It’s nice to see some class and respect among rival fans. Your gesture is much appreciated. All the best to you and your team as well.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

It’s wonderful to receive your kind wishes, @nightOWL. It’s always great to see fans from other clubs supporting us. I think many neutral fans feel the same way about our club. We’ve worked hard to earn our place back in the Football League. This could be the year we make it happen, but first we need to successfully navigate the playoffs.

• Like 5

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Hello, @nightOWL,

It's good to hear from you again. We have been hitting the playoffs every season since we've been in the National League. Our first season we managed to make it to Wembley, so we have had our hearts broken by the playoffs. It's very difficult with only one team going up, but I have every faith in this Notts squad. We have a lot of winners in the camp, we just need to approach it like any other game and defend well.

Thank you for taking the time to come on and wish us well. I haven't managed to see Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough, but I do recall seeing your team play here.

One day it would be nice to play against you in the Football League again.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  531
  • Days Won:  1

Thank you, @nightOWL, for wishing Notts all the best in Sunday’s playoff game against Boreham Wood.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  881
  • Days Won:  1

I hold a great deal of respect for supporters of other teams who extend their well-wishes to clubs and fans with whom they have no direct affiliation. It demonstrates the existence of sportsmanship between clubs and the presence of good-natured opposition fans.

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Thanks for the well wishes! We've proven we're good enough over the course of the season, but anything can happen in a one-off match. If it doesn't work out, we'll be a pub quiz question and we'll just have to keep banging on the door. We're a well-run club now, so I'm confident we'll make it sooner rather than later. Hopefully very soon!

Wednesday are a proper club and I always enjoy your visits, so hopefully we'll see you again soon in League One. Although you might not agree with that last bit :D

PS Langstaff is actually rubbish and you should under no circumstances try to sign him.

• Like 3

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,300
  • Days Won:  69

7 hours ago, Joshua said:

Thank you @nightOWL for your kind words and sportsmanship. It’s nice to see some class and respect among rival fans. Your gesture is much appreciated. All the best to you and your team as well.

Oh @Joshua !!!!!!Only kiddiing

Good luck  @nightOWL apart Sunday.Nice to see you again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

There are many connections between Notts County and Sheffield Wednesday, with most of our former players making their way to your club. Paul Heffernan is one straight off the top of my head. Well, at least beside Jackie Sewell. Thanks for wishing us luck. I think being over in the US, I will need the positive thoughts as I might not be able to sleep come closer to the game.

• Like 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  0

Hello @nightOWL, thank you for your kind words and support. Would you be able to return and wish us luck for Saturday? I have a feeling that you might bring us some extra fortune after we went 2-0 down on Sunday.

• Like 1

I am delighted that Notts prevailed and managed to win on penalties. As a neutral observer, I don’t believe either team defended particularly well. Chesterfield may feel unfortunate not to have won at the end of normal time, but I thought that over the course of the 90 minutes, Notts had more possession. Notts were caught out on the break, but as I said, I am pleased that they have made their return to the Football League.

@super_ram

No disrespect intended, @super_ram, but I don’t believe you are quite ready to return to the Championship just yet. Another season at League One level should see you up there by the end of that season. Best wishes to you as well.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, nightOWL said:

I am delighted that Notts prevailed and managed to win on penalties. As a neutral observer, I don’t believe either team defended particularly well. Chesterfield may feel unfortunate not to have won at the end of normal time, but I thought that over the course of the 90 minutes, Notts had more possession. Notts were caught out on the break, but as I said, I am pleased that they have made their return to the Football League.

@super_ram

No disrespect intended, @super_ram, but I don’t believe you are quite ready to return to the Championship just yet. Another season at League One level should see you up there by the end of that season. Best wishes to you as well.

I agree with you @nightOWL.I am delighted we ended where we did considering where we were this time last year. I was only disappointed by the way it happened, I felt for Curtis Davies ending, as it turned out, his Derby career by getting a silly sending off.

I hope I didn't curse your promotion chances by hoping you would beat Posh.It's a tough call but I sincerely hope you turn the return fixture on its head. I believe higher teams should be promoted.

• Love 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Thank you, @nightOWL. It was an epic experience for our fanbase. Many of our younger supporters have never seen Notts play at Wembley. I am fortunate enough to have been quite a few times in the 90s with my grandfather.

Best wishes to you and, Sheffield Wednesday.

• Like 2

On 16/05/2023 at 23:35, super_ram said:

I agree with you @nightOWL.I am delighted we ended where we did considering where we were this time last year. I was only disappointed by the way it happened, I felt for Curtis Davies ending, as it turned out, his Derby career by getting a silly sending off.

I hope I didn't curse your promotion chances by hoping you would beat Posh.It's a tough call but I sincerely hope you turn the return fixture on its head. I believe higher teams should be promoted.

I didn't curse your promo chances. Congratulation @nightOWL on beating posh and good luck v Bolton or Barnsley.Your doing it the Notts way.

• Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
8 hours ago, super_ram said:

I didn't curse your promo chances. Congratulation @nightOWL on beating posh and good luck v Bolton or Barnsley.Your doing it the Notts way.

Wow! What a match that must have been, it just shows never say die, Posh fans must be gutted, congratulations @nightOWL

• Like 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  561
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

Thank you for the kind words towards Notts County. It’s nice to see other clubs wishing us well. I expect this to happen less now that we’re back in the Football League. Let’s hope we meet again someday.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for your kind words. Adapting to the Championship will be a challenge, but I believe our squad is stronger now than when we went down. I fancy Notts County’s chances of finishing 2nd again. Good luck in League Two chaps and lasses!

• Like 1

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,138

Nice one, @nightOWL. I wish Sheffield Wednesday all the best with their return to the Championship. I hope Notts can make it there in my lifetime

• Like 1
  • Love 1