Recruitment doc

ARLukomski

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

So a few months ago, I started a recruitment document on Excel. Now we've been promoted I've updated this. In my opinion we need to be looking at a keeper, one or two centre backs, a left wing back, two centre mids, and an extra attacking threat. Plus Jodi Jones. The question marks regarding when a player's contact ends, indicates that I can't find any info regarding when that player's contract is up. N/A for contracts obviously means, they don't have a contract because they are a free agent and don't have a club.

Player Transfers image.PNG

• Like 9
  • Love 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,995
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

I would add Nathan Ashmore (GK) though unsure re current contract

CB:

Jamal Fyfield

Omar Sowunmi

Ethan Pye

Midfield

Greg Olley

Connor Lemonheigh-Evans

Attack

Andrew Dallas

• Like 6

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,367
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

We were allegedly in for Andrew Dallas before, he would be a decent signing but when he's played against us. He looks like an average person. Was it Weymouth that he first played against us with? I do remember him playing for Solihull Moor and feeling excited to see him in a better team, leaving feeling disappointed. Yet he did okay for Chesterfield.

Two Forest friends keep telling me Notts should go in for Jordan Smith, their former first team keeper. I'm told his deal expires soon.

In my opinion, James Daly is an extremely talented player. I believe he shows exceptional skill and versatility on the field, consistently demonstrating his love for the game.

Darnell Johnson, who was previously considered one of Leicester City's most promising talents, could prove to be a valuable addition to the team, especially if Connell Rawlinson re-signs and Johnson is brought on to rotate between games.

• Like 8

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,514
  • Days Won:  15

I must admit, when it comes to potential signings, I’m not the most knowledgeable. I wouldn’t know who to suggest or whether they would fit into our system, but it’s always interesting to hear other people’s thoughts on the matter.

• Like 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  507
  • Days Won:  1

I hadn't previously contemplated signings in depth, but I'll need to examine the retained lists of other clubs and revisit this topic. Notts County will undoubtedly be sifting through numerous players, selecting only those who align with their strategic plans. 

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,713
  • Days Won:  36

From that list I would definitely take Jesse Debrah, I think he has massive potential. I prefer @Piethagoramlist to be honest. Both CLE and Dallas would be great signings with a full pre season as preparation. I also like Omar Sowunmi, but I don’t think his passing is that great and we seem to now like the general all rounders. 

Would not surprise me if we didn’t sign any of them though as Radar has a habit of blindsiding us all.

• Like 7

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

@ARLukomski, are these individuals on your list of potential Notts recruits, or are they simply your top choices? While I don't have any specific players in mind for signing, I'm eager to see new talent join the team. 

7 hours ago, AmericanPie said:

@ARLukomski, are these individuals on your list of potential Notts recruits, or are they simply your top choices? While I don't have any specific players in mind for signing, I'm eager to see new talent join the team. 

Bit of both but mainly who I think we could potentially bring in. Jodi Jones has obviously been offered a deal. We were interested and Sbarra in January and Pearson has already been linked. I haven't put strikers on there because if we keep Macca, Cedwyn and Morias, then I don't see the point. If Macca goes, then I'm fine with replacing him with Dallas. CLE, depends on what Stockport do with him

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

i really cant comment on players i would like to see the club sign, but i will say that connor lemonheigh-evans should only be signed if ruben rodrigues leaves. i was not all that impressed with his loan here. he barely made an impact and seemed to want the glory, than to be a team player. if hes happy to sit on the bench most of the time and work hard to play, then maybe. otherwise i think its a waste of wages.

• Like 4

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

It would be great if our team manages to sign another striker and a centre-back, as both positions are quite significant. In my opinion, having only three strikers in League Two might not be sufficient for success. In addition, it would be fantastic to have a swifter centre-back on the team, as this could strengthen our overall performance.

• Like 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,111
  • Days Won:  54

I agree that we don’t need another striker. Langstaff is obviously going to play there and he seems pretty resistant to the wear and tear injuries that other players suffer. We only play one striker too, I think a 4th would get very little game time. Morias struggled to get a look in and he's 1 of just 3 strikers!

That said some people seem to think David McGouldrick wants to end his career with us, he is a fan after all so it’s not completely bonkers. Even though he’s 35 he scored 22 goals in League 1 last season, so he’s clearly still quality. What do we do if sign him though? Seems mad to bench 1 of him or Langstaff so then you’d have to change the system from last season, that was so effective, to accommodate two up top.

There's a few players in NL that I think could step up, and be a part of our squad but I'm sure 50% of signings will be players I barely know like last season!

• Like 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  570
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

There’s room for a striker who can provide cover, perhaps someone like Ruben Rodrigues but preferably more capable of playing as a striker convincingly. Imagine if we were hit with an injury or two - would we really want to cope by playing people out of position up top? Notts definitely needs a quicker centre back, and if they can play on the left, all the better.

The club also needs at least one more central midfielder - someone different from Matt Palmer, Jim O’Brien and John Bostock would be useful. A young midfielder with good vision who can contribute to both defence and attack would be ideal - someone who is quick and able to distribute passes effectively.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  1,713
  • Days Won:  36

The McGoldrick link is understandable with him being a Notts fan, but there is no way at 35 years old he could do the amount of pressing that Langstaff does and it would mean a complete change to our system. I think it’s a non starter.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  3,392

15 hours ago, ARLukomski said:

Bit of both but mainly who I think we could potentially bring in. Jodi Jones has obviously been offered a deal. We were interested and Sbarra in January and Pearson has already been linked. I haven't put strikers on there because if we keep Macca, Cedwyn and Morias, then I don't see the point. If Macca goes, then I'm fine with replacing him with Dallas. CLE, depends on what Stockport do with him

I just wanted to take a moment to express my gratitude to @ARLukomski for taking the time to share their thoughts and opinions with me. I truly appreciate the effort they put into explaining their perspective and providing insight into their thinking.

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,786
  • Days Won:  27

I wouldn’t know who to suggest at this stage. I do plan to take a look at the free agent list to see if I spot any good talent. I think the club will have already made contact with most of their targets.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

On 22/05/2023 at 17:22, Piethagoram said:

I would add Nathan Ashmore (GK) though unsure re current contract

CB:

Jamal Fyfield

Omar Sowunmi

Ethan Pye

Midfield

Greg Olley

Connor Lemonheigh-Evans

Attack

Andrew Dallas

Olley has just signed a new deal at Gateshead 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3,517
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

What's your method of keeping track of the players @ARLukomski? I think you could do something similar to that other fan, Tom Williams, but more knowledge-based rather than opinion. I tend to jot down names of players I've seen play, as I believe seeing them in person is better than forming a text-based opinion, but everyone has their methods.

@TheSkipper Tom's are generally knowledge based as well because the guy knows his stuff. I have the players ranked in order of who'd I want Notts to sign the most, out of the players in that position (this is not shown in the pic).

So for centre-back's I'd have 1) Cordner, 2) Debrah, 3) Holgate, 4) Johnson, 5) Lawrence, 6) Panter, 7) Lopata. 

I need to update it now because Jones has signed permanently, MacDonald has gone to Mansfield, Male has gone to Dorking and Gyollai has just been released by Maidenhead.

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  89

Dallas has signed for L1 Barnsley. 

Quite a strange move for me that, both for club and player. Has had 2 or 3 very good seasons at NL level, scoring 1 in 2, but had previously failed at L2 level so there was always a question mark there.

Seemed inevitable that Dallas would get another chance at the Football League, however had expected that to be at L2 level. You have to hope it goes well for him and he doesn't end up a bench warmer and out on loan in January.

• Content Count:  3,557
  • Days Won:  9

No Jesse Debrah at @ARLukomski? Are there any players you would add to the list now that have not been signed by anyone?

• Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

I am surprised not to see a few of the signings we have made within the list, but keeping a recruitment document sounds like a fun activity.